What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Considering 2024 - Is The World Ripe For Rapture?

Jesus gave the signs that would mark His second coming. We who hold to the Pre Tribulation Rapture know there are no signs for our being caught up to meet The Lord in the air, but the signs for the coming Tribulation are definitely evident they are here.
Jesus analogy of a Pregnant woman beginning birth pains is understood how birth pains happen with increased intensity and frequency.
In pregnancy even when the birth pains get severe, it's understood that the time for delivery is getting much closer, but those severe birth pains can still continue until it's time.
We know that the time is very near for the Rapture and the Tribulation. So we watch and are prepared and ready for the appearing of our Lord Jesus.
I know everyone here knows this, but I guess what I am getting at is that we all guard ourselves from looking to a day or a month or a year or a specific world event as that time, so as not to find ourselves disappointed should those times that we are hoping for to be "The Time' should come and pass by and our hope we had set to doesn't happen.
We are assured by The Lord that The Hope for the coming of The Lord to take us where He has prepared a place for us to take us to be with Him forever WILL happen and Jesus repeatedly said to be ready, and that's what we do, be ready.
Setting our hope on a time that The Lord didn't give to us can lead to anxiety and disappointment if it doesn't turn out as we expected.
But we hold fast to God's promises that are in Christ Jesus because they Are Yes and Amen. God is not man that He should lie, but everything He says is Done.
Every day we should pray for Jesus to come for us, but we also need to pray for those who are still unsaved and be obedient to Jesus commands to occupy until He comes, and share the gospel to bring His sheep into the sheepfold.
I say this to encourage not to discourage.
When we see Jesus, may we hear Him say
Well done good and faithful servant.

Jesus gave the signs that would mark His second coming. We who hold to the Pre Tribulation Rapture know there are no signs for our being caught up to meet The Lord in the air, but the signs for the coming Tribulation are definitely evident they are here.
Jesus analogy of a Pregnant woman beginning birth pains is understood how birth pains happen with increased intensity and frequency.
In pregnancy even when the birth pains get severe, it's understood that the time for delivery is getting much closer, but those severe birth pains can still continue until it's time.
We know that the time is very near for the Rapture and the Tribulation. So we watch and are prepared and ready for the appearing of our Lord Jesus.
I know everyone here knows this, but I guess what I am getting at is that we all guard ourselves from looking to a day or a month or a year or a specific world event as that time, so as not to find ourselves disappointed should those times that we are hoping for to be "The Time' should come and pass by and our hope we had set to doesn't happen.
We are assured by The Lord that The Hope for the coming of The Lord to take us where He has prepared a place for us to take us to be with Him forever WILL happen and Jesus repeatedly said to be ready, and that's what we do, be ready.
Setting our hope on a time that The Lord didn't give to us can lead to anxiety and disappointment if it doesn't turn out as we expected.
But we hold fast to God's promises that are in Christ Jesus because they Are Yes and Amen. God is not man that He should lie, but everything He says is Done.
Every day we should pray for Jesus to come for us, but we also need to pray for those who are still unsaved and be obedient to Jesus commands to occupy until He comes, and share the gospel to bring His sheep into the sheepfold.
I say this to encourage not to discourage.
When we see Jesus, may we hear Him say
Well done good and faithful servant.
I hear you but the Bible tells us to watch which is just what I am doing. If any one says to watch for a day or hour we know they are wrong as the Bible says no one knows the day or hour. The Bible could have said no one knows when rather than being so specific with the day or hour. If we can't know the season, then what are we watching for? What would be the purpose?

As I stated in what I wrote, I clearly said that some should disregard what I think if they will be very disappointed if I am wrong. However as I have stated there are some that desperately need the hope whether it happens this year or not just to get though the day without despair. I am not forcing anyone to believe me, I have just stated what I believe. Everyone should believe what they do based on what the Bible says and what they feel in their spirit. You know, free will and all. 😊

I hear you but the Bible tells us to watch which is just what I am doing. If any one says to watch for a day or hour we know they are wrong as the Bible says no one knows the day or hour. The Bible could have said no one knows when rather than being so specific with the day or hour. If we can't know the season, then what are we watching for? What would be the purpose?

As I stated in what I wrote, I clearly said that some should disregard what I think if they will be very disappointed if I am wrong. However as I have stated there are some that desperately need the hope whether it happens this year or not just to get though the day without despair. I am not forcing anyone to believe me, I have just stated what I believe. Everyone should believe what they do based on what the Bible says and what they feel in their spirit. You know, free will and all. 😊
I'm looking at the overall concept of how anyone looks at it. Some may not set hopes on 2024, but others may, and is why I said what I did. Not pointing to you or anyone in particular, but some who may place their hopes in 2024 being the year for the Rapture.

I'm looking at the overall concept of how anyone looks at it. Some may not set hopes on 2024, but others may, and is why I said what I did. Not pointing to you or anyone in particular, but some who may place their hopes in 2024 being the year for the Rapture.
Long ago I quit trying to guess the timing, but Im led to believe we are in the season.

I hope it’s today, but I also make plans for long term.

To be clear, the Rapture could happen in 2024, it could happen today.
It can happen at any time, but while we look to the appearing of our God and Savior Jesus
We cannot let ourselves grow weary if somebody thinks the Rapture is possibly at a specific time and it doesn't happen.
The early church waited with great anticipation that The Lord would appear in their lifetime, and here we are, but we still wait believing that Jesus is coming and all the more now as we have seen the convergence of the signs He gave coming to life before us. Maranatha, even so Come Lord Jesus.

If any one says to watch for a specific day or hour we know they are wrong as the Bible says no one knows the day or hour. The Bible could have said no one knows when rather than being so specific with the day or hour.

Matthew 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

If we can't know the season, then what are we watching for? What would be the purpose?

1 Thessalonians 5:4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
1 Thessalonians5:5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
1 Thessalonians 5:6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

This is an honest question? What would be the purpose of watching if we don't learn anything from it?

God Bless! 😊

If any one says to watch for a specific day or hour we know they are wrong as the Bible says no one knows the day or hour. The Bible could have said no one knows when rather than being so specific with the day or hour.

Matthew 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

If we can't know the season, then what are we watching for? What would be the purpose?

1 Thessalonians 5:4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
1 Thessalonians5:5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
1 Thessalonians 5:6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

This is an honest question? What would be the purpose of watching if we don't learn anything from it?

God Bless! 😊
I am in agreement with you. We KNOW we Are in the Season. We Are to watch and be ready at all times. I yearn for Jesus to come for us every day, but I know it's not about me, so I hold to the Blessed Hope and know that when God's timing comes, The Father Will tell Jesus to go get His Bride 🥰

I am in agreement with you. We KNOW we Are in the Season. We Are to watch and be ready at all times. I yearn for Jesus to come for us every day, but I know it's not about me, so I hold to the Blessed Hope and know that when God's timing comes, The Father Will tell Jesus to go get His Bride 🥰
Again, I hear what you are saying but here is my problem. :noidea:

The Bible tells us to watch, so that we know when the season is. If we are in the season, how long is the season? If the season has no specific length, how is it helpful to know when the season is? We would know nothing more than we did before we watched?

When we watch a pregnancy we watch based on how often the birth pains come to generally know how soon the baby will be born. So by watching the birth pains, it give us information about when the baby will be born. I believe the same is true of the Tribulation signs we are currently seeing and we know the Rapture happens first.

Something to think about anyway. 🤔

Again, I hear what you are saying but here is my problem. :noidea:

The Bible tells us to watch, so that we know when the season is. If we are in the season, how long is the season? If the season has no specific length, how is it helpful to know when the season is? We would know nothing more than we did before we watched?

When we watch a pregnancy we watch based on how often the birth pains come to generally know how soon the baby will be born. So by watching the birth pains, it give us information about when the baby will be born. I believe the same is true of the Tribulation signs we are currently seeing and we know the Rapture happens first.

Something to think about anyway. 🤔
Once again I agree. Nothing you have said isn't outside of scripture.
I think my point has been missed but I suppose I am not good at wording what I am trying to say.
I 💯 % agree with you in your explanation.
I guess I will leave it at that 🥰

Once again I agree. Nothing you have said isn't outside of scripture.
I think my point has been missed but I suppose I am not good at wording what I am trying to say.
I 💯 % agree with you in your explanation.
I guess I will leave it at that
🥰
Yes, I was about to say we should leave it at that also. 👍

However I do understand your point
as many, many Christians have been disappointed many, many times by those crying wolf so to speak by setting dates and times when the Rapture would occur. I get that, as I was a victim of that myself a few times.

The point I am making is while most would rather not be disappointment by a false times of when the Rapture will happen, there are some in the minority like me that would rather hope it would be this year even if it isn't. We just need the hope to not be depressed on daily basis because of our circumstances.

Now again I say, my circumstances is not what is causing me to believe the Rapture is this year, as I have been in my circumstances for the last three years. For me what is currently happening now combined with what I feel in my spirit makes me believe as I do and post it here.

I guess it is only for those who really need to cling to the hope of the soon Rapture right now. Others should just ignore what I have said.

God Bless! 😍

Yes, I was about to say we should leave it at that also. 👍

However I do understand your point as many, many Christians have been disappointed many, many times by those crying wolf so to speak by setting dates and times when the Rapture would occur. I get that, as I was a victim of that myself a few times.

The point I am making is while most would rather not be disappointment by a false times of when the Rapture will happen, there are some in the minority like me that would rather hope it would be this year even if it isn't. We just need the hope to not be depressed on daily basis because of our circumstances.

Now again I say, my circumstances is not what is causing me to believe the Rapture is this year, as I have been in my circumstances for the last three years. For me what is currently happening now combined with what I feel in my spirit makes me believe as I do and post it here.

I guess it is only for those who really need to cling to the hope of the soon Rapture right now. Others should just ignore what I have said.

God Bless! 😍
And I hope it's today every day ☺️. When we hope, it shows our love for Jesus coming, and God will not disappoint us. We all love to look for Jesus appearing, we get a reward for it. Like Paul tells us

Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.
Romans 5:5

Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing.
2 Timothy 4:8

And I hope it's today every day ☺️. When we hope, it shows our love for Jesus coming, and God will not disappoint us. We all love to look for Jesus appearing, we get a reward for it. Like Paul tells us
I also hope its soon, real soon.

It would be nice to have clear signs of the rapture, but IMO, its a signless event, the Doctrine of Imminence. However, as we learn from the Olivet Discourse, there are numerous signs for the times of the tribulation, and especially signs for His return at the end of the Tribulation.

It would be nice to have clear signs of the rapture, but IMO, its a signless event, the Doctrine of Imminence. However, as we learn from the Olivet Discourse, there are numerous signs for the times of the tribulation, and especially signs for His return at the end of the Tribulation.
Not saying this is actually so, but sometimes I think that while the Rapture is signless, somehow I feel like when the time comes we will know, by The Holy Spirit letting us know the time has come, even before we hear the Trumpet sound and the Archangel shouts, but definitely we will know when we see the dead in Christ rise from the dead, so that we who are still alive will be caught up together with them.

but definitely we will know when we see the dead in Christ rise from the dead, so that we who are still alive will be caught up together with them.
Perhaps, but to me the scripture reads all those raptured, to include the dead first will all take place faster than twinkling of the eye.

1 Corinthians 15
51 Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed— 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

1 Thessalonians 4
16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.

Every person that sets a date for the Rapture which doesn't come true, is a false prophet in my book.
Never to be trusted again.
Some of those date-setters wised up and nowadays euphemistically call it High Watch Dates.
But it's the same spiel. Only without having to apologise afterwards.
Onwards and upwards (no pun) to a new High Watch Date...
Well if my high watch time, the first seal, is off and we still here I'll probably be left off the hook considering. lol. Could not resist. I love you dear sister. Well that's been my strange twist on potential timing. But you make a really great point. Its socially acceptable now to have endless watch dates and make every video "important" because it could be correct. Almost like borrowing the rapture for marketing sake. I don't think they mean it like that. They just excited and not as conscientious. I do believe there are times perhaps to learn some nuances about things when we consider what certain periods in time might mean in the greater puzzle. Not as a rapture timing, but as something to consider in general eschatological significance. Those I feel might at times even teach us something about a sense of His charector toward us today. But I understand your concern with those who hype it. Amen. That is good too that Goodboy is not into the date setting scene. I'll check the video out though Goodboy. Thanks :)

* Warning, Warning Will Robinson *

Ok, I guess I am showing my age. LOL! 😂

This video was posted on another Christian Forum by someone. I know absolutely nothing about this guy, but for some reason I was led to watch his whole video. I almost never, ever watch a long video of someone I don't already trust, but I watched the whole thing. I was constantly looking for anything he stated that was not biblical, but could not fine it. I actually agree with what he stated as fact and the possibility of what he thinks might happen. In any case, I thought I would share it and get your thoughts.

Hi Goodboy. I watched about 6/10th of video. I for one am always open to considerations. I like that people like this video look into things. I mean reminding ourselves of the blessed hope in a flower, a smile, a word spoken, a memory, an event, whatever...it seasons the day I think. Amen. So thanks Goodboy. I was edified. Amen.

As for the video itself well much of the framework he uses I would agree with. 7 years does make more sense than 9 but 10 even more...ok so wont go there...lol. That would put us into 2027. Here is the kicker though...what if "you will see him return as He left" is for the church? I think it is. So we will see Him in the clouds. What if that is the entrance point of the second coming. Then...you have a 2030-2034 ish rapture window. I know...who let this guy into the building. This would likely matter if the age of grace brackets are age of grace brackets. Christ leaves / age of grace / Christ gets His saints -- tribulation. So in that sense is there any argument that Christ cannot come back in His literal full coming to set up the kingdom around 2040?

My general take is that I believe the rapture would occur during the first seal which no one would share. But if the first seal is as I think it might be that could be anywhere from now to 2028 ish. I like the 2026 option though. And Id like to make a reservation for the 26th please if I might. Although 2025 makes it 8 years. A very very very "hot" number.

Some really different views though for me would be Babylon the Great gets destroyed at the 7th bowl which is at the very end of the tribulation. I would not think America getting raptured is the reason for Ez 38 giving Russia power. Because I believe God will give a heads-up to Israel prior to Ez 38. And Israel is not at peace and safety.

Ok so here is one interesting contrast I would note with the video brother (and again I really enjoyed it and love that we can ponder and consider and I am blessed for your having shared it amen). On one hand we are thinking America could rapture and Israel get Ez 38-ed. But where does their peace and safety come from? If America is gone I would give 0 chance for peace and safety in israel. But there is a lot of peace and safety focus on UN stuff. To me, and this is not really a preference but just an observation of our age in general, but to me the peace and safety belongs to the gentile world while it does not seem to factor well in good sense with Israel (like America getting raptured giving Russia a chance to attack). Unless I missed something. Like what would be the peace and safety for Isreal if America is out of the picture? I don't recall that from the video. Maybe there is and i just missed it.

But in any case I see this as God's grace to the gentile world giving the gentile world a heads up with peace and safety montra. But I don't think that is for us. I think sudden distrcution is for Israel Ez 38 welcome to the tribulation jungle. So I think the church is a little possessive of peace and safety. And that it really is talking about Israel. That is my story and i'm sticking to it. You know where that is from :).

Thanks for sharing the video with us. Beautiful reminders about the blessed hope. So wonderful to see the hearts of saints really excited about it and talking about it and considering. Thanks again. Blessings.

Hi Goodboy. I watched about 6/10th of video. I for one am always open to considerations. I like that people like this video look into things. I mean reminding ourselves of the blessed hope in a flower, a smile, a word spoken, a memory, an event, whatever...it seasons the day I think. Amen. So thanks Goodboy. I was edified. Amen.

As for the video itself well much of the framework he uses I would agree with. 7 years does make more sense than 9 but 10 even more...ok so wont go there...lol. That would put us into 2027. Here is the kicker though...what if "you will see him return as He left" is for the church? I think it is. So we will see Him in the clouds. What if that is the entrance point of the second coming. Then...you have a 2030-2034 ish rapture window. I know...who let this guy into the building. This would likely matter if the age of grace brackets are age of grace brackets. Christ leaves / age of grace / Christ gets His saints -- tribulation. So in that sense is there any argument that Christ cannot come back in His literal full coming to set up the kingdom around 2040?

My general take is that I believe the rapture would occur during the first seal which no one would share. But if the first seal is as I think it might be that could be anywhere from now to 2028 ish. I like the 2026 option though. And Id like to make a reservation for the 26th please if I might. Although 2025 makes it 8 years. A very very very "hot" number.

Some really different views though for me would be Babylon the Great gets destroyed at the 7th bowl which is at the very end of the tribulation. I would not think America getting raptured is the reason for Ez 38 giving Russia power. Because I believe God will give a heads-up to Israel prior to Ez 38. And Israel is not at peace and safety.

Ok so here is one interesting contrast I would note with the video brother (and again I really enjoyed it and love that we can ponder and consider and I am blessed for your having shared it amen). On one hand we are thinking America could rapture and Israel get Ez 38-ed. But where does their peace and safety come from? If America is gone I would give 0 chance for peace and safety in israel. But there is a lot of peace and safety focus on UN stuff. To me, and this is not really a preference but just an observation of our age in general, but to me the peace and safety belongs to the gentile world while it does not seem to factor well in good sense with Israel (like America getting raptured giving Russia a chance to attack). Unless I missed something. Like what would be the peace and safety for Isreal if America is out of the picture? I don't recall that from the video. Maybe there is and i just missed it.

But in any case I see this as God's grace to the gentile world giving the gentile world a heads up with peace and safety montra. But I don't think that is for us. I think sudden distrcution is for Israel Ez 38 welcome to the tribulation jungle. So I think the church is a little possessive of peace and safety. And that it really is talking about Israel. That is my story and i'm sticking to it. You know where that is from :).

Thanks for sharing the video with us. Beautiful reminders about the blessed hope. So wonderful to see the hearts of saints really excited about it and talking about it and considering. Thanks again. Blessings.
This is just my personal opinion but 2026 does seem like a hot possibility, Cheeky, Amethyst amd myself as well like that millenial view theory where a different age sorta happens at 2000 year intervals and that 2033 ad would be the 2000 year mark from Christ death.

If you go back 7 years from that it lands on 2026 as a posssible rapture candidate.

Overall, imminency is the doctrine to go by as God could just laugh at me and go your not even close boy🤣🤣🤣🤣

I am somewhat confused. 🤔

I am pretty sure that you believe that the Rapture will happen before the Tribulation. You correctly state that there are many signs for the Tribulation. So if we see signs for the Tribulation won't that also give us signs for the Rapture which happens before it? So while there are no signs that have to happen before the Rapture, the Rapture has to happen before the signs of the Tribulation correct?

What am I missing? :noidea:

I am somewhat confused. 🤔

I am pretty sure that you believe that the Rapture will happen before the Tribulation. You correctly state that there are many signs for the Tribulation. So if we see signs for the Tribulation won't that also give us signs for the Rapture which happens before it? So while there are no signs that have to happen before the Rapture, the Rapture has to happen before the signs of the Tribulation correct?

What am I missing? :noidea:
Yes, the closer the signs are for the tribulation, that has to mean the rapture is that much closer. Since we dont know the timeframe between the rapture, and the start of the tribulation, its hard to predict even a close timeframe for the rapture. The “gap” could be mere minutes, or years, its an unknown since the 2 dates are not connected other than the rapture has to happen first.

Yes, the closer the signs are for the tribulation, that has to mean the rapture is that much closer. Since we dont know the timeframe between the rapture, and the start of the tribulation, its hard to predict even a close timeframe for the rapture. The “gap” could be mere minutes, or years, its an unknown since the 2 dates are not connected other than the rapture has to happen first.
I am still confused. Sure a gap between the Rapture and the Tribulation is possible. So let's just say that Rapture could have happened 24 years ago in 2000 but it didn't. However if we see signs that the Tribulation is about to start let's say in 2025, that would mean the Rapture would have to happen not later than 2025 correct? :noidea:

Back