What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MERGED: Hurricane Milton reports and reactions!

Tropical Storm Milton has formed in the Gulf of Mexico and is forecast to strengthen into a hurricane headed toward Florida with possible impacts to its western coast, the National Hurricane Center said on Saturday. Maximum sustained winds are expected to be at 40 mph with higher gusts and Milton is currently moving north-northeast, NHC said in an advisory.

Milton is forecast to undergo a period of rapid intensification before it makes landfall as a Category 2 hurricane across Florida's west coast, CBS News Miami reported.

The forecast comes a little more than a week after Hurricane Helene made landfall in Florida and across the Southeast, killing more than 200 people and causing immense destruction. President Biden on Thursday took an aerial tour of Florida's Big Bend where Helene struck as a Category 4 storm. Hundreds of people are still missing and Mr. Biden said the work to rebuild will cost "billions of dollars" as communities suffer still without power, running water and passable roads.

More

Thanks all for praying, There is something about knowing that your brothers and sisters and praying for you…it holds you up. I finally got some sleep. 7 am here and I am amazed we still have power! Going to check things out around here. In a while. Still getting bands but they are mild.
That was a bit hairier than I expected 😆.
Of course we would pray for you precious sister ❤️
We are The Body of Christ, Family. 🥰,
In Love for one another we carry one another's burdens and serve as support pillars for each other to uplift one another during difficult times.

Because we are Family and love one another we pray for each other 🙏
and when God answers our prayers we share in the Joy of Praising God in Thanksgiving for His Faithfulness.

26 "And if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; or if one member is honored, all the members rejoice with it."
1 Corinthians 12:26

I Praise God and Thank Him for getting you, and others, like 3Nails4Given, and Eric and Kem who went through the "literal" Storms. It was a close call.

Today is a new day. ☀️🌈
God's Mercy is New every morning. 😊
Lamentations 3:22-23

Today is the day the Lord has made.
Let us rejoice and be Glad in it!
Psalm 128:24
Because God kept you all in His protection under The Shadow of His Wings 🙌
Psalm 91:4

I will keep praying for all who went through this ordeal for God to provide direction to get necessary help if needed to get things back in order and keep you all in His Peace and Care. 🙏🙏🙏🙏

Why not? I have been through at least 40 typhoons or hurricanes, and they all make strange sounds. It is quite eerie to be outside and hear the wind howling, and the different shapes and contours of structures as the wind blows past changes the sound.
Okay here it is.
It's the first video clip at the very top left side.
It says
Hurricane Milton is here
On the video.

Okay here it is.
It says
Hurricane Milton is here
On the video.

I could only see one 16 second video, which did not start off with Hurricane Milton is here. The clip I did see reminded of the several typhoons we had every year in Okinawa (I spent a total of 9 years there), and the many hurricanes in Coastal NC.

I could only see one 16 second video, which did not start off with Hurricane Milton is here. The clip I did see reminded of the several typhoons we had every year in Okinawa (I spent a total of 9 years there), and the many hurricanes in Coastal NC.
Hmmm 🤔 only one video? I see like six when I open it.
Actually there's eight videos

Okay here it is.
It says
Hurricane Milton is here
On the video.

I’m pretty sure those creepy sound effects were added to the video by the person who put those clips together. The sounds are exactly the same in every scene and I’ve never heard sounds like that in a hurricane.

I’m pretty sure those creepy sound effects were added to the video by the person who put those clips together. The sounds are exactly the same in every scene and I’ve never heard sounds like that in a hurricane.
Oh they are creepy!
I've never heard the sound of a Hurricane before but when I heard those sounds it made me so uncomfortable because like I said the sounds were like a herd of angry elephants or like evil spirits.
Now I have heard that tornadoes have a sound like a freight train coming, but this was so "unnatural" to say the least.

I didn’t listen to it, because I don’t want to. But I know there were sounds from Helene that were way worse than those hurricane Michael made. Michael just sounded like wind and rain. Helene was making a whistling like sound with the winds, but the winds we got from Helene were more intense.

Oh my! I'm sure your boss has to stay somewhere with the roof like that. That's terrible.
Did your roof get that bad of damage?
I'm praying that you are able to get a reasonable price to repair yours.🙏
No we didn’t have any trees down on the house, we just lost a bunch of shingles off three different places of roof all on the South side of our house.

So exhausted but amazed and so thankful to see the power is still on. Now I have to put all of this stuff away haha. About 30 various jars & containers of water on my counter and candles set up. Will look at the house in a while. Let me know when you hear from them.
I am so glad to hear it.

Praying for all who have been hit with this storm and with Helene!

We fill the bathtub with water right before it comes too. For flushing and washing. And fill up any available containers we have. Writing all of this here for the benefit of others who may be in the path.
We have a large whirlpool bath in our master bathroom. I filled it to the maximum before Helene. I added a dose of bleach to it. I also filled the tub/ shower combo tub in the second bathroom and dosed it with bleach.

We used the toilet in the second bath and flushed it with tub water. I used the whirlpool tub as my personal pool and rinse bath, due to the bleach I put in it smelled just like a swimming pool. It was my only respite from the overwhelming heat and humidity. Each evening before going to bed I would go for a swim. Good grief that water was like ice cold, but I was able to cool off enough to sleep.

Back