What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MERGED: Hurricane Milton reports and reactions!

Tropical Storm Milton has formed in the Gulf of Mexico and is forecast to strengthen into a hurricane headed toward Florida with possible impacts to its western coast, the National Hurricane Center said on Saturday. Maximum sustained winds are expected to be at 40 mph with higher gusts and Milton is currently moving north-northeast, NHC said in an advisory.

Milton is forecast to undergo a period of rapid intensification before it makes landfall as a Category 2 hurricane across Florida's west coast, CBS News Miami reported.

The forecast comes a little more than a week after Hurricane Helene made landfall in Florida and across the Southeast, killing more than 200 people and causing immense destruction. President Biden on Thursday took an aerial tour of Florida's Big Bend where Helene struck as a Category 4 storm. Hundreds of people are still missing and Mr. Biden said the work to rebuild will cost "billions of dollars" as communities suffer still without power, running water and passable roads.

More

Prayer request: every time we have a gust we hear a strange, low-pitched humming sound coming from up high on our house. Can’t figure out what it is and it’s like a vibration. Concerning. Our roof is just 3 years old. Thanks. We still have power but have lost if for a few seconds a few times. I’m expecting to lose power later. They are saying the worst is yet to come for our area as this thing goes over. Looks like we will be getting the eyewall too.
Prayers for the roof and general structural integrity of your home.

Prayer request: every time we have a gust we hear a strange, low-pitched humming sound coming from up high on our house. Can’t figure out what it is and it’s like a vibration. Concerning. Our roof is just 3 years old. Thanks. We still have power but have lost if for a few seconds a few times. I’m expecting to lose power later. They are saying the worst is yet to come for our area as this thing goes over. Looks like we will be getting the eyewall too.
I think it’s our duct work - air being blown into it from our AC unit or maybe the AC vent pipe vibrating

Pretty much the same here - rain & bit more blustery. Relatives in other parts of FL under tornado warnings.
Unfortunately we are told the worst of it will hit us at 1 AM. Right when we want to sleep. If there are enough tornado warnings we will just curl up in the hallway.
With Helene the worst of it hit us from 2:30-4:30 AM

Prayers for you’ll to be safe. We’re only getting about 20-30 mph winds and light rain, right now.

Amir posted a video with sound on his Telegram of Milton hurricane in Florida in progress that has been posted on TikTok.
The destructiveness is shocking and the sound of it made my skin crawl.
It sounded like a cross between a herd of angry elephants or the sound of moaning evil spirits. It was so disturbing Amir immediately took it down from his channel after a few minutes that he had posted it. He put up other mini videos in its place.
My heart and prayers goes out to everyone who had to go through this 😢🙏

Amir posted a video with sound on his Telegram of Milton hurricane in Florida in progress that has been posted on TikTok.
The destructiveness is shocking and the sound of it made my skin crawl.
It sounded like a cross between a herd of angry elephants or the sound of moaning evil spirits. It was so disturbing Amir immediately took it down from his channel after a few minutes that he had posted it. He put up other mini videos in its place.
My heart and prayers goes out to everyone who had to go through this 😢🙏
Amir put the video back up with the other video clips he has on his Telegram channel.
If anyone wants to view it and subscribe to his Telegram, it's there to view, but I can't bring myself to post it here.
It's got the words
"Hurricane Milton is here"
at the top of the video clip.

Thanks all for praying, There is something about knowing that your brothers and sisters and praying for you…it holds you up. I finally got some sleep. 7 am here and I am amazed we still have power! Going to check things out around here. In a while. Still getting bands but they are mild.
That was a bit hairier than I expected 😆.

I haven't heard yet this morning. I know the power is out and maybe they are saving batteries on their cell phones. How are you doing?
So exhausted but amazed and so thankful to see the power is still on. Now I have to put all of this stuff away haha. About 30 various jars & containers of water on my counter and candles set up. Will look at the house in a while. Let me know when you hear from them.

Amir put the video back up with the other video clips he has on his Telegram channel.
If anyone wants to view it and subscribe to his Telegram, it's there to view, but I can't bring myself to post it here.
It's got the words
"Hurricane Milton is here"
at the top of the video clip.
Why not? I have been through at least 40 typhoons or hurricanes, and they all make strange sounds. It is quite eerie to be outside and hear the wind howling, and the different shapes and contours of structures as the wind blows past changes the sound.

Back