What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Millennial Day Theory

Interesting timing that you posted this last night -- Tyler just reposted that video on his Telegram channel! He also posted this short piece along the same lines from Don Koenig: https://www.thepropheticyears.com/enddepravity/expect-rapture-2024-2025-2026.html

I pray that Don gets his wish from the last sentence of that article.

I was thinking about this more though. Say Jesus came back in ~10 years from now. Could that really be enough time for Babylon to be hustling and bustling as a major focal point of the world? 🤔
That would depend on what Babylon ends up being.

Major contenders are: a rebuilt Babylon on site, Rome, some new city built somewhere within the geographical borders of ancient Babylon eg NEOM or even Babylon being America. I've heard lots of good arguments for each. I think in probabilities so I'd rank those based on how close the Tribulation is.

Judging by the speed at which NEOM is going up even during Covid, and some problems for the Saudi Crown Prince MBS, it could go up even faster with improvements learned from NEOM or it could be NEOM.

I'll throw in another possibility- the future HQ of the rebuilt Roman Empire.

Wherever it is, merchant shipping needs to see it from afar to weep over it. That rules out ancient Ninevah but doesn't rule out a rebuilt Babylon because of the proposed dredging of the river. Rome doesn't really qualify as a port city seen from ships at sea. Citivecchia ends up being the port for Rome when people sail on cruises out of Rome for example.

If it's a while yet, then Babylon on the site of Babylon as Andy Woods teaches could work. Especially if there is a large gap of a few years after the Rapture but before the start of the Trib.

NEOM is within the ancient borders of Babylon's empire so it could fit. And it's getting there despite set backs. Which actually puts it in the running again, because the start is already done.

Rome is the classic- many scholars including Dave Hunt advocated for Rome but I'd rank it lower than a rebuilt Babylon or something like NEOM.

I'm paying some attention to the arguments for America but that is an outsider in my probabilities till I learn further. Lee Brainard has some videos on it, and I've bought and skimmed thru a book on it but I'm still not sold on it as a real contender.

@Margery (or anyone) I figure you may have watched this video last year. If so, in your opinion do you think there was way too much speculation here?

Truthfully yes. There was a lot of speculation going on.

I enjoyed it. I think they did a good job with it.

I don't have any problem with their "thinking out loud". It's perfectly ok to look at different theories and examine whether or not they hold up to Bible scrutiny or fall apart when given the good old Berean test. Acts 17:11

BUT my problem lies with date setting

In that video if I recall correctly they were staying on the side of a lot of good interesting What IF scenarios and staying away from a particular date

I watched it when it first came out and I thought it was a good discussion. There are mathematician type people who try to figure out the year of the crucifixion/resurrection and it seems many think it was either 31 or 33AD.
Randy Nettles is one of those numbers guys. And Sir Robert Anderson was a guy from way back who tried to figure out the year in order to date Nehemiah 2 and Zech 9:9. So from that starting point, at least the idea is based on a lot of history and math! I dont recall any over-the-top speculation but I'm just careful not to fix my hopes on any specific time frame.

Tyler of Generation2434 also discusses this idea and he adds in the book of Ruth, harvest season, "the wine and the bread" and the 9th of Av to figure the timing of the rapture. I can see the prophetic parallels in Ruth but using the harvest season, "wine and the bread", and 9th of Av-- that's a bit too speculative for me to be comfortable with.

If we try to pin it down then we end up thinking Jesus can only come in a certain season, in this or that year, etc ...and then that feels like it steals my hope for every day, any day, any year.
But I do think we're likely down to the last few minutes or months or years of human history and it'd be pretty awesome if He did pattern history after the creation week!

Anastacia puts her finger on the problem for me with the whole 9th of Av speculation last year coming from Tyler of Gen 2434, his friend Dr Barry Awe and a few others. It didn't happen in the video with Pete.

Pete didn't join them in the date setting that blew up after that video. That is the one thing I was bothered by in Pete's farewell video on Monday is that he is encouraging people to follow Tyler and Chooch.

I'm sorry if I'm going to offend anyone who likes Tyler or Chooch or Dr Barry Awe. Close your eyes if this next will bother you. But I'm going to be blunt.

Quick disclaimer, I like Tyler, but he's young and easily influenced by Dr Barry Awe who is a flat out committed date setter. Chooch and the third guy that hangs out with Tyler and Chooch a lot (can't recall his name) are both older and should know better.

I was horrified at the travesty Barry made of the historical data using research from Dr Ken Johnson and others on the Dead Sea Scrolls, and the Essene's writings particularly on the Essene calendar. He tortured the data till it gave him a completely new meaning. Probably good that he never acknowledged whose research he borrowed.

Tyler (and Chooch and the other one, I can't remember his name now) defended Barry and were pretty harsh towards those who even questioned this whole house of cards.

Tyler disappeared for a few weeks after the 9th of Av fiasco proved to be yet another of Barry's bad calls but he has never dealt with it and he's been supportive of the other dates since than that Barry picks. I stopped watching him altogether a few months later realizing he'd moved on without addressing the 9th of Av, and I think the final straw was when he got sucked into another of Dr Barry's new dates.

My opinion of Dr Barry Awe is that he knows exactly what he is doing and isn't ashamed of it at all. He always disappears for a bit after one of his dates goes up in a puff of smoke, and then quickly starts with another one. He views this as encouraging the body, and he thinks and teaches that people who criticize him are quenching the Holy Spirit and discouraging the body. He also seems to think it's healthy for Christians to set their hearts on one date after another, and have their hopes dashed over and over. His solution is to haul out a fresh date and another false hope. He preys on unstable Christians without a good grounding in the Bible.

He lets himself out of the criticism of being a date setter by calling it a "high watch" day. I remember him in the comment section on that last video he did on the 9th of Av reminding people that the day wasn't over yet as it became obvious that he'd done it again. Sadly Tyler joined him in that comment section saying the same thing. I don't know if he's still got the video up or not or if he edited the comments. It was eye opening to watch. I couldn't quite believe it of Tyler till I saw that.

So put it this way

My weird twitch o meter goes off clanging when people keep hanging out with serial date setters and buy their line that they are offering encouragement and hope by setting a date like they did with the 9th of Av. It Raiseth my Left Eyebrow and Causeth my Right Eyelid to start jerking and twitching.

I hope Tyler learns. But as long as he and Chooch and the third guy keep hanging out together, and with Dr Barry Awe, then I think they will all keep reassuring each other that it's all good and they aren't really date setting, just talking about high watch periods.

To reiterate, I don't have a problem with shooting ideas around. It's when a date (like the 9th of Av) gets set up as a date or a high watch date that I have a problem.

Don Koenig is a favourite and so is Pete Garcia. They bat ideas around without setting people's hearts on a date. They show their thinking and explain their ideas and as far as I can tell they both point out that they may be dead wrong. They encourage people to think and look into the Bible for themselves.

I think that is the difference between thinking and discussing things like Bereans, and the perils of date setting. It's the effect on the unstable, young or unwary Christians around them. One opens possibilities and gets people digging into the Word, the other sets a date and when it comes and goes without the Rapture it leads to disappointment and people rejecting Christianity.

And if we get our hearts set on the Millennial day theory, it will be a stumbling block for us and others around us. That is the problem with any of these theories. As long as it's an idea that we bat around, that might fit, but we remind others (and ourselves) that it is only an idea and other ideas from Scripture might fit better, then we aren't setting up a date to be disappointed by or wreck someone else's faith by. But the minute we put it up there as a "high watch date" we are saying that this date is more special than any other for Jesus to Rapture us on and that destroys Imminency (I always spell that wrong, sorry)

think that is the difference between thinking and discussing things like Bereans, and the perils of date setting. It's the effect on the unstable, young or unwary Christians around them. One opens possibilities and gets people digging into the Word, the other sets a date and when it comes and goes without the Rapture it leads to disappointment and people rejecting Christianity
Amen sis :hug:

Interesting timing that you posted this last night -- Tyler just reposted that video on his Telegram channel! He also posted this short piece along the same lines from Don Koenig: https://www.thepropheticyears.com/enddepravity/expect-rapture-2024-2025-2026.html

I pray that Don gets his wish from the last sentence of that article.
Hmm . i don't know how he got that Israel wouldn't be alone based on that verse he provided, other than that i don't think he's too far off the mark.

It's good to see him alive and writing still

Truthfully yes. There was a lot of speculation going on.

I enjoyed it. I think they did a good job with it.

I don't have any problem with their "thinking out loud". It's perfectly ok to look at different theories and examine whether or not they hold up to Bible scrutiny or fall apart when given the good old Berean test. Acts 17:11

BUT my problem lies with date setting

In that video if I recall correctly they were staying on the side of a lot of good interesting What IF scenarios and staying away from a particular date

Anastacia puts her finger on the problem for me with the whole 9th of Av speculation last year coming from Tyler of Gen 2434, his friend Dr Barry Awe and a few others. It didn't happen in the video with Pete.

Pete didn't join them in the date setting that blew up after that video. That is the one thing I was bothered by in Pete's farewell video on Monday is that he is encouraging people to follow Tyler and Chooch.

I'm sorry if I'm going to offend anyone who likes Tyler or Chooch or Dr Barry Awe. Close your eyes if this next will bother you. But I'm going to be blunt.

Quick disclaimer, I like Tyler, but he's young and easily influenced by Dr Barry Awe who is a flat out committed date setter. Chooch and the third guy that hangs out with Tyler and Chooch a lot (can't recall his name) are both older and should know better.

I was horrified at the travesty Barry made of the historical data using research from Dr Ken Johnson and others on the Dead Sea Scrolls, and the Essene's writings particularly on the Essene calendar. He tortured the data till it gave him a completely new meaning. Probably good that he never acknowledged whose research he borrowed.

Tyler (and Chooch and the other one, I can't remember his name now) defended Barry and were pretty harsh towards those who even questioned this whole house of cards.

Tyler disappeared for a few weeks after the 9th of Av fiasco proved to be yet another of Barry's bad calls but he has never dealt with it and he's been supportive of the other dates since than that Barry picks. I stopped watching him altogether a few months later realizing he'd moved on without addressing the 9th of Av, and I think the final straw was when he got sucked into another of Dr Barry's new dates.

My opinion of Dr Barry Awe is that he knows exactly what he is doing and isn't ashamed of it at all. He always disappears for a bit after one of his dates goes up in a puff of smoke, and then quickly starts with another one. He views this as encouraging the body, and he thinks and teaches that people who criticize him are quenching the Holy Spirit and discouraging the body. He also seems to think it's healthy for Christians to set their hearts on one date after another, and have their hopes dashed over and over. His solution is to haul out a fresh date and another false hope. He preys on unstable Christians without a good grounding in the Bible.

He lets himself out of the criticism of being a date setter by calling it a "high watch" day. I remember him in the comment section on that last video he did on the 9th of Av reminding people that the day wasn't over yet as it became obvious that he'd done it again. Sadly Tyler joined him in that comment section saying the same thing. I don't know if he's still got the video up or not or if he edited the comments. It was eye opening to watch. I couldn't quite believe it of Tyler till I saw that.

So put it this way

My weird twitch o meter goes off clanging when people keep hanging out with serial date setters and buy their line that they are offering encouragement and hope by setting a date like they did with the 9th of Av. It Raiseth my Left Eyebrow and Causeth my Right Eyelid to start jerking and twitching.

I hope Tyler learns. But as long as he and Chooch and the third guy keep hanging out together, and with Dr Barry Awe, then I think they will all keep reassuring each other that it's all good and they aren't really date setting, just talking about high watch periods.

To reiterate, I don't have a problem with shooting ideas around. It's when a date (like the 9th of Av) gets set up as a date or a high watch date that I have a problem.

Don Koenig is a favourite and so is Pete Garcia. They bat ideas around without setting people's hearts on a date. They show their thinking and explain their ideas and as far as I can tell they both point out that they may be dead wrong. They encourage people to think and look into the Bible for themselves.

I think that is the difference between thinking and discussing things like Bereans, and the perils of date setting. It's the effect on the unstable, young or unwary Christians around them. One opens possibilities and gets people digging into the Word, the other sets a date and when it comes and goes without the Rapture it leads to disappointment and people rejecting Christianity.

And if we get our hearts set on the Millennial day theory, it will be a stumbling block for us and others around us. That is the problem with any of these theories. As long as it's an idea that we bat around, that might fit, but we remind others (and ourselves) that it is only an idea and other ideas from Scripture might fit better, then we aren't setting up a date to be disappointed by or wreck someone else's faith by. But the minute we put it up there as a "high watch date" we are saying that this date is more special than any other for Jesus to Rapture us on and that destroys Imminency (I always spell that wrong, sorry)
When you referred to Dr Barry Awe, i thought that was an alias for Barry Scarborough . My bad LOL

NEOM is within the ancient borders of Babylon's empire so it could fit. And it's getting there despite set backs. Which actually puts it in the running again, because the start is already done.

Rome is the classic- many scholars including Dave Hunt advocated for Rome but I'd rank it lower than a rebuilt Babylon or something like NEOM.

I'm paying some attention to the arguments for America but that is an outsider in my probabilities till I learn further. Lee Brainard has some videos on it, and I've bought and skimmed thru a book on it but I'm still not sold on it as a real contender.

Wow!! I've been hearing about NEOM for the last several years and knew it was in the ME, but somehow missed the fact it's near ancient Babylon! That is very interesting!

Wow!! I've been hearing about NEOM for the last several years and knew it was in the ME, but somehow missed the fact it's near ancient Babylon! That is very interesting!

Neom is in (will be in (if they ever finish it) NW Saudi Arabia, while Babylon is in Iraq south of Baghdad... So while they're kind of in the same neighborhood, they're not overly close to each other.

And I should also point out that I'm a bit uncomfortable with putting out a set of 4 years as a possible set of times. Because those may also come and go like a "high watch date". So that is my problem with the Millennial day theory even though I think the idea in general is fun to bat around.
At some point, 2026 is going to be the only year left, and all hopes set on that year.

I think my problem is the opposite. I tend to be akin to a scoffer, unfortunately.
I see all the evil and injustice and unfairness in the world and think, nothing is ever going ot be done about it. Why would it it happen in the next 3 years?

I see all the evil and injustice and unfairness in the world and think, nothing is ever going ot be done about it. Why would it it happen in the next 3 years?
I find myself getting wary and on-edge as we witness western civ circling the drain. It took months of trials but I'm gaining confidence that this is a good thing because only God can correct things. If He doesn't, it means we're going home soon :hug:

At some point, 2026 is going to be the only year left, and all hopes set on that year.

I think my problem is the opposite. I tend to be akin to a scoffer, unfortunately.
Evil, injustice, unfairness, persecution has been happening since the time shortly after the cross. Times seem to be even more evil now, and especially in the USA. However, if you look back at the numbers in the 1970s, violent crime was much higher then.

My barometer for understanding the season we are in is by focusing on Israel. Israel could be on the verge of EZ 38-39, or even Psalm 83 if that is an actual war. However, many times since 1948, the thought has been “this is it” and then it cools down.

None of can see the future, but all of us know what the future holds for the church.

Back