What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hamas militant group has started a war that ‘Israel will win,’ defense minister says

US calls for immediate Gaza ceasefire and hostage deal in draft UN resolution​

Source says wording suggests significant movement in US position as pressure mounts on Israel to halt campaign​

The US has drafted a new UN security council resolution calling for an “immediate ceasefire” and hostage deal in Gaza, amid mounting pressure on Israel to halt its military campaign and allow the delivery of substantial amounts of humanitarian aid into the Palestinian territory.

The secretary of state, Antony Blinken, presented the resolution as calling for “an immediate ceasefire tied to the release of hostages”.

The US has consistently argued that the route to a ceasefire has to be through a hostage deal, but the new draft resolution presented on Thursday, seen by the Guardian, is more ambiguous about the linkage.

🚨 A top Israeli official said his country's military is ultimately going to invade the southern Gaza city of Rafah and defeat Hamas “even if the entire world turns on Israel, including the United States.”

Beginning of Sorrows News on Telegram

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu:

"I met with the Secretary of State Blinken today. I told him that I greatly appreciate the fact that for more than five months we have been standing together in the war against Hamas. I also told him that we recognize the need to evacuate the civilian population from the war zones and of course also take care of the humanitarian needs and we are working to that end.

But I also said that we have no way to defeat Hamas without going into Rafah and eliminating the rest of the battalions there. And I told him that I hope we will do it with the support of the USA, but if we have to - we will do it alone"

Amir on Telegram

The triumph of the blood libel

We’re seeing lots and lots of it these days. It’s worth recalling what a blood libel really is.

By Caroline B. Glick
(March 22, 2024 / JNS)

According to Canada’s La Presse, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is a vampire, and he is poised to suck the life out of the Palestinians in Rafah, Hamas’s final outpost in southern Gaza. The publication that was once a paper of record in Canada ran a political cartoon on March 20 portraying Netanyahu as a vampire, with a huge hooked nose, pointy ears and claws for fingers, dressed in Dracula’s overcoat while standing on the deck of a pirate ship.

The caption, written in blood-dripping red letters, read: “Nosfenyahou: En Route Vers Rafah.” Nosferatu, the Romanian word for vampire, was the title of a proto-Nazi German silent horror film from 1922 chock-full of anti-Semitic poison. The film, which became something of a cult flick, featured a vampire with a long Jewish nose. He arrived at an idyllic German town with a box full of plague-carrying rats that he released on the innocent villagers as he plotted to suck his realtor’s blood.

Read more here: The triumph of the blood libel

The triumph of the blood libel

We’re seeing lots and lots of it these days. It’s worth recalling what a blood libel really is.

By Caroline B. Glick
(March 22, 2024 / JNS)

According to Canada’s La Presse, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is a vampire, and he is poised to suck the life out of the Palestinians in Rafah, Hamas’s final outpost in southern Gaza. The publication that was once a paper of record in Canada ran a political cartoon on March 20 portraying Netanyahu as a vampire, with a huge hooked nose, pointy ears and claws for fingers, dressed in Dracula’s overcoat while standing on the deck of a pirate ship.

The caption, written in blood-dripping red letters, read: “Nosfenyahou: En Route Vers Rafah.” Nosferatu, the Romanian word for vampire, was the title of a proto-Nazi German silent horror film from 1922 chock-full of anti-Semitic poison. The film, which became something of a cult flick, featured a vampire with a long Jewish nose. He arrived at an idyllic German town with a box full of plague-carrying rats that he released on the innocent villagers as he plotted to suck his realtor’s blood.

Read more here: The triumph of the blood libel
I am so angry. Can God be any less angry??? The Roman Catholic Church whose roots still underlie much of the French Canadian psyche in one way or another was always anti-Jewish historically, so I suppose that this latest antisemitic lie shouldn't surprise me. But I am truly seething at this moment. I pray that God will bring me from anger to prayer for the souls of those who are believing and promoting these libels against the descendants of Abraham.

US Vice President Kamala Harris in an interview with ABC: "We were clear that any military action in Rafah would be a big mistake. I looked at the maps - these people have nowhere to go. There are 1.5 million people there because they were told to go there." In addition, Harris did not rule out that there would be consequences from the US if Israel acted in Rafah.

Beginning of Sorrows News on Telegram

Hamas aimed to attack Tel Aviv, nuclear reactor on Oct. 7th​

The Hamas terror group’s mass invasion of southern Israel on October 7th was intended to be even larger, including an attack on Israel’s nuclear reactor in Dimona and for its operatives to reach Tel Aviv, according to a new report.

Sinwar had planned for terror squads to travel to Tel Aviv, where they would murder civilians in a number of crowded, high-profile locations selected in advance, Kafir said.

Operatives were also meant to infiltrate the southern city of Dimona, where Israel’s nuclear reactor is located, though it’s unclear if they had the knowledge or technical ability to harm or disable it.

However, that plan was thwarted by an apparent technical error from the group’s GPS devices, as well as the squad’s navigator becoming disoriented.

The Security Council approved a resolution calling for a ceasefire. No American veto was imposed.
I guess no one cares about our hostages!

The United States administration basically said that Hamas can stay in power and that the hostages are not to be released.
Big blow for Netanyahu.
Great win for Hamas.
Terror pays off!

Amir on Telegram

UN Security Council demands immediate Gaza ceasefire after US abstains​

UNITED NATIONS, March 25 (Reuters) - The United Nations Security Council adopted a resolution on Monday demanding an immediate ceasefire between Israel and Palestinian militants Hamas and the release of all hostages after the United States abstained from the vote.
The remaining 14 council members voted for the resolution, which was proposed by the 10 elected members of the body. There was a round of applause in the council chamber after the vote.

"The Palestinian people has suffered greatly. This bloodbath has continued for far too long. It is our obligation to put an end to this bloodbath before it is too late," Algeria's U.N. Ambassador Amar Bendjama told the council after the vote.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said the failure of the U.S. to veto the resolution was a "clear retreat" from its previous position and would hurt Israel's war efforts and bid to release more than 130 hostages still held by Hamas.
"Our vote does not, and I repeat that does not represent a shift in our policy," White House spokesperson John Kirby told reporters. "Nothing has changed about our policy. Nothing."

Following the U.N. vote, Netanyahu canceled a visit to Washington by a high-level delegation that was due to discuss a planned Israeli military operation in the southern Gaza city of Rafah, where some 1.5 million people have sought shelter.

Message from the Prime Minister's Office:

The US withdrew from its consistent position in the Security Council where it only a few days ago linked a ceasefire with the release of the abductees (Article 1).
China and Russia vetoed the previous resolution partly because they supported a ceasefire without the release of the abductees.
Russia and China supported the current decision, along with Algeria and other countries.
The US did not veto today the new text that calls for a ceasefire without the condition of releasing the abductees.
This is a clear retreat from the consistent position of the US in the Security Council since the beginning of the war.
This withdrawal hurts both the war effort and the effort to release the hostages, because it gives Hamas hope that international pressure will allow them to accept a cease-fire without the release of our hostages.
Prime Minister Netanyahu made it clear last night that if the US withdraws from its principled position, he will not send the Israeli delegation to the US.
In light of the change in the American position, Prime Minister Netanyahu decided that the delegation would not leave.

Amir

Hamas, in an official announcement, “welcomes the decision of the UN Security Council and calls on the Security Council to put pressure on Israel so that it is committed to the decision.
We emphasize the importance of reaching a permanent ceasefire that will lead to the withdrawal of all Zionist forces from the Gaza Strip and the return of the refugees to their homes.”
Hamas is certainly satisfied. If the US thinks that this will pressure Hamas to be flexible towards reaching a deal, then it is wrong.
The decision at the UN will lead to a hardening of positions on the part of Hamas.
Hamas feels that the US also stands by its side in putting pressure on Israel. It has no reason to be flexible in the negotiations.

Amir

Israel Leaves Hostage Talks After UN Resolution Boosts Hamas Demands​

Israel pulled its leading negotiators out of hostage talks in Doha, Qatar, on Tuesday after Hamas toughened its demands in response to a United Nations (UN) Security Council resolution that called for an unconditional ceasefire.

As Breitbart News reported, Hamas dug in on its demands that a ceasefire precede any release of hostages, after the U.S. abstained and allowed UN Security Council Resolution 2728 to pass, with the backing of both Russia and China.

The resolution called for remaining Israeli hostages to be released but did not make a ceasefire conditional on their freedom, as a previous draft resolution, introduced by the U.S. last week and vetoed by Russia and China, had done.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu canceled a meeting that the White House had sought with his advisers to discuss an imminent Israeli attack on Hamas in its last stronghold of Rafah, which President Joe Biden opposes.

Trump says, “What I saw October 7 was one of the saddest things I’ve ever seen,” but adds that Israel should end the war. “You have to finish up your war. To finish it up. You gotta get it done. And, I am sure you will do that. And we gotta get to peace, we can’t have this going on.”

Not sure what I think of this position Trump is taking. He's walking the fence a bit.

200 Palestinian Terrorists Neutralized in Gaza Hospital Compound Raid​

Israeli soldiers continued operations against Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad terrorists holed up in Gaza City’s Shifa Hospital and in Khan Yunis, the Israel Defense Forces said on Thursday morning.

Israel returned to the hospital, Gaza’s largest, after receiving intelligence that senior Hamas figures were inside the compound planning attacks. Since entering the compound on March 18, Israel has killed over 200 terrorists and detained 800 terror suspects, of whom at least 500 have been confirmed as members of the Hamas or Palestinian Islamic Jihad terror groups.

The Press Service of Israel reported that in one of the hospital buildings, Hamas established a small government administration center with representatives of the government ministries, especially the ministries of education, interior, treasury and the police. On the day that Israeli forces entered the compound, Hamas was about to pay salaries to hundreds of its civil and military officials. Salaries range from $200 to hundreds of dollars.

The Islamic Jihad and Hamas issued a joint statement in Tehran containing four "basic" stipulations for any negotiation:
1. The end of the war.
2. The return of the population to the north of the Gaza Strip.
3. The introduction of aid to the Gaza Strip
4. The withdrawal of the IDF from the entire Gaza Strip.

Needless to say that this is the end of attempts to reach any deal before the planned maneuver into Rafah.

Amir on Telegram

Back