What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MERGED: Hurricane Milton reports and reactions!

Tropical Storm Milton has formed in the Gulf of Mexico and is forecast to strengthen into a hurricane headed toward Florida with possible impacts to its western coast, the National Hurricane Center said on Saturday. Maximum sustained winds are expected to be at 40 mph with higher gusts and Milton is currently moving north-northeast, NHC said in an advisory.

Milton is forecast to undergo a period of rapid intensification before it makes landfall as a Category 2 hurricane across Florida's west coast, CBS News Miami reported.

The forecast comes a little more than a week after Hurricane Helene made landfall in Florida and across the Southeast, killing more than 200 people and causing immense destruction. President Biden on Thursday took an aerial tour of Florida's Big Bend where Helene struck as a Category 4 storm. Hundreds of people are still missing and Mr. Biden said the work to rebuild will cost "billions of dollars" as communities suffer still without power, running water and passable roads.

More

Watch: Tornado outbreak spawns from Hurricane Milton as funnel clouds swirl in South Florida

MIAMI – A dangerous tornado outbreak has emerged from the outer bands of Hurricane Milton, posing a significant threat to Florida as the massive storm approaches.

More than 80 Tornado Warnings had already been issued as of Wednesday afternoon. This comes following the National Weather Service's Storm Prediction Center's (SPC) issuance of a Tornado Watch for parts of Central and South Florida.

The NWS Miami office has broken its record for the most Tornado Warnings issued in a single day, with more than 40 issued as of Wednesday afternoon. The previous record for that office was set during Hurricane Ian.

More

Hurricane Milton live news updates: Historic storm to wallop Florida
Updated Oct. 9, 2024, 5:47 p.m. ET

Hurricane Milton may have fallen to Category 3 strength late Wednesday afternoon, but the historic storm is still set to devastate the Gulf Coast and other parts of Florida when it makes landfall sometime between 10 p.m. tonight and 2 a.m. Thursday.

MANY tornadoes coming off of this storm. It hasn’t even landed yet in Tampa and there are constant tornado warnings all the way to the other coast. None up here yet but I will be expecting it. We have a futon cushion we can stuff into our laundry room. I have a feeling I’m going to be awake all night.

A tornado was reported by the meteorologist that is so large it actually has an EYE. We may be seeing the Oklahoma tornadoes I mentioned upthread. Thankfully we are in the Lord’s hands.
Amen

1 "He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress;
My God, in Him I will trust.”
Psalm 91:1-2

MANY tornadoes coming off of this storm. It hasn’t even landed yet in Tampa and there are constant tornado warnings all the way to the other coast. None up here yet but I will be expecting it. We have a futon cushion we can stuff into our laundry room. I have a feeling I’m going to be awake all night.

A lady I know (online only) is in a nursing home there and said at least 10 tornadoes had touched down earlier this afternoon.

The storm is about to hit shore…within the hour….hours sooner than predicted…due to the cooler air mass pushing it (the same air mass that is helping the formation of the tornadoes) We continue to get brownouts but still have power. Spent about 30 minutes running around setting up the food coolers, candles in dishes with foil, etc. Getting very gusty now. Pray this thing breaks up I’m over it already 😂

Category 3 Hurricane Milton bears down on Florida​

Hurricane Milton made landfall as Category 3 storm Wednesday night hours after tropical storm-force winds lashed Florida.

Millions had been ordered to evacuate and bridges closed as the fluctuated in intensity, bringing damaging winds and flooding rains.

The storm had been barreling toward the Tampa Bay area, home to more 3.3 million people. The region has managed to avoid a direct hit from a major hurricane for over a century.

Multiple fatalities were reported in St. Lucie County and figures were expected to climb. Authorities, meanwhile, have halted patrols until the storm passes. Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis told residents it is now too dangerous to evacuate and to hunker down.

I heard from my precious Mackenzie just a bit ago. They are in a no evacuation zone in Tampa and just lost power. Very heavy flooding in the yard but not in the house yet. They have moved everything upstairs just in case. 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
Oh sister I am praying for your entire family 🙏
You've had a heap piled up on your plate but I am placing my faith in God to be your ever present Help in time of need 🫂❤️

Prayer request: every time we have a gust we hear a strange, low-pitched humming sound coming from up high on our house. Can’t figure out what it is and it’s like a vibration. Concerning. Our roof is just 3 years old. Thanks. We still have power but have lost if for a few seconds a few times. I’m expecting to lose power later. They are saying the worst is yet to come for our area as this thing goes over. Looks like we will be getting the eyewall too.

Back