What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who Is Your Favorite End Times Teacher/Pastor?

This is an important aspect of some conspiracy promoters, especially those who are behind a pulpit.

I listen to a friend of JD's, JB Hixson. I love his devotion to God's grace, but several years ago he wandered off into the conspiracy vortex. Some may think of me as a conspiracy buff, I resisted the jab, I have doubts that we've been told the truth about so many things (JFK, Vietnam, Watergate, 9-11, Covid, etc.) but we can see satanic forces are coming into increased control.

When I listen to JB Hixson he is solid with the gospel, but something comes over him when he gets into conspiracy. (He too is an anti-Trumper.) It sounds like JD is on the same path. I say the 'same' path because those in the conspiracy vortex all begin to show a similar devotion to their pet conspiracy, like the flat earth conspiracy. JB seems focused on jet stream and cloud seeding.

My questions when JB shifts gears from the gospel to conspiracy are: why isn't he encouraging us to trust God as satanic forces are bringing deceit/destruction; why isn't he sticking to the gospel and reminding us how powerful prayer is; and why does he seem so jazzed up as he speculates on a wide variety of conspiracies? @Andiamo you pointed out that one, there is an element of shock value that revs up the speaker.

Regarding their mutual distaste for any who vote for a lesser evil, that is holier than thou sounding. Basically they are advising that we should be too good to vote. Seriously?
Thanks Growing. I hear you. I have expressed much in this forum in detail as to my adverse position in respect to JD. I believe the church is susceptible to some kind of mind virus these days. As seen in what you share as concern, amen. I agree with your concern, amen. I would see shock value is good for us, but not for you. When we do shock value, we do it right. When they do, they manipulate. Its kind of scary, right? That's the virus.

Beyond that thought I have found it important to hopefully understand how those in the care of Christian thought leaders are thinking. Focusing kind of less on the leaders and more on their influenced. Over the years the teaching style I have seen in spotting application is this:

• This is the top 5 views of this passage (or event in history)
  • Here are the pros and cons of those views
  • Here is the view I favor
  • Here are the prose and cons more specific to the view I favor
  • Here is why it is the best option

I believe teaching in this fashion helps the body of Christ as a whole understand how other denomination or groupings within the body are thinking. It is helpful I believe to try and empathetically understand where others are coming from. One thing I learned a bit more about in route when I was in a shark tank forum several years ago was that going after Christian leaders did not seem to be the end all be all...especially if we live in a day and age where we are surrounded. Let's just torch the whole house of God would not seem to be a sober option.

So what occurred to me over time is that what seems to be the focus in end times hysteria is how we can help the body of believers because of where we are at. Proving pastor A wrong and going after paster B because of false this or that is well enough calling awareness. But it did not see to solve the other ailment of our age. Quadrupling down on our own convictions. And it would seem that condition spread to further divide the body all over the place. Which might seem to be a victory for the enemy.

This one YouTube channel (not Dean--the video I posted below--but it was a different YouTube channel no longer posting now for 2 years) continually went after big names in pulpits. And having known several of them, I would have to say his concerns were accurate. But it had the effect of burning down the whole house of God. So what I noticed was that it would probably be best to target the flock not the pulpit. What I mean by that is that pastors that are fixed in their own ways will only use attacked against them as they are being persecuted. Sure there is a time and place to down bad leadership. But since it is somewhat of an epidemic, it would seem that the main reason we are concerned with bad theology played out at the pulpit is because of how it harms others. And that would be their followers.

I would not see any kingpin leaders repenting. They are too invested. So challenging them to repent is fine. But does not see to go far enough. So what I have seen to be helpful in the context we find ourselves in these crazy days is to build up the flock forsaken. Help those whom bad theology leads. And understanding why things look reasonable to others can help provide conversations where the Spirit may enter authority for a flock member to consider and benefit from the ministry of the spirit. (Col 4:6 being a powder keg of access).

. . . . .

So that is why I am at JDF forum. So I can learn how to better do all that and be all that. And open too to where also I may not be seeing the striaghtest myself. In this I would see yielding to the Spirits authority in the matter. I used to be reformed but am no longer reformed. However I have friends that are. And I consider reformed theologians of old having much deep and helpful works toward the edification of the body. Dean Lentini is reformed but genuinely calls out bad actors within his tent (which is kind of tabu...so I tend to trust a lot of his insights). In the video below it does make a good case for why Chrstians should not vote. It is actually very sober minded. By posting this I am not advocating that Christians should not vote (or i think more accurately that christian do not have to vote...and a case for that). I believe we should. And as I am today will be voting for Trump. But it is videos like this or perspectives not in line with my own that have heart in how they are actually portrayed that I love to consider. Its over an hour but Dean makes it fun in presentation for the most part. I don't agree with his reformed perspectives, but he is a brother in Christ who is very down to earth. And a helpful voice I believe on several fronts. Its a small YouTube channel. But having weathered much of the sphere in the world from which he speaks, to me, he is a very sober perspective.

Blessings.

I'll throw some names into the hat that haven't been mentioned...

Calvin Robinson: C of England refused to ordain him so that was a good start! I love his preaching and debating. Re. end times - he confronts the apostasy in the church and gives us the much needed ammo to do the same. If pastors don't arm the parents for spiritual debates, then the kids have little chance.

Rabbi Zev Porat witnessing to orthodox rabbis. I have learned so much more about Jesus in the OT from him than from anyone else. Such an eye opener. Not so much an end time teacher but such a blessing that I don't want you to miss out in it.

Pastor Dr. Gene Kim, excellent Bible studies as well as current end time events and the rapture.

Watchman Newscast for news.

Christ in Prophecy (Lamb and Lion Ministries) - Excellent discussions and guests. When Chris on RF posted The Immaculate Conception article I tried to explain that this was RC doctrine, but Chris got very defensive about this. I contacted the author, Dr. Nathan Jones and explained this debate was settled 500 yrs ago and is the foundation of RC teaching. He checked it out and not only got back to me, but he corrected his article, joined RF and explained why he got it wrong and corrected it. Very approachable.

I didn't see DTBM mentioned. Discover the Book Ministries by Pastor John Barnett. What!!?? You don't know DTBM? Fasten your seat belts because if you need feeding John is going to give you more than you can take! Great Bible teacher as well as on the mark on current prophecy.

Brylan Riggs for the apostasy happening now.

I also subscribe to several pre-wrath/post-trib channels, one of which is led by an ex-Calvary Church pastor who was a platform speaker for the pre-trib but is now pre-wrath. I have asked several times to debate him but so far he has not taken me up on my kind offer. If I don't debate then I don't understand fully what my opponents think is the pre-trib killer and I need to test my understanding of the pre-trib with their attempts to prove it wrong.

Some of their end time and historical research is excellent and I benefit from that as well as broadening my understanding of opposing interpretations. The results is a deeper appreciation of the events leading up to and after the rapture.

Blessings!
I like to follow Brylon Riggs. He exposes a lot of false teachers and points out the Contemporary Christian music artists with a dark part of them most people don't know about.

I also follow Lion and Lamb ministries/Christ in Prophecy.

Thank you for sharing your fav prophecy teachers.
I appreciate your comments.

Yes and there are some things about 9/11 that aren’t explained well and seem fishy but to say that there are no planes is crazy. What about all of us in EST time zone who saw the second tower get hit on live tv? Something I will never forget as long as I live. I suppose we were all watching a fake video? Give me a break.
Not only that, but I know people who were in New York who actually saw and heard the planes hit.

I know how all this ends. I have a family member who was obsessed with this not too long ago.
All the people in NYC who supposedly heard or saw planes hit are part of the conspiracy themselves, maybe even hired, to tell people lies.
Just like every pilot who ever lived are paid to tell people lies about the earth being round.

Calvin Robinson: C of England refused to ordain him so that was a good start! I love his preaching and debating. Re. end times - he confronts the apostasy in the church and gives us the much needed ammo to do the same. If pastors don't arm the parents for spiritual debates, then the kids have little chance.
He used to have a programme on GB news. He also did a lot to evangelize those watching his show. :)

I am a member of a Calvary chapel.
I suspect it was the other way around.
That is not an unreasonable consideration. If so, I think JD would be kind of ok with it because he made it a point not to partner in conferences etc. But as far as concerns, I could see Calvary Chapel having conscern with his ever fringing views. In one way, I don't mind the pastor-mavorick spirit. I don't mind at all the different than than crowd perspective. It does concern me though we it becomes "my way or the highway" in those alternative views. Thanks for the mention Andiamo.

Hi all,

This morning I removed a group of posts related in some way to 9/11. A couple were of a nature that they simply don't belong on this Board, and several other posts got swept up in the action I took. I can't say that I removed them because they were off topic because we've been very liberal on this Board with letting threads go where they will. Carry on, and have a wonderful day!

I greatly enjoy Andy Woods, Tom Hughes, James Kaddis, Mitch Holthus, Brit Gillette, John Barnett, John Haller, and Arnold Fructenbaum........and the old stuff by Dave Breese, Dave Hunt, Hal Lindsey, Grant Jeffries, and Jack Van Impe. I used to love watching God's News Behind The News every week. There are others, especially now that we have YT and the whole internet capability.

I'm not comfortable with Barry Awe and others like him that constantly set dates and then reset dates and then set new dates and then reset those.....etc., etc. so I don't watch everything they do and often don't agree with most of what they say.

But I do watch some of these just to get perspective and sometimes feel some good interpretation of Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Isaiah, Joel, Daniel, Revelation, Psalms, etc. are noteworthy.

My opinion is this. There should never be a favorite 'end times teacher'.

The so called 'end times teacher' should be well versed in all Biblical doctrines. And if he isn't, he cannot be an 'end times teacher'.

End time events are connected with 'salvation', with Israel, with the Church, with the Holy Spirit.

Someone who says they are an 'end times teacher' is no different than those who say 'end times teachings' doesn't matter...that we should just be bringing the gospel to the world.

The best 'end times teacher' is one who knows the Scriptures and has the gift of teaching.

Quantrill

Back