What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who Is Your Favorite End Times Teacher/Pastor?

I had forgotten this, but during the initial lockdowns we were listening to a few of my favorites in place of church. I think it was Easter 2020 and apparently JD made a comment about it being the last Easter we'd be here for. Totally blew by me, but my kids remembered it and brought it up several months ago. I've been known to speculate a little about times and seasons as we get closer, but have become very sensitive to absolute blanket statements like that. Even when coming from a place of hope and expectation, they can be very damaging when they don't come to pass.

As far as current favorites, definitely Andy Woods, Jack Hibbs, and Pete. He's not a pastor, but I love listening to Mark Murchison on youtube for encouragement -- he has quite an air of peace about him. For a while I was also listening to watchman river Tom, but backed off mostly because of hearing too much about Psalm 83.

One name left off everyones list, which probably would have been on most lists pre covid is JD Farag. His prophecy updates use to be mentioned all the time back then on RF, and then he changed. Sad.
It is a shame because he was an OSAS/pretrib guy, then fell into the conspiracy theory rabbit hole.

He also seems to go off his emotions/feelings a lot as well which seems to be clouding his judgement i think.

I had forgotten this, but during the initial lockdowns we were listening to a few of my favorites in place of church. I think it was Easter 2020 and apparently JD made a comment about it being the last Easter we'd be here for. Totally blew by me, but my kids remembered it and brought it up several months ago. I've been known to speculate a little about times and seasons as we get closer, but have become very sensitive to absolute blanket statements like that. Even when coming from a place of hope and expectation, they can be very damaging when they don't come to pass.

As far as current favorites, definitely Andy Woods, Jack Hibbs, and Pete. He's not a pastor, but I love listening to Mark Murchison on youtube for encouragement -- he has quite an air of peace about him. For a while I was also listening to watchman river Tom, but backed off mostly because of hearing too much about Psalm 83.
He's at least done it another 3-4 times since then (JD)

JD did go off the rails a bit, a couple of times. But I still believe that he is Biblically sound. Also, he’s just a really down to earth guy, and I like him a lot.

Jan Markell and the regular guests on her show are also all very good teachers. Biblically sound and sensible.
JD is sound on the gospel. Its when he ventures into conspiracies such as 9-11 did not happen as we all believe. I did in the past enjoy listening to him as he does have a relaxed way of talking.

I like and listen to most that have been mentioned but have to say that sometimes Billy Crone sounds like he has had about 10 pots of coffee and my poor brain feels jangled just listening to him.
:console: The correct way to listen to Billy is on (.25x) speed and Andy Woods in on (1.5x speed.) :heh: :heh:

JD Farag - i love him as my brother and I know he loves the Lord and does a lot of good, but I cant really listen to pastors who audibly cry a lot during a sermon. It is distracting to me and even though I am sure its genuine it just detracts from the message IMO.
But that is only my personal feelings, the Lord is the one who called him. :nod:

I like Joel Osteen for the encouragement sometimes. Not as a pre-trib teacher. He's said publicly that he's not called to teach deep theology, but is called to encourage. Sometimes the joke, alone, is worth listening :lol:

[ducks rocks]
My unsaved mom loves Osteen. The reason why is because there is no conviction whatsoever. She listens and receives the encouragement he says and applies it to herself even though she remains lost. She remains lost because she sees no need for a Savior.

When Andrea first got saved she listened to Osteen because he was encouraging. But she soon realized there was no meat. So she began listening to Joyce Meyer. But she soon realized that was lacking and she switched to Charles Stanley. There she got meat, but she found his teaching hard to grasp at times and his manner scared her. He seemed mean, like her abusive father. And then God led her to pastor Jimmy Evans. From him she got sound teaching in a friendly, encouraging manner. I have to admit, I myself really like his preaching and teaching. He is an excellent communicator.

JD did go off the rails a bit, a couple of times. But I still believe that he is Biblically sound. Also, he’s just a really down to earth guy, and I like him a lot.

Jan Markell and the regular guests on her show are also all very good teachers. Biblically sound and sensible.
He lost me when he said “it’s the mark” about the jabs and many weeks went by and he never changed his statement or clarified. I felt that was very irresponsible. We know the jabs were bad news but to say they are the mark is, well, reckless. And silly. Since when do people receive a vaccine in their hand or forehead? I know that what he meant was that during the trib having to receive a vaccine could become a requirement to receive the mark, which to me is plausible but there is zero scriptural support for that. I love the man by the way.

Back