What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thoughts from my heart

December 27, 2023

Happy Wednesday,

Choose To Walk In The Light

“I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” - John 8:12 NIV

We can choose to walk in the light of God. We can choose to follow God and walk-in His path. Sadly we often, get side-stepped into paths that lead us astray. We often choose our will over God’s will.

Walking in God’s will often requires sacrifice. Giving up our will for God’s will is not always easy. Yet we will always find God’s will is the best. God did not call us to an easy life but to a holy life.

Some day we will walk with God on streets of Gold, where there is no sadness of pain. Until then let us seek God’s will, in all that we do.

Revelation 21:21

The twelve gates were twelve pearls: each individual gate was of one pearl. And the street of the city was pure gold, like transparent glass.

Pray for Israel. Pray for lost souls.

Maranatha,

Betty

Revelation 22:20

I Am Coming Quickly

He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming quickly.” Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!

December 28, 2023

Happy Thursday,

Thinking Outloud

Sometimes when I cannot sleep, I lie in bed and think about past decisions that I have made. I wonder how my life would have been if I had made different choices.

I often think it would be nice if God had shown us the different choices we had and what the results would be in advance. This would allow us to make wiser choices.

This is not how God made us. He wanted us to choose for ourselves. God loves so much that when we make unwise choices, if we seek His help He will guide us and be with us.

We can seek God’s will and guidance before we make a choice before we make a decision, but ultimately we have to decide. Whatever path we choose if we trust God, He will never abandon us.

Hebrews 9:27

King James Version

27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

If we choose to reject salvation through Christ, we cannot change that decision after death. We must choose salvation before we die.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming quickly.” Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!

December 29, 2023

Happy Friday,

Live In The Present

If you are like me, you spend many hours thinking about the past mistakes you have made. Wondering if you how you could have done things differently. Mentally punishing yourself for past mistakes.

If that is not enough stress, we can spend hours worrying about what could happen in the future. We cannot change the past and we have little control over the future.

We must focus on the present. We only control the actions of today. If we focus on pleasing God, we are so much better off. Living for God is gathering rewards in Heaven. God help us to seek His will today.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

December 30, 2023

Happy Saturday,

“Promise #364:

I will guide you to the very end, for I will be your God.

Psalm 48:14 (WEB)

For this God is our God forever and ever.

He will be our guide even to death.”

We do not know what tomorrow will bring. Yet, we know who will be with us today and tomorrow. Our Heavenly Father will walk with us and never abandon us.

There are things we go through that only God knows about. There are trials that we can only share with God. Yet, who better to share our trials with than our Creator?

We can find peace in the storms of life, when we seek comfort and protection in the arms of God. We may have times of depression. There are times that we struggle just to survive but STILL, God is with us. Never forget that!

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

January 1, 2024

Happy Monday,

Happy New Year

Last night we closed the book on 2023. Today we open the book to a new year. 2023 in many ways was a hard year. The economy was awful. So many families were affected by crime and hardships.

We have no idea what this year holds. But we can still be at peace, because God knows the future and will be with us every step we take. He will guide us, if we listen to the Holy Spirit. We can look forward to the future knowing whatever happens we can put our complete trust in our Heavenly Father.

Pray for Israel. Pray for the hostages to be released. Pray for lost souls to find salvation in Christ.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

We can still be at peace, because God knows the future and will be with us every step we take. He will guide us, if we listen to the Holy Spirit. We can look forward to the future knowing whatever happens we can put our complete trust in our Heavenly Father.

Pray for Israel. Pray for the hostages to be released. Pray for lost souls to find salvation in Christ.

Maranatha,
AMEN Betty! Happy New Year and may this be the year we go up in the Rapture!

January 2, 2023

Happy Tuesday,

Give In, Then Move On

Christmas was hard. We were both sick and depressed. Christmas is still hard without our son and being sick made it worse. Our daughter was out of state with her daughter. We did not want to make anyone else sick so we were by ourselves. There will be times in life when we fall into depression.

It is not a sin to be depressed. The important thing is not to stay there. Allow yourself to grieve and then move on. Grieving is not something you move on completely. There will be times when grief hits you out of nowhere.

Seek comfort from God, remember past memories, and allow yourself to mourn. The closer we get to God, the more we can find peace even in bad times.

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18

New King James Version

The Comfort of Christ’s Coming

13 But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen [a]asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.

15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are [c]asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.

As Christians, we know we will see our saved loved ones again. We do mourn their loss and miss them so much but we we do have hope for a glorious reunion in Heaven someday.

Pray for the people of Israel. Pray for salvation for lost souls.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

January 3, 2023

Happy Wednesday,

New Beginnings

We often begin a new year by making New Year Resolutions. Let us begin this year, by seeking to know God more. We know God more, by reading His Holy Word and prayer.

We have to make an effort to know God better. We have to make an effort to live a holy life. With the help of God, we can grow in grace and holiness this year.

Pray for the people of Israel. Pray for lost souls.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

January 4, 2023

Happy Thursday,

Live By Faith

“For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, ‘The just shall live by faith.’”
Romans 1:16-17

It is sad, when Christians are ashamed of God’s Word. When they are embarrassed when Scriptures about sin are read. A sinner must confess their sins to God to be saved.

You must know that you are in need of a Savior in order to admit that you are a sinner. When we become more concerned about hurting people than speaking the truth, we are in spiritual danger.

Do not hide from the truth of the Gospel. Speak the truth in love. A person must lay aside their pride and admit they are a sinner in order to be saved. Salvation is too important for us to be more concerned about being politically correct than speaking the truth.

Romans 3:23

New King James Version

23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God

We are born into this world sinners, but Jesus offers us redemption if we are willing admit that we are sinners and accept Him as God of our lives.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

January 5, 2024

Happy Friday,

God Chose Us

“Promise #5:

I chose you to be adopted into My family before creation.

Ephesians 1:4-5 (WEB)

4 even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and without blemish before him in love; 5 having predestined us for adoption as children through Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his desire,”

We are not accidentally saved. God chose us before we were even created. We may wander from time to time, but in God’s great love for us, He always calls us Home.

Do not take for granted salvation. Salvation is the greatest gift ever. Salvation will never decay. Our salvation will last throughout eternity.

Let us never forget to praise God for such a wonderous gift. What a mighty God we serve!

Pray for the people of Israel. Pray for lost souls,

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

January 6, 2024

Happy Saturday,

Read God’s Holy Word Daily

“If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” (John 8:31-32 NIV)
People—friends—can help you to survive, but God's help lets you live in pure freedom!
That's why it's so important for me to say to you today: Don't treat the Bible like you treat medicine. Don't just put it in the closet. We often wait for God to speak to us but do not open the Bible”

Let us make 2024 the year that we read God’s Word daily. May the Holy Bible become as important to us as eating food. After all just as food is for the body, God’s Word is good for our souls.

We must make time in our daily lives for reading the Bible. Regular Bible reading does not happen by accident. God talks to us through His Holy Word.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

Lord

Standing on the Promises | Russell K. Carter

Promise

Report Error | << | >>

Standing on the Promises
Russell K. Carter, pub.1886
copyright status is Public Domain

Subjects: Promise, Faith
Scripture: 2 Peter 1:2-4; Hebrews 10:23
Standing on the Promises [.xml]
Russell K. Carter, pub.1886
copyright status is Public Domain

Key: B♭
Meter: 11.11.11.9 R

Learn about music formats...
view sheet music [.pdf] [.sib]
play midi [.mid]
This song in other languages:
.pdf Deutsch (German)
.pdf Pусский (Russian)
1 Standing on the promises of Christ my King,
Through eternal ages let His praises ring,
Glory in the highest, I will shout and sing,
Standing on the promises of God.
◦ Refrain:
Standing, standing,
Standing on the promises of God my Savior;
Standing, standing,
I’m standing on the promises of God.
2 Standing on the promises that cannot fail,
When the howling storms of doubt and fear assail,
By the living Word of God I shall prevail,
3 Standing on the promises I now can see
Perfect, present cleansing in the blood for me;
Standing in the liberty where Christ makes free,
4 Standing on the promises of Christ the Lord,
Bound to Him eternally by love’s strong cord,
Overcoming daily with the Spirit’s sword,
5 Standing on the promises I cannot fall,
List’ning every moment to the Spirit’s call,
Resting in my Savior as my all in all,
Standing on the promises of God

January 8, 2024

Happy Monday,

Seek God First

Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.
Matthew 6:33

We can get so caught up with day-to-day living that God becomes an afterthought in our lives. We do so much better, when we begin the day with prayer and Thanksgiving.

Not only do we remind ourselves that God is with us, but we are showing honor to our Heavenly Father. We want God to watch over us all the time and yet we often lose sight of Him. Let us strive to keep our focus on God, each day.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

Yet, in the midst of our suffering, we can remind ourselves that God is with us. Many times God uses fellow Christians to encourage us. The kindness of others can give us that boost we need to keep trusting in God and to continue on in our work for the glory of God.

As we continue in our walk with God let us pray for others who also are walking in dark times. May God help us be a light of encouragement to others.
:cheer:

We can get so caught up with day-to-day living that God becomes an afterthought in our lives. We do so much better, when we begin the day with prayer and Thanksgiving.

Not only do we remind ourselves that God is with us, but we are showing honor to our Heavenly Father. We want God to watch over us all the time and yet we often lose sight of Him. Let us strive to keep our focus on God, each day
Amen sister, keep these daily posts coming.

January 10, 2024

Happy Wednesday,

We Will See God

In my flesh I shall see God.

Even Job knew that he would see God. Every person will see God. We will either be taken in the rapture to see God as His child or stand before Him at the White Throne of Judgment as a sinner.

We choose which way we will stand before God. The time to decide when we are alive. After our death, it is too late to get saved. We cannot pray deceased people into Heaven. Everyone must choose for themselves, in their lifetime.

We can and should pray for lost souls. Pray that they will accept Jesus as their Savior before it is too late. The Rapture will happen soon. The Bible says that today is the day of salvation. We must not keep putting salvation off. When we do not accept Jesus as our Savior, then we are refusing salvation. There is no middle ground.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

Back