What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Millennial Day Theory

Tangent . . . I've always thought of Jesus' birth (Christmas) as fulfilling Hanukkah.

Neither are commanded, but each is celebrated as thanksgiving to God for the miracle of light: the Jews for the 8 days the oil burned, and the Christians for the Light of the World. Jesus was circumcised 8 days later, just as the oil arrived at the Temple 8 days later.

Both are festivals of light.

Even if Jesus was born in September, as some say, since life begins at conception, Jesus still came into the world around Christmas.
It did, but more on the basis of conception. That is worked out by figuring out when Elizabeth got pregnant. Her husband was a priest, and he served in the Temple on a strict date based rotation set by King David. His dates are set in stone so to speak. So the conception of his son John (the Baptist) was just after that Temple service.

It's all here in Luke 1

5 In the time of Herod king of Judea there was a priest named Zechariah, who belonged to the priestly division of Abijah; his wife Elizabeth was also a descendant of Aaron.

That establishes his division. There is a way to determine the dates for Abijah- I forget exactly how but it's worked out by looking at the dates David set for the divisions, back in Kings or Chronicles somewhere. Dr Ken Johnson has outlined it quite clearly and it places the conception of John 6 precise months before Jesus is conceived.

8 Once when Zechariah’s division was on duty and he was serving as priest before God, 9 he was chosen by lot, according to the custom of the priesthood, to go into the temple of the Lord and burn incense. 10 And when the time for the burning of incense came, all the assembled worshipers were praying outside.

11 Then an angel of the Lord appeared to him, standing at the right side of the altar of incense. 12 When Zechariah saw him, he was startled and was gripped with fear. 13 But the angel said to him: “Do not be afraid, Zechariah; your prayer has been heard. Your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you are to call him John.

Now down to the next part to zero in on:

23 When his time of service was completed, he returned home. 24 After this his wife Elizabeth became pregnant

AND now down to Mary

26 In the sixth month of Elizabeth’s pregnancy, God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a town in Galilee, 27 to a virgin pledged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendant of David. The virgin’s name was Mary.

That places Mary's conception time around Hanukkah, the Feast of Dedication (that is the name of it in John 10:22) which Jesus attended in the Temple at that Feast which we commonly call Hanukkah. Kislev 25 is Hanukkah by the Jewish months and Kislev is usually in our month of December. Merry Christmas @Ghoti Ichthus <3

And His conception at Hanukkah is most appropriate because this is the Rededication, the Cleansing of the Temple. God's Mercy and Grace. It's not a Levitical Feast, and Jesus is not a Levitical Priest.

He is a Melchizadek Priest who lives forever to continually intercede for us. Cleansing us, making us the Temple of the Holy Spirit.

We tend to gloss over the reading of the full account of Luke 1 with John the Baptist's conception as extra details that don't really matter. But the Bible puts that detail (and the priestly rotations by ancestor) in for a reason.

Well, it is possible that the Millennial-Day theory may receive a boost to its credibility due to something else in the Bible: the Feasts of Israel. As you all know, if you have been following my teaching over the years, I believe that the seven Great Feasts that God gave to Israel in the Torah are pictures of God's full dealings with mankind, from the finishing of His work of Redemption to the finishing of His work of Restoration. In other words, the seven feasts picture everything from Christ removing sin from man to Christ removing Satan from the world, thus restoring everything to right relationship with God.

This is why the Bible says that God has not done anything that He has not already revealed to his people through his prophets. Just as in the Tabernacle --and everything associated with it, including the sacrifices-- God gave us a picture of Jesus and His entire plan of salvation, so too in the feasts He gave us a picture of everything He was going to do. So, let's examine this right now, because it relates to the Rapture, and its timing.

The four spring feasts are as follows:
  1. Pesach (Passover) represented Christ's atoning sacrifice,
  2. Chag haMatzot (the Feast of Unleavened Bread) --which immediately followed Passover, beginning the instant it ended-- involved the removal of everything impure, thus picturing the removal of sin
  3. Chag ha-Bikkurim (the Feast of First Fruits) pictured Christ's resurrection. It occurs during the seven days of Passover, on the first day of the week (Sunday for us) following the Sabbath after the Passover sacrifice. So, if Christ was crucified on Friday, it would be the third day.
  4. Shavuot (Pentecost) marked the beginning of the wheat harvest and is a picture of the beginning of the Church, which was created to spread the gospel and bring in the harvest of souls...made possible, of course, by the coming of the Holy Spirit to indwell Christ's followers.
All of these great acts of God happened in exact accordance with each of the feasts. Therefore it should not surprise us to learn that the final three major events in God's complete plan are represented by the three fall feasts that are yet to come. Here they are in their biblical order.
  1. Yom Teruah (the Feast of Trumpets) when I personally believe the Rapture will occur, ushering in the "time of Jacob's trouble." (By the way, this feast is most commonly known as Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year.)
  2. Yom Kippur (the Day of Atonement) when I believe God will bring Israel to a point where they will engage in deep personal and national repentance before the Lord God and cry out for their Messiah
  3. Sukkot (the Feast of Tabernacles) when I believe Christ will return and dwell with Israel, ruling the earth from Jerusalem.
I draw your attention to The Feast of Trumpets. It is also known, in Hebrew idiom, as "the day that no one knows." It is called this because it is the only feast day in the Hebrew calendar that does not have a fixed start time, but only starts when two official witnesses see the very first sliver or sign of the new moon that begins that month and that festival. There is a 48 hour window for this to occur, therefore "no man knows the day or the hour." This year, the Feast of Trumpets will occur in the 2-day period between sundown October 2 and sundown October 4.

When the seven festivals are finally fulfilled, God's purpose for history will be fulfilled. (By the way, before we continue, have you ever pondered the fact that there are seven feasts? Just as God created the world in seven literal days, and may well have laid out everything in seven prophetic days (that is to say 1000 year periods -- hence the Millennial-Day theory) I believe He will restore it in seven figurative days. And just as on the seventh day of Creation He rested, His creative work being complete, surely He will rest on the seventh day of Re-creation, which is the seventh feast...that being Tabernacles when Messiah will dwell among humanity here on earth, thus marking the completion of God's work of restoration of the world to Himself.)

"But pastor," I hear someone say, "you have said many times that the feasts are for Israel, not the Church. How come you are now saying that the Feast of Trumpets is the Rapture? That would make the feast for the Church." Not at all. It is the Feast of Trumpets, not the Feast of Trumpet. Yes, the trumpet will sound calling all of us home, who believe in Jesus Christ for our salvation. But that is not the only event being marked. God uses trumpets for many purposes, in order to signal significant events and to issue warnings. When we leave, the restrainer leaves, and the time of Jacob's trouble will begin.

The Feast of Trumpets lasts 10 days, and leads up to the great and terrible Day of Atonement. That is why those days are referred to as the Days of Awe. During them, Jews prepare to ask God for forgiveness of their sins by repenting of those sins and forgiving others who have sinned against them. The minute these days end, the solemn Day of Atonement begins. Oh! what a day that will be when Israel finally cries out in agony of heart for its Messiah!

Anyway, my precious brothers and sisters, that is what I believe God has opened up to me to share. Throughout my ministry, God has, from time to time, illuminated certain doctrines, not as a result of any effort on my part to come to an understanding, but purely by Him placing them into my mind in His time, and for His purpose. And it is at this very moment in time that I feel the freedom in my spirit to share the message I am sharing right now. I believe God wants us all to understand the significance of what is happening now. He wants us to understand the time we are in and the time we have left to serve Him before we are removed and the Great Tribulation begins.

Before I get to the conclusion of my message, I want to speak about timing. If my understanding of the feasts is correct --and I believe it is-- the Rapture will occur on a Feast of Trumpets. How soon that particular feast may occur depends first of all on whether we are in "the season" or not. I believe we are. Second of all, it depends on when ”the fullness of the gentiles” (Romans 11:25) occurs; and THAT no one knows, except God. But surely we are close.

Now please, please, PLEASE understand that I am NOT saying the Rapture will occur this October, although it could. But I believe it will occur in an October on a Feast of Trumpets in the not to distant future. At best, I believe we only have a few years. Maybe not even that many. So, are we to rejoice that we're almost out of here? It's certainly something to rejoice about. What could be better than that? But are we to focus on the Rapture and our deliverance from this body of flesh? I suggest not.

What is it that Christ commanded us to be doing when He left? It was to be sharing the Gospel. Do you think He will be pleased if when He comes for us He finds us doing everything but? Do you think at that moment we will be glad we have been focusing the greatest pay of our attention on our lives, our jobs, our finances, our plans, our earthly dreams, or anything else? Only you can answer for yourself. I know I will not be feeling good about myself when I look Jesus in the eye, if the main focus of my life at that point has not been serving my Lord and Savior.

In the process of laying this message on my heart and freeing me in my spirit to finally deliver it, He has strongly impressed on me that now is the time to begin doing what He has called us to do, and to do so with our whole hearts. We have entered a very serious time ... not simply in the history of the world, but in the history of mankind. We are entering a time different from every other time that has existed since the world began. Things are about to change and change dramatically. And you and I are about to see it.

But God has not called us to be spectators of what is happening. He has not called us to merely report on what we see, nor speculate on events. He has called us to be about His work. And so, in love, but in the strongest terms possible, I encourage each one of you to focus on what the Holy Spirit places into your heart. For me it's one thing; for you it will possibly be another. Each one of us has been given gifts and ministries. Let us employ our gifts and pursue our ministries with our whole hearts.

The day of the Lord is at hand, the day of our departure is close, and once we leave this earth we will never earn another reward. What we have earned by the time we leave this earth will be what we have for eternity. This Earth is the one place where you and I can demonstrate our faithfulness to God and store up for ourselves rewards in Heaven that we will enjoy for all eternity. Let us not miss our remaining chances to do so.

Brothers and sisters, dearly beloved of God, I encourage you now to enter a new phase of living, a new phase of serving. I believe that as you set your hearts to obey Him, He will speak to you ... through His Word, or directly into your spirit. But He will speak to you, it will always align with His Word, and He will lead you in the way in which you should go from this point onward. What He gives to you, please share with everyone you can; just as I am sharing with you what He has given to me. And, in fact, please share this message with other mature Christians whom you know will benefit from it.

I am praying for each of you. Please pray for me and for Andrea. Let all of us, each one of us, fulfill the ministries that God has given us. And please do not be panicked by what's happening in the world or even in your family. Don't be panicked by this message. Do not be panicked with the thoughts of unsaved loved ones. Trust God. He has everything under control. He has heard your prayers and He will do what is perfect and right. Just focus on Him and follow Him wherever and however He leads you.

I love each individual one of you in Christ. As does Andrea. What a truly exciting time we live in! What a truly awesome God we serve! And what a privilege He has given us to be alive and to be allowed to serve Him at this exact point in history! Hallelujah! Glory to His name! Now please go forth and, encouraged by the message I have shared, make full proof (as the KJV puts it) of your ministry. In other words, take your gifts and use them. May God bless you as you do.
YES and AMEN!

Something that Don Koenig pointed out in this article here: Did Oct 7, 2023 start The 10 days (years) of awe for Israel? - really resonated with me. He has since followed it up Expect Rapture 2024 2025 2026 - and I can't see any flaws in his reasoning.

None of that interferes with the principle of not knowing the day or the hour, and it does fulfill the pictures of the Levitical Feasts as well as the Millennial Day Theory.

As Don points out in a previous article Second coming in 2030's - Rapture 7 to 10 years sooner - published in 2023 it's been lining up for years now.

Our focus is an any day any time Rapture, and being found doing the will of God.

First, thank you so much Adrian for the encouraging message you shared with us in announcements. I copied this part because it really resonated with me and I want to encourage each of you to really focus on it. I intend to send it out to several of my friends who I know will be encouraged by it.

"And so, in love, but in the strongest terms possible, I encourage each one of you to focus on what the Holy Spirit places into your heart. For me it's one thing; for you it will possibly be another. Each one of us has been given gifts and ministries. Let us employ our gifts and pursue our ministries with our whole hearts.

The day of the Lord is at hand, the day of our departure is close, and once we leave this earth we will never earn another reward. What we have earned by the time we leave this earth will be what we have for eternity. This Earth is the one place where you and I can demonstrate our faithfulness to God and store up for ourselves rewards in Heaven that we will enjoy for all eternity. Let us not miss our remaining chances to do so.

Brothers and sisters, dearly beloved of God, I encourage you now to enter a new phase of living, a new phase of serving. I believe that as you set your hearts to obey Him, He will speak to you ... through His Word, or directly into your spirit. But He will speak to you, it will always align with His Word, and He will lead you in the way in which you should go from this point onward. What He gives to you, please share with everyone you can; just as I am sharing with you what He has given to me. And, in fact, please share this message with other mature Christians whom you know will benefit from it."

Anyway, my precious brothers and sisters, that is what I believe God has opened up to me to share. Throughout my ministry, God has, from time to time, illuminated certain doctrines, not as a result of any effort on my part to come to an understanding, but purely by Him placing them into my mind in His time, and for His purpose. And it is at this very moment in time that I feel the freedom in my spirit to share the message I am sharing right now. I believe God wants us all to understand the significance of what is happening now. He wants us to understand the time we are in and the time we have left to serve Him before we are removed and the Great Tribulation begins.

Before I get to the conclusion of my message, I want to speak about timing. If my understanding of the feasts is correct --and I believe it is-- the Rapture will occur on a Feast of Trumpets. How soon that particular feast may occur depends first of all on whether we are in "the season" or not. I believe we are. Second of all, it depends on when ”the fullness of the gentiles” (Romans 11:25) occurs; and THAT no one knows, except God. But surely we are close.

Now please, please, PLEASE understand that I am NOT saying the Rapture will occur this October, although it could. But I believe it will occur in an October on a Feast of Trumpets in the not to distant future. At best, I believe we only have a few years. Maybe not even that many. So, are we to rejoice that we're almost out of here? It's certainly something to rejoice about. What could be better than that? But are we to focus on the Rapture and our deliverance from this body of flesh? I suggest not.

I am very proud of you for posting what you did. God wants us to share what he shares with us. However it does require faith. What kind of faith? The faith that we trust God and will not be afraid of being ridiculed and made fun of. Think of how Noah must have felt! He was already the laughing stock, but if the flood did not happen even his children would have lost faith in him.

So what you have done takes faith! Even if for some reason you are wrong, you have said what you have said in faith which God will reward you for. You have not said this to gain a following or fame when actually it may be the opposite. Nor have you done this for money or attention. It is what you believed God has shown you and again takes faith!!!

So glad that you posted what you did!!! 👍

God Bless! :love:
Goodboy

It's certainly seems like we are somewhere around the 6000 year mark per the genealogy scriptures. Are we? Perhaps. But that doesn't prove the 6 days theory representing 6000 years until the start of the MK with the King of Kings and Lord of Lords on the throne in Jerusalem is true. When did it start counting? The day of Adam's creation? The day of Adam and Eve's paid covering of bloodshed after the original sin? Some other start up after creation? When was the 4000 year mark? Christ's birth? Christ's atoning death? Christ's resurrection? Christ's ascension back to heaven? Pentecost? Some other day? Do we truly have the ability to calculate every day for 6000 years, and if so, does that mean we can know when the rapture will be? How would a possible gap between the rapture and the return of the King work?

I've always had questions and more questions about this and do enjoy reading/listening to the wide range of theories and opinions.

I kept seeing this thread, planning to catch up and actually read it. Adrian’s pinned post finally made me come here and read everything.
All of this is very exciting, in that indescribable, cautious “could it really be?” kind of way.
And compelling. Pastor Adrian, thank you for your boldness.

As I type this, I am thinking about ocean tides and waves. And how there are limited opportunities for the shell collectors to go out there on the flat sand and find shells.
I wonder if we are in between waves right at this moment. And that soon, the evening tide will roll in.

We have the genealogies and we can do the count ourselves to see that what the early church wrote is correct, that 2025 is a good ball park figure. If they are close let alone correct, then the next 17 months are likely to be shocking as to how fast prophetic events speed up as they are getting faster by the week as it is.
My husband did this a few years ago! Using nothing but the Bible and notebook paper. And a lot of coffee. He was able to imprecisely determine that we are right around the 6000 year mark.
I didn’t know that about the early church mentioning 2025 in the Dead Sea scrolls. That really raises my eyebrows.
Just look at what we have seen since Oct 7 2023.

I think the 6000 year theory is fun to think about. It makes sense to me that God, as perfect and precisely as He does things, has done this, but that we have no way of precisely figuring it out ourselves. So therefore we shouldn’t pretend that we have. We can figure that we are close however.

As far as the feasts go, my husband read “The Pentecostal Rapture of the Church of Jesus Christ” by Jack W Langford, and is convinced that it will happen on or around Shavuot. He won’t listen when I tell him that feast of Trumpets is a possibility held by many good prophecy teachers.
The book does make a great argument for it.

I personally don’t care for it, because it threatens to narrow my expectation of leaving down to a few days…a couple months maybe since our calendars are off.

But I mark it on the calendar anyway 😆

I think the 6000 year theory is fun to think about. It makes sense to me that God, as perfect and precisely as He does things, has done this, but that we have no way of precisely figuring it out ourselves. So therefore we shouldn’t pretend that we have. We can figure that we are close however.

As far as the feasts go, my husband read “The Pentecostal Rapture of the Church of Jesus Christ” by Jack W Langford, and is convinced that it will happen on or around Shavuot. He won’t listen when I tell him that feast of Trumpets is a possibility held by many good prophecy teachers.
The book does make a great argument for it.

I personally don’t care for it, because it threatens to narrow my expectation of leaving down to a few days…a couple months maybe since our calendars are off.

But I mark it on the calendar anyway 😆

If I were to mark my calendar for the Rapture I would put "Rapture?" In for every day going forward.

Jack W Langford is a prolific author of books about his understanding of the Word of God. I have not followed him; but I believe his theory of a Shavuot rapture is, respectfully, fanciful thinking and perhaps not unexpected from a Pentecostal. The antitype (fulfillment) of Shavout has already occurred-- namely the arrival of the Holy Spirit to dwell in human beings, thus creating the Church. I do not believe we should look back to fulfilled feasts for future events. So Yom Teruah is the next festival and I have made the case for it above.

Jack W Langford is a prolific author of books about his understanding of the Word of God. I have not followed him; but I believe his theory of a Shavuot rapture is, respectfully, fanciful thinking and perhaps not unexpected from a Pentecostal. The antitype (fulfillment) of Shavout has already occurred-- namely the arrival of the Holy Spirit to dwell in human beings, thus creating the Church. I do not believe we should look back to fulfilled feasts for future events. So Yom Teruah is the next festival and I have made the case for it above.
I have been trying to nonchalantly get him interested in reading your post 😆

Lord God, Almighty Father who loves us so very much, I know you love our sister's husband deeply. You sent your Son to die for him. Help him to come to the knowledge of the truth. Open his heart and his mind to accept new ideas and not be wedded to the things of the past without examining what Your Word actually says. Thank You that You hear and thank You that we know You will work in our sister's husband so that he may be blessed with a closer relationship with You. For we pray this in the name of Your Son, Jesus. Amen.

from Mattfivefour above ... "If my understanding of the feasts is correct --and I believe it is-- the Rapture will occur on a Feast of Trumpets. How soon that particular feast may occur depends first of all on whether we are in "the season" or not. I believe we are. Second of all, it depends on when ”the fullness of the gentiles” (Romans 11:25) occurs; and THAT no one knows, except God. But surely we are close."

The Feast of Trumpets makes sense but how does it fit in with imminency? The Feast is a 2-day event, but if the first day passes, then we would "know" when the rapture would occur, it would be on the second day. You could change the year but it's the same issue. Also, if the rapture is on that feast day, or any feast day, that means that the other 363 days of the year are not possible thus no imminency. If the rapture has to be on any particular day, then it destroys imminency. Right? What are I not seeing?

The Feast of Trumpets makes sense but how does it fit in with imminency?
I keep hearing about the doctrine of imminency which I assumed was just that the Rapture could happen anytime. Whether I am correct or not, what are the actually Bible verses that speak of the imminency of the Rapture? I like to go straight to the Bible to understand what we call doctrines.

If one knows the month, they still don't know the year. If one knows the year, they still don't know the month. So for me unless someone knows the year, month and day they have not contradicted what the Bible says. If we cannot not know the season, then why are there signs for us to look for and what do these verses mean?

1 Thessalonians 5:1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
1 Thessalonians 5:2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
1 Thessalonians 5:3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
1 Thessalonians 5:4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
1 Thessalonians 5:5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
1 Thessalonians 5:6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

Back