What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MERGED: Hurricane Milton reports and reactions!

Tropical Storm Milton has formed in the Gulf of Mexico and is forecast to strengthen into a hurricane headed toward Florida with possible impacts to its western coast, the National Hurricane Center said on Saturday. Maximum sustained winds are expected to be at 40 mph with higher gusts and Milton is currently moving north-northeast, NHC said in an advisory.

Milton is forecast to undergo a period of rapid intensification before it makes landfall as a Category 2 hurricane across Florida's west coast, CBS News Miami reported.

The forecast comes a little more than a week after Hurricane Helene made landfall in Florida and across the Southeast, killing more than 200 people and causing immense destruction. President Biden on Thursday took an aerial tour of Florida's Big Bend where Helene struck as a Category 4 storm. Hundreds of people are still missing and Mr. Biden said the work to rebuild will cost "billions of dollars" as communities suffer still without power, running water and passable roads.

More

:pray:
:pray:
:amen:
:amen:
:thankyou:
:thankyou:

Wow. Andrew was a monster. Swallowed up the whole state. I wasn’t here for that.
One of the biggest threats to the Florida ecosystem came out of that hurricane too. It burns me up when Fla. officials blame the Burmese Python problem in the Everglades on Florida residents releasing overgrown pets.

There was two huge warehouses just South of the Miami Zoo that belonged to an exotic pet importer. Those warehouses were full of boxes of snakes, mostly Burmese Pythons. Ninety percent of those warehouse remains were found West in the Everglades and some even in the Gulf of Mexico.

Quite a few boxes were found still sealed with reptiles still alive in them. Most of the containers were broken open and empty.

Per the latest track report, our area Will get 75MPH max gusts Wed night thru Thursday AM. Mandatory evacuation for mobile homes modular homes and RVs.
Wind gusts this speed aren’t a huge deal but definitely don’t want to be outside because of the oak and pine trees in this area.
That’s what they told us with Hurricane Helene. They were wrong, it shifted East at landfall and we came through the edge of the eyewall between 2:30am-4:30am with winds gusting over 100mph.

Eight of my neighbors still don’t have power.

That’s what they told us with Hurricane Helene. They were wrong, it shifted East at landfall and we came through the edge of the eyewall between 2:30am-4:30am with winds gusting over 100mph.

Eight of my neighbors still don’t have power.
Yep we never know for sure what these things will end up doing. The forecasters do their best but it’s up to the Lord what He will allow.
Years ago they tracked a hurricane to hit the panhandle and was supposed to just graze the gulf side of the state. We woke up in the morning to see that the thing took a 90 degree right turn and went right over us as a Cat 3. No one was prepared. It was a race to the stores for plywood. The next day it looked like a war zone around here, so many trees and power lines down. We fared ok with minimal damage and 3 day outage. The debris piles we all gathered were incredible.

One of the biggest threats to the Florida ecosystem came out of that hurricane too. It burns me up when Fla. officials blame the Burmese Python problem in the Everglades on Florida residents releasing overgrown pets.

There was two huge warehouses just South of the Miami Zoo that belonged to an exotic pet importer. Those warehouses were full of boxes of snakes, mostly Burmese Pythons. Ninety percent of those warehouse remains were found West in the Everglades and some even in the Gulf of Mexico.

Quite a few boxes were found still sealed with reptiles still alive in them. Most of the containers were broken open and empty.

I never heard this. Guess not PC or important enough for national/mainstream media to report :(

Prayers for those who will be impacted, especially those on the right side of the hurricane when it comes ashore. The strongest wind and highest storm surge is always on the right side, and almost all tornadoes caused by a hurricane happen on the right side. Tornadoes are happening now well before it comes ashore, again, on the right side on the map.

:pray::pray::pray:

I never heard this. Guess not PC or important enough for national/mainstream media to report :(
Yeah they like to spread the lie that it was irresponsible pet owners that released their overgrown snakes that they could no longer afford to feed.

It’s amazing the timing of the Python problem in Florida before Hurricane Andrew was almost non existent.

The bad thing about Hurricane Andrew is it hit the poorer section of Miami, it was actually South of Miami closer to Homestead. The area that once had dozens of mobile home parks. I saw one park that was gone. Out of over a dozen mobile homes, there was only one trailer frame still tied down. That was all that was left was the frame. The were a few concrete driveways and patios without any structures of any kind left.

In the swamp behind the area were strips of aluminum siding and roofing from those warehouses and mobile homes. That debris field stretched over into the Everglades and Gulf of Mexico.

Every single vehicle and truck that was outside had glass busted out. In our parking lot there was one car standing straight up with its front bumper in the roof of another car, it looked like a giant upside down T.

Every trailer from freight trucks was blown over and 1/4 to 1/2 miles from where they were parked. Many of them the tandem axles were ripped out of.

Most of the buildings at our facility survived, all of them had missing roof sections. Some of the buildings exploded, from the pressure differential created by a few tornadoes that were close by.

To see our facility you would think there were fatalities. There were none the worse injury was a badly broken leg, from someone who was in one of the concrete block warehouses that exploded.

Some of the buildings exploded, from the pressure differential created by a few tornadoes that were close by.

To see our facility you would think there were fatalities. There were none the worse injury was a badly broken leg, from someone who was in one of the concrete block warehouses that exploded.
Makes me redouble my prayers for @Andiamo and her family!

Prayers for those who will be impacted, especially those on the right side of the hurricane when it comes ashore. The strongest wind and highest storm surge is always on the right side, and almost all tornadoes caused by a hurricane happen on the right side. Tornadoes are happening now well before it comes ashore, again, on the right side on the map.

:pray::pray::pray:
Thank you Andy, I didn’t even know that.

HURRICANE
Tornado warnings jolt Palm Beach County ahead of Hurricane Milton
Portrait of Kimberly MillerKimberly Miller
Palm Beach Post

Hurricane Milton's approach to the west coast of Florida is triggering multiple tornado warnings in Palm Beach and Broward counties as supercell thunderstorms form in the powerhouse tropical cyclone's dangerous northeast quadrant.

The National Weather Service in Miami has all of South Florida under a tornado watch until 9 p.m. Wednesday, and a rapid fire spat of warnings began around 11 a.m.,

More

Back