What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lordship Salvation, Part 3 (John 5:24) Andy Woods

What a great series of threads!

I was also under this idea of LS, and as many of you noted, it was an absolutely miserable, terrifying time. I about wore holes in my Bible going back and forth over it. We were still on dial up internet at the time, but I read a lot at The Berean Call. Finally I was on a press check one night and I went over to the mall for a cup of coffee while the pressman was hanging plates. I wandered into the bookstore, and a slim book by Charles Stanley caught my eye, "Eternal Security", which I devoured, and it really helped me put everything into proper perspective.

I have the same issues as you know, per the Rewards thread. :hug:

But for others who are the same and then to be told on top of it, well maybe you arent even one of the chosen, would just be devastating.
Oh yeah, when I’m beating myself up that’s the last thing I need to hear! How sad that this happens to people!!! This is their time to be directed toward the cross, not make them doubt that they are really His!!! Now I’m mad!

What a great series of threads!

I was also under this idea of LS, and as many of you noted, it was an absolutely miserable, terrifying time. I about wore holes in my Bible going back and forth over it. We were still on dial up internet at the time, but I read a lot at The Berean Call. Finally I was on a press check one night and I went over to the mall for a cup of coffee while the pressman was hanging plates. I wandered into the bookstore, and a slim book by Charles Stanley caught my eye, "Eternal Security", which I devoured, and it really helped me put everything into proper perspective.
How very sweet of the Lord to lead you to that book. This is such love! This is what the Lord does with everyone who are His, when we are all screwed up and on the wrong track!

How very sweet of the Lord to lead you to that book. This is such love! This is what the Lord does with everyone who are His, when we are all screwed up and on the wrong track!
If you are interested, Dave Hunt wrote an excellent book that can give you a better understanding of what John Calvin was all about: What Love is This?

I have learned this past couple of years that Calvinists who are consistent (like James White mentioned by Eric upthread) honestly do not believe that infants and children head strait to Jesus if they die, talk about unthinkable :cry:

But that's something dating back to Augustine and the early days of Roman Catholicism. They taught that if an infant didn't get baptized it was going strait to hell. An example given was two mothers had newborns. One mom was a known prostitute and the other a God loving, church attending mom. As each journeyed to get their infant baptized the godly mother was involved in an accident that killed her baby. The prostitute's infant was baptized.

Augustine and the RCC taught that the godly mom's baby went to hell.
:oops:

If you are interested, Dave Hunt wrote an excellent book that can give you a better understanding of what John Calvin was all about: What Love is This?

I have learned this past couple of years that Calvinists who are consistent (like James White mentioned by Eric upthread) honestly do not believe that infants and children head strait to Jesus if they die, talk about unthinkable :cry:

But that's something dating back to Augustine and the early days of Roman Catholicism. They taught that if an infant didn't get baptized it was going strait to hell. An example given was two mothers had newborns. One mom was a known prostitute and the other a God loving, church attending mom. As each journeyed to get their infant baptized the godly mother was involved in an accident that killed her baby. The prostitute's infant was baptized.

Augustine and the RCC taught that the godly mom's baby went to hell.
:oops:
Thank you - I may order that. My husband and I have been talking and now he is horrified about it.

Back