What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How To Be Born Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Administrator

Admin
Staff member
Do you want to go to Heaven? Jesus said unless a person is born again, they cannot enter the Kingdom of God. By born again, He means having a spiritual birth. You see, from your parents you received a physical birth—which is your earthly life. But you now need to receive a spiritual birth to gain eternal life in Heaven. And that comes only from God. It's called being born again. How do you get it? Fortunately it is very, very simple. Jesus said all that is necessary to be born again is to believe in Him.

What does that mean? Well, it’s as simple as A-B-C.

Admit you have sinned and that you cannot save yourself.

• As it is written: “There is none righteous, no not one.” —Romans 3:10
  • For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. —Romans 3:23
  • Whoever keeps the whole law, but stumbles in just one point, is guilty of all. —James 2:10
  • The wages of sin is death. —Romans 6:23a
Most of us like to think we are pretty good people. We know we are not perfect, but we think we are better than some; so we think God should accept us. But we are all sinners. Every human being is a sinner because we were all born sinners. It’s in our human nature. And God cannot accept sinners into His presence. In fact, sin must be punished. And that punishment is eternal death in Hell. But God loves us and has not left us without hope. He has provided a way for us to enter His presence: Jesus Christ.

Believe on Jesus Christ.

• For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. —John 3:16-17
  • Whoever believes in Him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe has already been condemned, because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.
  • Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life. Whoever rejects the Son will not see life. Instead, the wrath of God remains on him."
  • They replied, "Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved, you and your household." —Acts 16:31
  • For I (St Paul) delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures. —1 Corinthians 15:3
Salvation is so easy even a child can receive it. In fact, Jesus said that only those who receive the kingdom of God like a little child will enter it. And a child just simply trusts their father. We can trust our Heavenly Father that He has made a way for us to be saved. As we said above, it is Jesus Christ. He came and lived a perfect life and then sacrificed that life by voluntarily dying on the Cross to pay the penalty for your sins. Then He rose again from the dead to prove that the Father in heaven had accepted His sacrifice and your sins were indeed forgiven. And all you have to do to receive that forgiveness is admit you’re a sinner, be willing to turn from your sins, and believe that what Jesus did on the cross was all you need to be forgiven and given eternal life in Heaven.

Confess publicly that Jesus Christ is your Lord and your Savior.

• If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved. —Romans 10:9-10
  • For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes. —Romans 1:16a
  • For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. —1 Corinthians 1:18
My friend, God has done it all for you. Only one thing remains: for you to accept it. God is offering you a priceless gift. But He will not force you to take it. You must willingly accept it. It is absolutely free. But you must admit you are a sinner and be willing to turn from your sin. You must believe that Jesus died, was buried, and rose again in order to open the only way into Heaven for you. And having done that, you must publicly confess your belief in Jesus.

I do want to warn you of one thing. This is not something to put off until another day, because we never know if we have another day. Life is uncertain and anything can happen. Cemeteries are full of people who thought they had another day, another hour, another minute, but entered eternity without warning. Aneurysms, heart attacks, accidents, disasters … the ways are endless. That’s why the Apostle Paul wrote these words: “Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.” —2 Corinthians 6:2b. You see, now is the only moment we know for sure we have. So now is the time we should make this decision. Putting it off could be the worst decision you have ever made, the result of which you will suffer for all eternity. And eternity has no end at all. So, would a wise person not make that decision right now?

If you have wisely decided to make your decision for Christ now, just pray to God and tell Him. Praying isn’t something fancy: it is just talking to God like you would a friend. But if you are not sure how to pray and need some help, then here is a suggested prayer. Merely saying the prayer won’t save you; but believing what you are saying will.

Heavenly Father,

I know that I’ve sinned against You. I realize that the penalty for sin is death. Thank you for sending Your Son, Jesus, to die for me, shedding His own blood on the cross in my place so that I could receive His righteousness by faith. I now confess my sins to You and ask for Your forgiveness. I believe that Jesus died and rose again so that I can be forgiven and live forever with Him. Here and now, I surrender my life, my plans, my goals to the Lordship of Jesus Christ. With Your help, I will seek at every opportunity that You give me to share with others what You have done in my life. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen.

If you prayed that and meant it, then you are now saved forever. You are now a permanent member of the family of God. And the angels in Heaven are celebrating over your salvation (Luke 15:10). God has promised that He will never leave you or forsake you. In other words, He promises He will never walk away from you or turn His heart away from you. You are His precious child forever! But your journey with Christ has just begun.

I encourage you to begin reading the Bible. Just as a newborn baby needs to be fed in order to thrive and grow, so you need to be fed God’s Word. The Bible is God’s Word. In it He reveals exactly who He is, what He is like, and what He wants from us. It is through the Bible that you will get to know your Creator and Savior intimately. And that is what He wants. He knows you already and He wants you to get to know Him. I promise you it is a wonderful relationship! He wants to reveal to you His specific purpose in creating you and placing you where you are. If you do not have a Bible, then simply become a member of this site and send a private message to mattfivefour asking for one. I will mail you one free of charge. Or you can download a free Bible app for your mobile device from https://www.bible.com/app.

Finally, you should also look for a good Bible-believing church to attend. A church is just a group of believers in Jesus Christ. Fellowship with other believers is very important, because Satan loves to find a lone sheep. They make easy prey for him. But You will find safety, strength, sound teaching and solid encouragement with other believers. While looking for a local church, why not sign up here? It’s free, there are no obligations, and you will find great teaching and encouragement here. And we can help you find a good church in your area if you want. Just ask.

God bless you. And if you just prayed to receive Christ—

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY OF GOD!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back