What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Considering 2024 - Is The World Ripe For Rapture?

But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you
John 14:26
Yes, He will teach you all things, helping us understand the true meaning of scripture. Does this also mean He will teach you things that are not in the Bible, specifically timing of the rapture?

I think we are all on the same page here, eagerly awaiting the call to come Home.

Yes, He will teach you all things, helping us understand the true meaning of scripture. Does this also mean He will teach you things that are not in the Bible, specifically timing of the rapture?

I think we are all on the same page here, eagerly awaiting the call to come Home.
My answer to your question is yes, as what does ALL THINGS include? 🤔

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

The Holy Spirit will only teach you the season however, not the day or hour. If we Knew the day or hour we would not need to watch. So while I believe the Rapture will be this year, I am still watching for it. As I said, you need to let the Holy Spirit convince you, not look for me to answer all of your questions. It is not that I have a problem with your questions, but my answers alone will not convince you. :noidea:

My answer to your question is yes, as what does ALL THINGS include? 🤔

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

The Holy Spirit will only teach you the season however, not the day or hour. If we Knew the day or hour we would not need to watch. So while I believe the Rapture will be this year, I am still watching for it. As I said, you need to let the Holy Spirit convince you, not look for me to answer all of your questions. It is not that I have a problem with your questions, but my answers alone will not convince you. :noidea:
Im not really looking for anyone to answer my questions, just trying to understand where others are coming from.

I will say again, I hope you are right about this year.

No debate here. I believe The Spirit reveals even the Deep things of God, as pertains to scripture. What God has not revealed in His Holy Spirit inspired Word as to His prophecy and counsel goes outside of what God has intended for us to know.

The Holy Spirit will only teach you the season however, not the day or hour. If we Knew the day or hour we would not need to watch. So while I believe the Rapture will be this year, I am still watching for it. As I said, you need to let the Holy Spirit convince you
Just trying to clarify your meaning
Are you saying that by "season" He meant we could know "the year", since He only says we can't know the 'day' or the 'hour' but doesn't say we can't know the year?
Maybe I am misunderstanding.

No debate here. I believe The Spirit reveals even the Deep things of God, as pertains to scripture. What God has not revealed in His Holy Spirit inspired Word as to His prophecy and counsel goes outside of what God has intended for us to know.
Oh but God has revealed prophecy in his Word which the Holy Spirit helps us to understand. If we are not to know, why are we to watch? I asked this question before and no one has answered it. The Bible tells us what to watch for so we know when it is about to happen.

Also this passage below does not restrict all things to just what is in the Bible.

I any case, I am tired of explaining and then reexplaining my point. Whoever does not get it by now, I guess is not meant to which is fine. 😊

Just trying to clarify your meaning
Are you saying that by "season" He meant we could know "the year", since He only says we can't know the 'day' or the 'hour' but doesn't say we can't know the year?
Maybe I am misunderstanding.
Yes that is exactly what I am saying. The Holy Spirit has shown me many times that the word choices in the Bible are specific for a reason. The Bible could have just said no one knows when the Rapture will happen, but it specified the day or hour. One can assume that the meaning is the same, but I don't.

Does that answer your question? 🤔

Many believe that when Jesus gave the idium of the Fig Tree that it's reference is to Israel.
Has it ever occurred to anyone that it's possible Jesus used the Fig Tree as an idium because The Fig Tree was a common Tree in Israel and pointed out the example of how someone can tell the Season by it's sprouting leaves that Summer is near?
In the same manner by the signs Jesus gave indicating He is near for His coming again we can observe them and know we are in the Season of His return?
Just as Jesus used the Fig Tree as an idium when He cursed it depicting the fruitless acts of the religious leaders.
This has occurred to me that maybe Jesus just used the Fig Tree to give an analogy rather than meaning it to refer to Israel's rebirth as beginning of the last days, though we know Israel is why Jesus returns in His second coming and is why Israel is the focus of His return, but His appearing to catch us away in the Rapture is signless so all we have is the signs of Jacob's Trouble to go by.
I tend to think that the last days began with the early church, though the nearer to His coming the more intense and frequent the signs

Matthew 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

If we can't know the season, then what are we watching for? What would be the purpose?
Since you asked in your most recent post about what are we to watch for, I will answer what Matthew 24:36 is referring to. I believe that Matthew 24 was written for the Jews for their times during the tribulation, and that it was not written for the church. The church will be gone before the events take place in Matthew 24. The church will not be watching in theses passages, but the jews and those who go through the tribulation will be.

Many believe that when Jesus gave the idium of the Fig Tree that it's reference is to Israel.
Has it ever occurred to anyone that it's possible Jesus used the Fig Tree as an idium because The Fig Tree was a common Tree in Israel and pointed out the example of how someone can tell the Season by it's sprouting leaves that Summer is near?
In the same manner by the signs Jesus gave indicating He is near for His coming again we can observe them and know we are in the Season of His return?
Just as Jesus used the Fig Tree as an idium when He cursed it depicting the fruitless acts of the religious leaders.
This has occurred to me that maybe Jesus just used the Fig Tree to give an analogy rather than meaning it to refer to Israel's rebirth as beginning of the last days, though we know Israel is why Jesus returns in His second coming and is why Israel is the focus of His return, but His appearing to catch us away in the Rapture is signless so all we have is the signs of Jacob's Trouble to go by.
I tend to think that the last days began with the early church, though the nearer to His coming the more intense and frequent the signs
I believe Arnold Fruchtenbaum agrees with you, and the fig tree in Matthew does not represent the rebirth of Israel.

Since you asked in your most recent post about what are we to watch for, I will answer what Matthew 24:36 is referring to. I believe that Matthew 24 was written for the Jews for their times during the tribulation, and that it was not written for the church. The church will be gone before the events take place in Matthew 24. The church will not be watching in theses passages, but the jews and those who go through the tribulation will be.
Thanks for the answer, but I was not referring to Matthew 24, but of 1 Thessalonians 5:6.

1 Thessalonians 5:4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
1 Thessalonians 5:5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
1 Thessalonians 5:6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.
1 Thessalonians 5:7 For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.
1 Thessalonians 5:8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.
1 Thessalonians 5:9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,
1 Thessalonians 5:10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.
1 Thessalonians 5:11 Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.

Now I will get off of this merry go round. 😊

Hello! I tend to think that it can be both, a double meaning. A reference to Israel and the second meaning too. In the OT passages Joel 1:7, Hosea 9:10 the fig tree and fruit on the fig tree are used in reference to Israel. It reminds me of the passage 'Out of Egypt I called my Son' (Hosea 11:1) which is a reference to the Exodus and also to Joseph, Mary and Jesus returning to Israel from Egypt when Herod died. Another double reference. God Bless :)

I met Dr. Arnold about 6 months ago. He came to my church. I didn't know my little church thought so highly of him. Very nice man. This kind of thing would have been a great question to ask him.

My church background is the reformed camp. Although Macarthur is pseudo referomed (called a leaky dispensationalist) he too would say the fig tree in Matt is not a rebirth of Israel. And sees it simply as metaphor for experience all of the season of tribulation and birthpangs in one generation.

The way I look at it is kind of reverse engineering of sorts. I see in Luke it says "and all the trees." Which in a way could just be a generality or it could offset the fig tree. Does Jesus make use of a fig tree to represent Israel? Because if He did not we would have even less to go on. But he does. In Matt and Mark its the cursing of the fruitless fig tree. Macarthur agrees that is about Israel. In Luke 13, its about about chopping it down if it bears no fruit. On that one Macarthur sees it as general for all believers at that time. Which would be consistent with his reformed Lordship Salvation view. But in that view Jmacs view would be more along the line of Jesus not coming to give Israel the kingdom but to establish salvation for all. And although the latter is true, the focus was Jesus ministry was to Israel. And they did get cut down for not bearing fruit (70 AD). So I'd say the fig tree in each of the gospels (not sure why not John) is represented as Isreal.

In general, we have the tribulation because it is the 70th week for Isreal. So it would make complete natural sense for a fig tree (if possible) to be to that end. Which would be for Jews to have a heads-up being the reason a 70th week arrives. Had Israel received the Lord in the 1st century, would there be a 70th week? We know from Daniel they would reject Messiah based on a 70th week.

In Luke 21 its "and all the trees." This is where I would see a reverse engineering of sorts. Since it said all the trees does that omit Israel as a bellwether? I kind of think the reverse. The reason would be is there a reason to see how all the other trees might fit into a context with Israel that would be a sign of the tribulation age coming? What immediately comes to mind is Ez 38.

Ez 38 is the largest portion of prophecy on any one subject. And it gives massive intricate detail. We may not know its timing (some say before the trib, at the trib, midpoint, or at the end...even some say after the 1,000 year reign). It would seem it to be the time it can be assessed as taking shape looking like what Ez 38 shows in great detail. And as such it seems to serve to some degree as a master clock. Today we can indeed seeing it take shape. If Trump gets into office and Saudi normalization occurs...then far more. We shall see. But in that sense it would seem to be an exact bullseye of "all the trees." As they related to the fig.

The above would be pie in the sky thinking if Ez 38 were nowhere on the map. And prior to WW2 who could see it? But we do see it forming. And we can track it. And it just so happens Israel is back on the map with it being like that too. What is harder to say that the fig tree in Matt 24 = Israel or that Israel became a nation again after 2k years (never a thing like this in any other history). And that Ez 38 also we see forming before our very eyes too? Which is harder, that? Or that the fig tree in Matt might be representing Israel?

And in that way would I consider it backward engineering of sorts. If this is true, we have precident that how God uses Providence in our day is an hermeneutic of sorts. Pretty interesting to consider. Blessings.

No doubt The rebirth of Israel is prophetic and plays the most important part in the last days.
There's some prophecies fulfilled and yet to be fulfilled in the last days that are not mentioned in the Olivet Discourse.
What I said above was just for consideration not fact because differing opinions come from different Eschatology teachers.
My consideration was just a thought I had but I do hold to the Olivet Discourse addressing the Jewish people during the Tribulation.

Thanks for the answer, but I was not referring to Matthew 24, but of 1 Thessalonians 5:6.

1 Thessalonians 5:4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
1 Thessalonians 5:5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
1 Thessalonians 5:6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.
1 Thessalonians 5:7 For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.
1 Thessalonians 5:8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.
1 Thessalonians 5:9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,
1 Thessalonians 5:10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.
1 Thessalonians 5:11 Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.

Now I will get off of this merry go round. 😊
Good point Goodboy. I'd say one thing the world can watch for now is Ez 38 fulfilling. Blessings.

Good point Goodboy. I'd say one thing the world can watch for now is Ez 38 fulfilling. Blessings.

There are many ideas about when Eze 38-39 will happen. I personally believe we're seeing the pieces falling into place for that event to occur at some later date. The Bible doesn't tell us when it is going to happen, but there are enough details shared so that people can make educated guesses. Even so, those educated guesses are still all over the place. I for one believe it is a pre-Tribulation war, but not necessarily before the Rapture... more likely in the gap.

Back