What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

US President Joe Biden withdraws from presidential race

This comes amid weeks of speculation and pressure by the Democratic Party.
US President Joe Biden announced to a post on X that he will be exiting the race for president.

This comes amid weeks of speculation of Biden's health and increasing pressure from Democrats.

In the statement to X, published on Sunday, he said, "I believe it is in the best interest of my party and the country for me to stand down and to focus solely on fulfilling my duties as President for the remainder of my term."

Hillary has a lot of health issues and baggage
Will never forget that video of her (I think it was at the DNC where she ran - not sure) All those balloons came down from the ceiling and she got “stuck”…she was literally standing there frozen with her mouth wide open with this surprised look on her face. Like how a three year old would react to balloons. A zombie three year old. It was so very strange. I think she has a neurological condition and the balloons triggered something.

Pray for all our past, present, and future leaders and candidates
Pray that our political process is free, open, and fair, and remains orderly and peaceful
Pray for our country

:pray: :pray: :amen: :amen: :thankyou: :thankyou:

14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14, KJV

12 Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance.
Psalm 33:12, KJV

1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
1 Timothy 2:1-3,KJV

I have some questions.

If Biden didn't resign, then he is still the President. All the news reports are saying Harris needs to name her vice president. Yet she has not been elected as the nominee. How can she have any authority to select a vice president?

What makes Biden think that his word alone selects the nominee? He can endorse a nominee. But he has no power to say who will be the nominee.

They have to be elected by convention. Until that happens, we have no way of knowing who the nominee will be. And Harris has no authority to be selecting a 'vice president' at this time.

Even if Biden resigns, that doesn't mean Harris is the nominee on his word.

Some serious legal wrangling needs to take place. I hope Republicans are up to it.

From the Democrats, you are going to see a real 'dog and pony show'.

My opinion

Quantrill

Related:

House speaker Mike Johnson reacts to President Biden dropping out of presidential race

ROCHESTER, Minn. (KTTC) – U.S House Speaker Mike Johnson reacted Sunday to the news that President Joe Biden is dropping out the 2024 presidential race.

Johnson’s statement is below:

“At this unprecedented juncture in American history, we must be clear about what just happened. The Democrat Party forced the Democrat nominee off the ballot, just over 100 days before the election.

“Having invalidated the votes of more than 14 million Americans who selected Joe Biden to be the Democrat nominee for president, the self-proclaimed ‘party of democracy’ has proven exactly the opposite.

“The party’s prospects are no better now with Vice President Kamala Harris, who co-owns the disastrous policy failures of the Biden Administration. As second in command and a completely inept border czar, Harris has been a gleeful accomplice — not only in the destruction of American sovereignty, security, and prosperity, but also in the largest political coverup in U.S. history. She has known for as long as anyone of his incapacity to serve.

Read more:

If Biden doesn't finish the rest of this term and Kamala moves to the POTUS position, Mike Johnson as Speaker of The House would be the Vice President by order of succession.
Hmmm 🤔

If Biden doesn't finish the rest of this term and Kamala moves to the POTUS position, Mike Johnson as Speaker of The House would be the Vice President by order of succession.
Hmmm 🤔

That is a good point.

More popcorn.

Quantrill

Hmmm 🤔

Oh wow. We would be seeing “Weekend at Bernie’s” then. They would never let that happen

Both Pelosi and Obama said that Biden was “one of the most consequential presidents” in American history. Who is writing this script? Soros?
And “consequential” is a very good word alright. We have had some consequences for sure.

Hmmm 🤔

If Vice President Harris becomes President, not Acting President, she has a duty to nominate a new Vice President, who has to be approved by majority vote of both House and Senate. Until then, the office of Vice President is vacant. If, before a new Vice President is approved and sworn in, then-President Harris dies, resigns, or is removed from office, then the order of succession for President goes to Speaker of the House. The Speaker of the House does not become Vice President when/if a vacancy occurs in the Vice President office.

Amendment XXV

Section 1.

In case of the removal of the President from office or of his death or resignation, the Vice President shall become President.

Section 2.

Whenever there is a vacancy in the office of the Vice President, the President shall nominate a Vice President who shall take office upon confirmation by a majority vote of both Houses of Congress.

I don't see Kamala Harris beating Trump in the election she is not liked with the people. The Dem's would only vote for her to keep Trump from winning, not because they think she would be a good President. She has been a terrible V.P. didn't do her Border Czar job, and she isn't a good speaker. She makes no sense, and is not serious enough.

Hmmm 🤔

No. This is only Presidential succession. The Vice President is next in line to be President, but the order of succession for the Presidency doesn't apply to the Vice Presidency.

Will never forget that video of her (I think it was at the DNC where she ran - not sure) All those balloons came down from the ceiling and she got “stuck”…she was literally standing there frozen with her mouth wide open with this surprised look on her face. Like how a three year old would react to balloons. A zombie three year old. It was so very strange. I think she has a neurological condition and the balloons triggered something.
Probably gave her PTSD of her Illuminati initiation ceremony

I don't see Kamala Harris beating Trump in the election she is not liked with the people. The Dem's would only vote for her to keep Trump from winning, not because they think she would be a good President. She has been a terrible V.P. didn't do her Border Czar job, and she isn't a good speaker. She makes no sense, and is not serious enough.
Should be good watching for the debates, Trump will run laps around her

Around here (extremely liberal (and active) politically and social-issues, a lot of people like Vice President Harris. Her stand against hamas rapes, etc. got her a lot of support, and also what she said about the border before she was shut down and her comments scrubbed because they weren't in accordance with the DFL script/undermined President Biden.

Even if it meant voting for President Trump, there are a lot of Democrat-Farmer-Labor and liberal Republicans here, who weren't going to vote for a Biden-Harris ticket because of President Biden's cognitive issues, but who will vote for a Harris-right person ticket. President Biden removing himself from the race helped whoever the DFL selects for the President-Vice President ticket immensely (here). Minnesota isn't alone in this.

Sen. Joe Manchin (I-WV), who I forgot left the Democratic Party earlier this month, is considering rejoining the party to run for the nomination. Joe Biden decided to drop out today, sending Democrats into a tailspin. He threw his support behind the equally unpopular Kamala Harris. She’ll likely be the party’s nominee as Democrats head for an open convention in August, but California Gov. Gavin Newsom’s people are tossing out polling memos.
I don’t see Manchin or Newsom being serious about this effort because this truly is a sinking ship. Still, the West Virginia Senator, who isn’t running for re-election, might run as an issues candidate:

Back