What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Millennial Day Theory

I am the party pooper who thinks we are nowhere near the rapture yet. You can all tell me "I told you so" on the way up. Erika is used to me posting positive things about the rapture being soon because I love the eagerness that many have and it is something we need to have at the forefront of our thinking, meeting our Beloved first and getting out of this wicked earth.

The 6 day 6000 year teaching is way before the church, we just inherited that. A Jew reading the Hebrew Bible sees each day as 1,000 years because that is the value of the Hebrew letters and the pictogram tells the story of the 7000 years in the first 7 words in Hebrew.

So when I say nowhere near, I mean that the rapture is a signed event - how did we not catch that on when the early church pre AD 200 wrote that they guessed the great trib would begin in AD 2025?

How can you have immanency when Peter had to reach old age? The apostles were confused for they thought John wouldn't die so Jesus had to return before John died.

Jesus told the disciples it is not for YOU to know the times set by the Father, but Jesus gives US a list of events so we know the time is fast approaching and Paul taught we are not in darkness that that day overtake us like a thief. There are 45 signs and events in Matt.24 so we know when the day of redemption is near.

We get lost in Jewish idioms and get them completely back to front. When western ears hear, No one knows the day or hour we think this is pointless to discuss because no one can know, but to Jewish ears it meant be on watch for the time is near. It had to do with the new moon appearing and no one knew which of two nights it would appear and then with cloud cover it made the hour impossible to predict.

To a Jew, when Jesus said, No one knows the day or hour, they would immediately think of the feast that has many names, for the feast or trumpets was also called the feast of the day and hour no one knows for this reason and there we find the 99 blasts followed by the last trump.

There are two things I look for to determine the nearness of the rapture...

1) After Jesus gave us the list of signs that must be in the BEGINNING phase and all coming together He added, BUT BEFORE ALL THESE THINGS we must make our final witness, God's final plea to the world that they will hate us for and put us in prisons and some will die.

While persecution is increasing, the trap is being prepared to catch very person who does not advocate for their planned wickedness. You know the surveillance system is almost ready.

2) Daniel said that 'In the days of the (10) kings the God of heaven will set up His kingdom". God is a God of small details and He didn't say in the days of the little horn of the beast or whatever, so I note that the man of lawlessness is not mentioned and he is the most important chess piece. Instead God tells us it is when the 10 kings arise that Jesus kingdom is set up and that imo happens at the rapture with the rapture being the start point for...

7And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, 8And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. 9And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

10And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. 11And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death. 12Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time. Rev.12

Maranatha!
Well, I agree with the final witness/God's final plea, brother. And with the feast of trumpets. But your conclusion from scripture that we are not near the time? I'm afraid not. I actually vthink the rapture is a lot closer than most people think...even those who hope it is close. And it is spurring me to do more than I have been doing. Which, of course, is God's desire for us and His purpose.

IOW, you think the MDTheory is bogus.
No! I said...
"The 6 day 6000 year teaching is way before the church, we just inherited that. A Jew reading the Hebrew Bible sees each day as 1,000 years because that is the value of the Hebrew letters and the pictogram tells the story of the 7000 years in the first 7 words in Hebrew.

So when I say nowhere near, I mean that the rapture is a signed event - how did we not catch that on when the early church pre AD 200 wrote that they guessed the great trib would begin in AD 2025?"

The early church agreed with the Jewish teaching of 6000 years and concluded we enter the GT in 2025.

When I say nowhere near, I meant that as I see it...

1)
2)
Read what I think needs to happen.

Well, I agree with the final witness/God's final plea, brother. And with the feast of trumpets. But your conclusion from scripture that we are not near the time? I'm afraid not. I actually vthink the rapture is a lot closer than most people think...even those who hope it is close. And it is spurring me to do more than I have been doing. Which, of course, is God's desire for us and His purpose.
If the nearness spurs you on that is great. What spurs me on is seeing all the signs and both warning the unbelievers that time is running out and what is coming is terrible as well as longing to be with Jesus more than anything. As Scripture says, some we save by compassion, some by fear in this very time...

17But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ; 18How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts. 19These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit. 20But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost, 21Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life. 22And of some have compassion, making a difference: 23And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh. Jude.

Obviously we have a calling for the lost, but I also have a concern that the Scriptures point to global persecution before all these signs, i.e. the signs for the day of redemption, and the western church is not prepared.

If I am correct, my concern is that many will think the pre-trib rapture was an error, that the tribulation has begun and some will have their faith shipwrecked.

Both of us agree that a feast date makes sense and trumpets looks the best candidate, and if you are correct that the rapture happens soon then that is great.

If I am correct, then I have prepared as many as possible to lose everything joyfully and for a few even their lives, but above all to make a bold witness and not to be surprised that the beast system does everything in its power to silence us.

2) Daniel said that 'In the days of the (10) kings the God of heaven will set up His kingdom". God is a God of small details and He didn't say in the days of the little horn of the beast or whatever, so I note that the man of lawlessness is not mentioned and he is the most important chess piece. Instead God tells us it is when the 10 kings arise that Jesus kingdom is set up and that imo happens at the rapture with the rapture being the start point for...
Some prophecy teachers tell us the ten kings are from geographic areas. What do you think?

Obviously we have a calling for the lost, but I also have a concern that the Scriptures point to global persecution before all these signs, i.e. the signs for the day of redemption, and the western church is not prepared.

If I am correct, my concern is that many will think the pre-trib rapture was an error, that the tribulation has begun and some will have their faith shipwrecked.

Both of us agree that a feast date makes sense and trumpets looks the best candidate, and if you are correct that the rapture happens soon then that is great.

If I am correct, then I have prepared as many as possible to lose everything joyfully and for a few even their lives, but above all to make a bold witness and not to be surprised that the beast system does everything in its power to silence us.

If the Church is Raptured just before or near to the time when Tribulation begins, the Church will still be here in a world that has become extremely anti-Christian and the Church will likely see serious persecution even where heretofore there hasn't been overmuch in western countries. That can come upon us very quickly however, so global persecution of Christianity and a Rapture that will be quite soon isn't mutually exclusive by my way of thinking. Change (for the worse) has been happening so quickly in the world that it has my head spinning.

Some prophecy teachers tell us the ten kings are from geographic areas. What do you think?
If the 10 kings are the EU then reaching an agreement isn't that big of deal.

If however we have a global currency then there will be enormous complication about the global cost of a Big Mac. Starting from scratch, everyone should earn the same for the same job regardless of where you are.

I think it will be 10 regions as per the Treaty of Rome and it will take as Lagarde said, out of this world genius to make it work... and an army and being able to cut off all finance to persuade three of the kings.

If the Church is Raptured just before or near to the time when Tribulation begins, the Church will still be here in a world that has become extremely anti-Christian and the Church will likely see serious persecution even where heretofore there hasn't been overmuch. That can come upon us very quickly however, so global persecution of Christianity and a Rapture that will be quite soon isn't mutually exclusive by my way of thinking. Change (for the worse) has been happening so quickly in the world that it has my head spinning.
Unfortunately I agree entirely. I think 2025 will be very challenging indeed.

Dan. Ch.2.
44And in the days of those (10) Kings, The God of Heaven shall raise up the Kingdom that is for eternity that shall not be destroyed, and the kingdom shall not be left to another people...

It is not in the days of the little horn, the man of sin, and apart from Jesus, the man of sin is the big deal in this chapter, but it is not in his time but rather in the time of the 10 kings which is pre-trib. The rapture happens and the God of heaven sets up His kingdom....

“Now the salvation, and the power, and the kingdom (dominion, reign) of our God, and the authority of His Christ have come; for the accuser of our [believing] brothers and sisters has been thrown down [at last], he who accuses them and keeps bringing charges [of sinful behavior] against them before our God day and night. Rev.12

The devil is cast down, the seals are opened and the wrath of God pulverizes the earth and those who dwell on it...

Dan, Ch.2 continued...
but it shall pulverize and it will consume all these kingdoms, and it shall be established for eternity45Just as you saw that a stone was cut out without hands from the mountain, and it pulverized the iron and brass and earthenware and silver and gold, The Great God has made known to you what will be in the last days. The dream is true, and the interpretation, trustworthy” Dan.2

This is why I believe we must see the 10 kings first.

I am the party pooper who thinks we are nowhere near the rapture yet. You can all tell me "I told you so" on the way up. Erika is used to me posting positive things about the rapture being soon because I love the eagerness that many have and it is something we need to have at the forefront of our thinking, meeting our Beloved first and getting out of this wicked earth.

The 6 day 6000 year teaching is way before the church, we just inherited that. A Jew reading the Hebrew Bible sees each day as 1,000 years because that is the value of the Hebrew letters and the pictogram tells the story of the 7000 years in the first 7 words in Hebrew.

So when I say nowhere near, I mean that the rapture is a signed event - how did we not catch that on when the early church pre AD 200 wrote that they guessed the great trib would begin in AD 2025?

How can you have immanency when Peter had to reach old age? The apostles were confused for they thought John wouldn't die so Jesus had to return before John died.

Jesus told the disciples it is not for YOU to know the times set by the Father, but Jesus gives US a list of events so we know the time is fast approaching and Paul taught we are not in darkness that that day overtake us like a thief. There are 45 signs and events in Matt.24 so we know when the day of redemption is near.

We get lost in Jewish idioms and get them completely back to front. When western ears hear, No one knows the day or hour we think this is pointless to discuss because no one can know, but to Jewish ears it meant be on watch for the time is near. It had to do with the new moon appearing and no one knew which of two nights it would appear and then with cloud cover it made the hour impossible to predict.

To a Jew, when Jesus said, No one knows the day or hour, they would immediately think of the feast that has many names, for the feast or trumpets was also called the feast of the day and hour no one knows for this reason and there we find the 99 blasts followed by the last trump.

1) After Jesus gave us the list of signs that must be in the BEGINNING phase and all coming together He added, BUT BEFORE ALL THESE THINGS we must make our final witness, God's final plea to the world that they will hate us for and put us in prisons and some will die.

While persecution is increasing, the trap is being prepared to catch very person who does not advocate for their planned wickedness. You know the surveillance system is almost ready.

7And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, 8And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. 9And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

10And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. 11And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death. 12Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time. Rev.12

Maranatha!
You always stretch my brain and bring something new to think about Hugh, I appreciate you.

My probability index just shifted slightly as I'm absorbing this new info. Still think the Mill Day Theory as a nearness indicator is more probable than not, but I've needed a good alternative point of view to chew on, so that changes things for me somewhat, and this is a lovely list to think on.

One of the earlier Church Fathers (I think Irenaeus) had an interesting comment that has always stuck with me. He was having a serious talking to with the church about trying to spot the AC and he firmly said something on the order of: you won't see it happen, and besides which you won't even be in the right time frame until you see the 10 kings arise.

He was squashing the party that had been going on, playing pin the tail on the AC and guess the Rapture date. Party Pooper!!! :lol: I LOVE the early Church Fathers. So pithy, so to the point, and so sharp.

No! I said...
"The 6 day 6000 year teaching is way before the church, we just inherited that. A Jew reading the Hebrew Bible sees each day as 1,000 years because that is the value of the Hebrew letters and the pictogram tells the story of the 7000 years in the first 7 words in Hebrew.

So when I say nowhere near, I mean that the rapture is a signed event - how did we not catch that on when the early church pre AD 200 wrote that they guessed the great trib would begin in AD 2025?"

The early church agreed with the Jewish teaching of 6000 years and concluded we enter the GT in 2025.

When I say nowhere near, I meant that as I see it...

1)
2)
Read what I think needs to happen.
I heard that No! all the way to the West Coast 🤣
Easy brother we're only human. Love you brother 🥰

One of the earlier Church Fathers (I think Irenaeus) had an interesting comment that has always stuck with me. He was having a serious talking to with the church about trying to spot the AC and he firmly said something on the order of: you won't see it happen, and besides which you won't even be in the right time frame until you see the 10 kings arise.

He was squashing the party that had been going on, playing pin the tail on the AC and guess the Rapture date. Party Pooper!!! :lol: I LOVE the early Church Fathers. So pithy, so to the point, and so sharp.
Pardon the pun, but yes you nailed it.

Once the Rapture happens, the US will be a muslim country, just like the European countries will be (all because of muslim invasion/migration). So even if the US doesn't turn its back on Israel before the Rapture, it surely will after, and be a powerful enemy, both because of military and longstanding access to Israeli secrets/intelligence.
If it does happen as you say, it won't be for long I don't think. When the AC appears, he is not going to tolerate any belief systems that, in any way, do not go along with his plans. I can't see Islam being the one world religion nor can I see Muslims being subjective to him. My belief, in pencil only now, is that when the Lord delivers Israel as part of the Gog/Magog war, He will also destroy Islam as a viable religion.

LOL That was a quiet No!

If you see this...

NO!

Then I am shouting.

Please, do ask anything you want, and I love you too :)
Ask you anything. Hmmm 🤔

I have one for you but don't answer in this thread. I can watch for your answer.

What's your take on the belief some have that Revelation 12 happened in 2017?
I couldn't find a good link but here's one that points to it.

Back