What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

US President Joe Biden withdraws from presidential race

This comes amid weeks of speculation and pressure by the Democratic Party.
US President Joe Biden announced to a post on X that he will be exiting the race for president.

This comes amid weeks of speculation of Biden's health and increasing pressure from Democrats.

In the statement to X, published on Sunday, he said, "I believe it is in the best interest of my party and the country for me to stand down and to focus solely on fulfilling my duties as President for the remainder of my term."

Related:

House speaker Mike Johnson reacts to President Biden dropping out of presidential race

ROCHESTER, Minn. (KTTC) – U.S House Speaker Mike Johnson reacted Sunday to the news that President Joe Biden is dropping out the 2024 presidential race.

Johnson’s statement is below:

“At this unprecedented juncture in American history, we must be clear about what just happened. The Democrat Party forced the Democrat nominee off the ballot, just over 100 days before the election.

“Having invalidated the votes of more than 14 million Americans who selected Joe Biden to be the Democrat nominee for president, the self-proclaimed ‘party of democracy’ has proven exactly the opposite.

“The party’s prospects are no better now with Vice President Kamala Harris, who co-owns the disastrous policy failures of the Biden Administration. As second in command and a completely inept border czar, Harris has been a gleeful accomplice — not only in the destruction of American sovereignty, security, and prosperity, but also in the largest political coverup in U.S. history. She has known for as long as anyone of his incapacity to serve.

Read more:

President Trump Reacts to Joe Biden’s Withdrawal from Presidential Race

Former President Donald Trump wasted no time in criticizing Biden, portraying his departure as an admission of failure and deceit.

"Crooked Joe Biden was not fit to run for President, and is certainly not fit to serve - And never was! He only attained the position of President by lies, Fake News, and not leaving his Basement," Trump said.

"All those around him, including his Doctor and the Media, knew that he wasn’t capable of being President, and he wasn’t - And now, look what he’s done to our Country, with millions of people coming across our Border, totally unchecked and unvetted, many from prisons, mental institutions, and record numbers of terrorists. We will suffer greatly because of his presidency, but we will remedy the damage he has done very quickly. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!"

It could be a lot worse than Kamala as their candidate. By this I mean we will be dealing with incompetence, and not having to deal with the out and out evil of a Gavin Newsome or a Gretchen Whitmer. I wonder wh Kamala will name as her running mate?
Kamala is from California
She could easily pick Gavin Newsom as her VP pick and When she's taken out as POTUS for whatever reason, that puts Newsom in as President.
Just a guess...

I am not making a prediction but I do have an assumption that there will be talks behind the scenes with the major "elite" Dem and overseas puppeteers on whether Biden needs to resign from office to give Harris a chance to look/be presidential, bring in the rabid dog best VPOTUS choice, and have some MAJOR events take place to bring her fame and notoriety that gives her a chance on Election Day. Thoughts?

Finally, although I was hoping to watch a big brawl at the convention. However, if some want to oppose Harris, its game back on. Fun times watching the dems.

I've never watched a party convention, and don't ever plan to, but this demonrat one could get interesting. They only have a month to coalesce behind someone. In the desire for power I could imagine quite a few of them seeking the prize... This next month could be a hoot!

If Joe Biden is not fit to run for President, he is not fit to serve as President. He must resign the office immediately. November 5 cannot arrive soon enough.”
This is going to put heat on Biden to not resign. Forcing him to resign, or face Art 25, is the Dems second phase attack.

Stay tuned for the new CINC - That is the “Cackler in Chief”, Kamala Harris….

The Clinton's and Alex Soros already endorsed Kamala. Obama hasn't, I was wrong.

And the Trump team had an attack ad waiting in the wings. That's the funny part. Hopefully it'll play here.

Edit: I just signed out of X and now it won't play. I posted a new link later down in this thread.

I've never watched a party convention, and don't ever plan to, but this demonrat one could get interesting. They only have a month to coalesce behind someone. In the desire for power I could imagine quite a few of them seeking the prize... This next month could be a hoot!
I hardly watched any of the RNC, they are all boring. But, I agree, it could big a big ole fashioned donnybrook at the DNC.

Kamala is from California
She could easily pick Gavin Newsom as her VP pick and When she's taken out as POTUS for whatever reason, that puts Newsom in as President.
Just a guess...
Newsome has already said he wouldn't be VP to Harris... and who in their right mind would? They know she's got spaghetti for brains and was a DEI hire... Somehow I think the demonrats will do what they can to have someone else representing their party for president.

Presidential candidates generally don't nominate someone from his/her own state for Vice President. The idea being that the Presidential candidate will carry his or her own state, and the Vice Presidential candidate will carry his or her own state. Often, the pick is from a state that is "problematic" and has a lot of electoral college votes, and is from a different part of the country than the Presidential candidate.

My guess is someone from Texas, Florida, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Georgia, or Virginia. Minnesota would be a good pick, but only 10 votes.

Here's a link that shows the various states and how they will probably vote in November.

Well, as many here have said, it's going to be a very interesting time. In fact I agree with the person who said it'll be a hoot. And I'd sit back and enjoy it fully were it not for the fact that whoever wins will be the one that the-powers-that-be have decided should rule run this country.

Back