What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Considering 2024 - Is The World Ripe For Rapture?

Sure a gap between the Rapture and the Tribulation is possible. S
Its not probable, its a fact. Whats not a fact is us knowing how long the gap is. As I said, it could be mere minutes, or much, much longer.

A debate could be made as to when the earliest signs of the tribulation began, but would likely be just speculation.

I dont understand your confusion of what I stated so I hope the above clarifies.

Its not probable, its a fact. Whats not a fact is us knowing how long the gap is. As I said, it could be mere minutes, or much, much longer.

A debate could be made as to when the earliest signs of the tribulation began, but would likely be just speculation.

I dont understand your confusion of what I stated so I hope the above clarifi
es.
I still don't get your point and the gap is not a fact. Where is your Bible verse that says there will be a gap between the Rapture and the Tribulation? :noidea:

I still don't get your point and the gap is not a fact. Where is your Bible verse that says there will be a gap between the Rapture and the Tribulation? :noidea:
I can only answer your question with another question. Where does the bible state the tribulation immediately follows the rapture? Since the bible does not, there has to be some sort of gap, but of a length unknown to us. We do know it's not the rapture that triggers the start of the tribulation, but the signing or affirming of the peace treaty starts the tribulation.

The antichrist will confirm a treaty kicking off the tribulation. Daniel 9:27

The lawless one can't be revealed until the Restrainer is removed. 2 Thessalonians 2:7-8.

Therefore, there is almost certainly a gap of some duration if our understanding of these verses is correct. The Bible doesn't directly state it, but I don't think it needs to.

I can only answer your question with another question. Where does the bible state the tribulation immediately follows the rapture? Since the bible does not, there has to be some sort of gap, but of a length unknown to us. We do know it's not the rapture that triggers the start of the tribulation, but the signing or affirming of the peace treaty starts the tribulation.
Let's not turn this into a gap argument as whether there is a gap or not does not change my point.

If you were driving from New York to Florida and used your GPS, your GPS could tell you what time you would arrive in Florida. So lets say your GPS said you would arrive in Florida at 4:00pm. Your son asks you what time you will arrive in Georgia. You reply that you don't know, but it will be before 4:00pm as Georgia comes before Florida.

The same is true with the Rapture. If we know when the Tribulation begins and we know the Rapture must happen before that. Then we know the latest time the Rapture will happen. The Gap theory just tells us the Rapture could happen sooner, but not later.

Tell me the flaw in my logic? :noidea:

The antichrist will confirm a treaty kicking off the tribulation. Daniel 9:27

The lawless one can't be revealed until the Restrainer is removed. 2 Thessalonians 2:7-8.

Therefore, there is almost certainly a gap of some duration if our understanding of these verses is correct. The Bible doesn't directly state it, but I don't think it needs to.
I could respond to what you have stated but there have been many threads about the gap theory and I don't want this to turn into that as it has nothing to do with this thread. The point of this thread is if there are any signs that tell us when the Rapture will happen. The answer being yes, as it is before the Tribulation which does have signs.

I could respond to what you have stated but there have been many threads about the gap theory and I don't want this to turn into that as it has nothing to do with this thread. The point of this thread is if there are any signs that tell us when the Rapture will happen. The answer being yes, as it is before the Tribulation which does have signs.
Yes, we all agree on that. But you did kind of take it down the gap road with some of your posts. It's always good to refer back to Scripture, which is what I briefly did. If there's a flaw in what I wrote, I'd like to know it, either in this thread or another.

In this thread I brought up the gap theory? 🤔 My memory is not the best, but when did I post that in this thread? :noidea:

Andy mentioned it just a few posts above. You challenged that point a bit, and then posted that the gap is not a fact (in bold). If it's not an important point to this discussion or is derailing the thread, why challenge it in the first place? Nothing wrong with doing so, but had you not chosen to challenge that statement we wouldn't have had the last several posts in this thread. So to then turn around and say you don't want the thread going in that direction seems a little odd. Again, nothing wrong or bad -- it's all good stuff to talk about about and conversations drift over time and a lot can be gained thereby.

Andy mentioned it just a few posts above. You challenged that point a bit, and then posted that the gap is not a fact (in bold). If it's not an important point to this discussion or is derailing the thread, why challenge it in the first place? Nothing wrong with doing so, but had you not chosen to challenge that statement we wouldn't have had the last several posts in this thread. So to then turn around and say you don't want the thread going in that direction seems a little odd. Again, nothing wrong or bad -- it's all good stuff to talk about about and conversations drift over time and a lot can be gained thereby.
IMO, its hard to talk about the speculation of timing of the rapture, and the start of the tribulation, without discussing what happens in between the two events. Could be one event immediately follows the other. Or, with the rapture creating global chaos, it may require a gap long enough for the Ten Kingdoms to form. Or, the rapture happens after the ten kingdoms form, and the treaty is signed right after the rapture, thus kicking off the tribulation. All we can really do is speculate, because the Bible is not clear on this, and even the best end times teachers are divided on what and when anything happens in regards to these two events.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the Rapture happens while the ink is still wet! What a sign to the world that would be. The AC gives power to the 10 kings or kingdoms, so he will actually dictate their temporary authority. I.e., I believe they will be in existence, but not with full authority or completed territorial plan. Rev. 17:12. They will be from a revived Roman Empire. Read Dan 7:7-8; 23-27.

IMO, its hard to talk about the speculation of timing of the rapture, and the start of the tribulation, without discussing what happens in between the two events. Could be one event immediately follows the other. Or, with the rapture creating global chaos, it may require a gap long enough for the Ten Kingdoms to form. Or, the rapture happens after the ten kingdoms form, and the treaty is signed right after the rapture, thus kicking off the tribulation. All we can really do is speculate, because the Bible is not clear on this, and even the best end times teachers are divided on what and when anything happens in regards to these two events.
While no definitive scripture says there's a gap, I believe the gap likelihood comes from assessing Ezekiel 38 and when that's likely to begin and ends during the Tribulation.

While no definitive scripture says there's a gap, I believe the gap likelihood comes from assessing Ezekiel 38 and when that's likely to begin and ends during the Tribulation.
I totally agree that it is related to the 7 years of burning and confiscating weapons in Ezek. and the timing of that war. But since Israel is not saved till the end of the trib when they see Jesus and mourn their sin the nation or what remains of it, could theoretically still be trying to cleanse their land; even amidst the cataclysm judgements against all sin and iniquities, both past and present. In other words, the nation is still clamoring to rebuild.

The same is true with the Rapture. If we know when the Tribulation begins and we know the Rapture must happen before that. Then we know the latest time the Rapture will happen. The Gap theory just tells us the Rapture could happen sooner, but not later.

We don't know when Tribulation begins. We know what happens to begin it but we don't know when that event will occur. Additionally, the Church will be gone from earth when that Tribulation starting event does occur. You know all that, but I posted this because whatever you're trying to establish is confusing to me.

We don't know when Tribulation begins. We know what happens to begin it but we don't know when that event will occur. Additionally, the Church will be gone from earth when that Tribulation starting even does occur. You know all that, but I posted this because whatever you're trying to establish is confusing to me.
Never mind... Everyone just feel free to believe whatever you want. 😊
I am too tired to try to convince anyone of anything at the moment.

Let's not turn this into a gap argument as whether there is a gap or not does not change my point.

If you were driving from New York to Florida and used your GPS, your GPS could tell you what time you would arrive in Florida. So lets say your GPS said you would arrive in Florida at 4:00pm. Your son asks you what time you will arrive in Georgia. You reply that you don't know, but it will be before 4:00pm as Georgia comes before Florida.

Tell me the flaw in my logic? :noidea:
Yeah it is because your GPS could redirect you the longer route and make the estimated time longer LOL

Back