What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hamas militant group has started a war that ‘Israel will win,’ defense minister says

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Staff member
JERUSALEM (AP) — Palestinian militants in the Gaza Strip carried out an unprecedented infiltration Saturday into southern Israel, sending fighters across the border and firing thousands of rockets into the country as the ruling Hamas militant group announced the beginning of a new operation.

The Israeli military put the country on war alert and began striking targets in Gaza in response, setting the stage for what was likely to be a new heavy round of fighting between the bitter enemies. In a serious escalation, salvos of rockets fired from Gaza set off constant air raid sirens as far north as Jerusalem.

Videos posted on social media showed what appeared to be uniformed Palestinian gunmen inside the Israeli border town of Sderot.

Praying for Israel :pray: :pray: :pray:

Israel Declares 'Readiness for War' After Hamas Launches Rocket Barrage, Infiltration​

In a series of statements, the IDF said that the Hamas terrorist organization carried out a combined attack, including the firing of rockets and terrorist infiltrations into Israeli territory from the Gaza Strip, and pledged to defend Israeli civilians while promising Hamas terrorists will "pay a very heavy price" for their actions.

I hope it's alright to post this YouTube video with an update from Israel regarding this OP.

If it's not allowed, it can be taken down, but it has very important information that everyone needs to hear

I think this may lead to the Psalm 83 end times Prophetic war.

When we read Psalm 83 it's interesting how some of the words in these stanzas reflect on exact type of verbage that has come from the Palestinians about "wiping Israel off the map and exterminating Israel as a nation.

Example particularly in verse 4.
The nations involved in Psalm 83 war is listed and Phillistia is Palestine, and Hamas is a Palestinian..

Psalm 83:1-18

1 O God, do not keep silence;
do not hold your peace or be still, O God!
2 For behold, your enemies make an uproar;
those who hate you have raised their heads.
3 They lay crafty plans against your people;
they consult together against your treasured ones.
4 They say, “Come, let us wipe them out as a nation;
let the name of Israel be remembered no more!”
5 For they conspire with one accord;
against you they make a covenant—
6 the tents of Edom and the Ishmaelites,
Moab and the Hagrites,
7 Gebal and Ammon and Amalek,
Philistia with the inhabitants of Tyre;
8 Asshur also has joined them;
they are the strong arm of the children of Lot. Selah

This article below explains the Psalm 83 war and it looks like this sudden attack on Israel may be the start of this war. It's being reported this attack is the most profound attack in years by Hamas.

Excerpts from article:

"Bill Salus, the author of Isralestine, believes otherwise. He thinks the next great prophetic event in the Middle East will be a war between Israel and all the Arab nations that share a common border with it. Where does he get that idea? Who is going to win that war? And what will be the consequences? Bill has been kind enough to be interviewed and answer these questions.

Psalm 83 — issued by Asaph the Seer, enlist all of these specific populations that we are talking about. There are ten of them in total. In my book I have gone through and traced who they are because when Asaph wrote this prophecy he was speaking in vernacular of his time. He was talking about the Edomites and Philistians and Tyrians from Tyre. Who could he have been talking about?

It turns out he appears to have been talking about the Palestinian refugees — the Hamas, the Hezbollah. He talks about Assyria which would encompass Syria and part of Northern Iraq. He talks about the Hagarines which Dr. Arnold Fruchtenbaum and myself subscribe to being Hagar the matriarch of Egypt. She mothered Ishmael for Abraham, so we look at them as the Egyptians. Ismaelites, we look at them as the Saudi Arabians

If this Is the start of the Psalm 83 war, it's significant to how much closer we are to the Second coming of Jesus and more so the Rapture of the church before-hand.

Eschotology scholars believe this Psalm 83 war would be the precursor to the Gog of Magog Ezekiel 38 war and it's my understanding this Ezekiel 38 war would likely take place after the Rapture and within the "gap" period prior to the beginning of The Tribulation and ends during the Tribulation with Israel burying weapons for seven years.
This is exciting to see these Prophecies unfolding in our lifetime and see the soon appearing of our Lord Jesus to take His Bride Home to be with him forever.
PTL 🙌

This was posted one hour ago in discussion with Bill Salus regarding the significance of this recent attack on Israel.
It's an abrupt discussion in the middle of a Prophecy Watchers conference.

Eye opening discussion

If this Is the start of the Psalm 83 war, it's significant to how much closer we are to the Second coming of Jesus and more so the Rapture of the church before-hand.

Eschotology scholars believe this Psalm 83 war would be the precursor to the Gog of Magog Ezekiel 38 war and it's my understanding this Ezekiel 38 war would likely take place after the Rapture and within the "gap" period prior to the beginning of The Tribulation and ends during the Tribulation with Israel burying weapons for seven years.
This is exciting to see these Prophecies unfolding in our lifetime and see the soon appearing of our Lord Jesus to take His Bride Home to be with him forever.
PTL 🙌
It certainly does look like it could be the start of Ps 83, and I do wonder if they will end up evacuating Damascus in order to level the chemical weapons manufacturing/storage places there. I agree with you - although I’m upset at what’s happening, my eyeballs are popping out of my head at how close we may be.

Prime Minister Netenyahu has declared war!
This is an actual declaration of war, after ongoing attacks by Israel's adversaries for years, this is the first time Israel has declared war.......

Excerpts from article:

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Saturday declared war against Palestinian militants after they led a deadly, multi-front attack in his country that left at least 200 people dead.

Netanyahu said in a televised address he was mobilizing his forces for an extensive assault in Gaza after an attack from the Palestinian militant group Hamas “launched a murderous surprise attack against the state of Israel and its citizens.”

“We are at war — not in an operation or at rounds, but in a war,” the Israeli leader said. “The enemy will pay an unprecedented price. … We are at war and we will win it.”

More:

It certainly does look like it could be the start of Ps 83, and I do wonder if they will end up evacuating Damascus in order to level the chemical weapons manufacturing/storage places there. I agree with you - although I’m upset at what’s happening, my eyeballs are popping out of my head at how close we may be.
If this is Psalm 83 war that has begun, it will no doubt spill over into Syria and Israel will take out Damascus completely into ruins as described in Isaiah 17

A Prophecy Against Damascus​

17 A prophecy against Damascus:
“See, Damascus will no longer be a city
but will become a heap of ruins.
2 The cities of Aroer will be deserted
and left to flocks, which will lie down,
with no one to make them afraid.
3 The fortified city will disappear from Ephraim,
and royal power from Damascus;
the remnant of Aram will be
like the glory of the Israelites,”
declares the Lord Almighty.
Isaiah 17:1-3

Because Syria is an ally of Russia may very well lead to Ezekiel 38 Gog of Magog war, but very likely won't happen until after the Rapture of the church.
But we could see the destruction of Damascus.

If this is Psalm 83 war that has begun, it will no doubt spill over into Syria and Israel will take out Damascus completely into ruins as described in Isaiah 17

A Prophecy Against Damascus​

17 A prophecy against Damascus:
“See, Damascus will no longer be a city
but will become a heap of ruins.
2 The cities of Aroer will be deserted
and left to flocks, which will lie down,
with no one to make them afraid.
3 The fortified city will disappear from Ephraim,
and royal power from Damascus;
the remnant of Aram will be
like the glory of the Israelites,”
declares the Lord Almighty.
Isaiah 17:1-3

Because Syria is an ally of Russia may very well lead to Ezekiel 38 Gog of Magog war, but very likely won't happen until after the Rapture of the church.
But we could see the destruction of Damascus.
Either Israel will take out Damascus or God Himself.

IDF Spokesperson Predicts the World's Response as Israel Begins to Strike Back​

Conricus called the attack, which has killed more than 200 civilians thus far, “unprecedented,” but vowed that the Israeli response would be as well. The spokesperson noted, however, that the significant number of hostages the terrorists took will shape Israel’s response and “the future of this war.”

While central and southern Israel faced a barrage of more than 3,000 rocket attacks, the Iron Dome defense system prevented a number of casualties. Instead, the high death count came largely as a result of the close-contact executions.

“That’s usually the stage when the world starts to count Palestinian deaths and lecture us about humanity and the use of force,” he said. “Let me remind everybody how this started: It started with the butchering and the cold-blooded execution of Israeli civilians by Hamas—unprovoked…”

Whatever happens in the next stage of the war, the blood will be on Hamas’ hands, he said, “they are responsible.”

Report: U.S. Weapons from Afghanistan Ended up with Palestinian Groups Operating in the Gaza Strip​

A claim in a news report that American weapons seized in Afghanistan have ended up in the hands of Palestinian groups operating in the Gaza Strip has taken on renewed significance after Hamas, a Palestinian terrorist group, launched an attack on Israel on Saturday.

According to a Newsweek report published in June, an Israeli commander said some of the US. small arms seized in Afghanistan have already been observed in the hands of Palestinian groups operating in the Gaza Strip.

The report began recirculating on social media, amid accusations that the Biden administration funded Hamas’s terrorist attack on Israel by releasing $6 billion in frozen funds to Iran, the main backer of Hamas.

Israel Defense Forces Rescue 48 Hostages from Kibbutz Dining Hall​

Dozens of people were held hostage earlier on Saturday in the kibbutz dining hall for Horus. However, Israel Defense Forces engaged in a gun battle with the Palestinian terrorists who infiltrated the Kibbutz region in southern Israel.

The terrorists who were holding the hostages were reportedly neutralized. At least 48 people were rescued from the hostage situation.

Back