What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thoughts from my heart

November 18, 2023

Happy Saturday,

Preferring Evil Over Good

Isaiah 5:20 ESV

Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.

The November election has passed and many Democrats won. It is not that they won that is upsetting but the reason why. The news outlets pointed out that they won because the majority of people want the freedom to have an abortion.

We can try to deny that abortion is murder, but when a pregnant woman has an abortion, the baby’s heartbeat ceases. Everyone says that it is my body, my choice. What about the baby’s choice to exist?

I felt no anger about the results of the election, only sadness. Sadness that our Country has fallen so low. Sadness that an unborn baby can be considered an inconvenience.

2 Timothy 3:1-7

New King James Version

Perilous Times and Perilous Men

3 But know this, that in the last days [a]perilous times will come: 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, 4 traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away! 6 For of this sort are those who creep into households and make captives of gullible women loaded down with sins, led away by various lusts, 7 always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

We cannot change a world that is running as fast as it can into sin. We can pray for individuals to come to know Jesus and be saved. We can share the truth of the Gospel. Fear not but put your trust completely in God and worship Him in Spirit and truth.

Pray for Israel.

Maranatha,

Betty

November 20, 2023

Happy Monday,

Redemption

You have taken up my cause, O Lord; you have redeemed my life.

The devil likes to remind us of every mistake we have made in our lifetime. He wants us to feel worthless. Yet, when we are saved through the blood of Jesus Christ we are redeemed by the precious blood of Jesus our Savior and Lord.

Our past is not a badge of honor but a showcase of the redemptive power of God. Our testimony should be that we found salvation through the sacrifice of Christ’s death and resurrection. If there be any honor, let it be on Jesus, who made the great sacrifice to save us from an eternity in hell.

God forbid, that we should ever be ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus, without there would be no salvation nor redemption of souls. Let us stand firm in our faith even in these days when many have rejected the truth of the Gospel and have chosen a different gospel that will not save anyone from hell.

Mark 8:38

New International Version

38 If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them when he comes in his Father’s glory with the holy angels.”

John 1:1-5

New King James Version

The Eternal Word

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not [a]comprehend it.

Pray for lost souls. Pray for Israel.

Maranatha,

Betty

November 22, 2023

Happy Wednesday,

Be Patient in Waiting

Daily Prayer for November 22
CHRISTOPH FRIEDRICH BLUMHARDT
“Be patient, then, my brothers, until the Lord comes. See how patient a farmer is as he waits for his land to produce precious crops. He waits patiently for the autumn and spring rains. James 5:7, TEV
Lord Jesus, hear our prayer and reveal your hand in our days. May those things be done that bring your future nearer and that let the world see you as the Savior who can lead us to our Father. Bless your Word within us. May our hearts be strengthened, and may we always live in your presence. We draw our life from your Word, from your promise, and we set our hope on you, our Lord and Savior. Show your might, Lord Jesus, and carry out the will of God over all the world, so that we may rejoice when we see God's glory appear and his will being done on earth as in heaven. Amen.”

Between having a loved one who is losing hope that Jesus is coming back in his lifetime and listening to a ‘preacher’ saying the rapture is not happening now because Christians are not sending enough money to the telethon, it is obvious many are becoming impatient that the rapture has not already happened.

Contrary to what many believe God has a plan for when the rapture is going to happen. While we pray for the soon return of Jesus, we cannot force His hand. Our job is to trust God and believe in the rapture.

God’s plan is always best. When we trust God, we will realize that. The more we trust God, the more at peace we will be. God is sending Jesus back for us soon. We can trust in that. Let us keep our faith in God and trust His timing.

Pray for Israel

Maranatha,

Betty

November 23, 2023

Happy Thursday,

Happy Thanksgiving

We are celebrating Thanksgiving tomorrow, so today is a lonely day for us and yet it is also a day of reflection. It still will be hard for us not to have our son with us and of course even more so for his wife and child.

There are many today who have missing children and or mates from their tables. So many unanswered questions of why, floating through our minds.

Let us be honest, being told God knows best does not take away the pain. Yet, we know God does know best.

We know there is coming a day when we will be sitting at the Marriage Table of the Lamb. There will be no tears and no pain. Until then we can take courage that God has not abandoned us. We can walk without fear, knowing the end is the best.

Pray for Israel.

Maranatha,

Betty

Revelation 19:6-9

English Standard Version

The Marriage Supper of the Lamb

6 Then I heard what seemed to be the voice of a great multitude, like the roar of many waters and like the sound of mighty peals of thunder, crying out,

“Hallelujah!
For the Lord our God
the Almighty reigns.

7 Let us rejoice and exult
and give him the glory,
for the marriage of the Lamb has come,
and his Bride has made herself ready;

8 it was granted her to clothe herself
with fine linen, bright and pure”—

for the fine linen is the righteous deeds of the saints.

9 And the angel said[a] to me, “Write this:

Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb.” And he said to me, “These are the true words of God.”

November 23, 2023

Happy Thursday,

Happy Thanksgiving

We are celebrating Thanksgiving, tomorrow so today is a lonely day for us and yet it is also a day of reflection. It still will be hard for us not to have our son with us and of course even more so for his wife and child.

There are many today who have missing children and or mates from their tables. So many unanswered questions of why, floating through our minds.

Let us be honest, being told God knows best does not take away the pain. Yet, we know God does know best.

We know there is coming a day when we will be sitting at the Marriage Table of the Lamb. There will be no tears and no pain. Until then we can take courage that God has not abandoned us. We can walk without fear, knowing the end is the best.

Pray for Israel.

Maranatha,

Betty

Revelation 19:6-9

English Standard Version

The Marriage Supper of the Lamb

6 Then I heard what seemed to be the voice of a great multitude, like the roar of many waters and like the sound of mighty peals of thunder, crying out,

“Hallelujah!
For the Lord our God
the Almighty reigns.

7 Let us rejoice and exult
and give him the glory,
for the marriage of the Lamb has come,
and his Bride has made herself ready;

8 it was granted her to clothe herself
with fine linen, bright and pure”—

for the fine linen is the righteous deeds of the saints.

9 And the angel said[a] to me, “Write this:

Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb.” And he said to me, “These are the true words of God.”
Dear One, the shortest verse in the Bible is "Jesus wept" and it comes when He learns of His friend's death and sees the pain of those loved ones still here. He knows the sorrow, and feels it with us, even as we don't understand why. I don't really understand why. He is still there even in the pain. For me, the comfort isn't the removal of the pain of loss, although He could do that. It's His presence in the midst of the storm, and the knowledge that He hurts for my hurt. There is a reason for it. Someday we will understand.

------

Reading your words everyday are such a blessing to me.

November 18, 2023

Happy Saturday,

Preferring Evil Over Good

Isaiah 5:20 ESV

Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.

The November election has passed and many Democrats won. It is not that they won that is upsetting but the reason why. The news outlets pointed out that they won because the majority of people want the freedom to have an abortion.

We can try to deny that abortion is murder, but when a pregnant woman has an abortion, the baby’s heartbeat ceases. Everyone says that it is my body, my choice. What about the baby’s choice to exist?

I felt no anger about the results of the election, only sadness. Sadness that our Country has fallen so low. Sadness that an unborn baby can be considered an inconvenience.

2 Timothy 3:1-7

New King James Version

Perilous Times and Perilous Men

3 But know this, that in the last days [a]perilous times will come: 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, 4 traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away! 6 For of this sort are those who creep into households and make captives of gullible women loaded down with sins, led away by various lusts, 7 always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

We cannot change a world that is running as fast as it can into sin. We can pray for individuals to come to know Jesus and be saved. We can share the truth of the Gospel. Fear not but put your trust completely in God and worship Him in Spirit and truth.

Pray for Israel.

Maranatha,

Betty
Betty you are such an inspiration with your blogs "Thoughts from the heart." I look forward to your morning insights.

November 25, 2023

Happy Saturday,

Faith

Faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1

We cannot see the gates of Heaven. We cannot see our loved ones who have passed on. Yet, by faith, we believe in the promises of God, though unseen.

It is faith that helps us to step out in a new direction, make a move across the Country, or take that new job. It is faith that gets us through when death touches our families.

Faith gives us hope. Faith allows us to trust God when we do not understand why things happen. The more we trust God, the stronger our faith grows. Let us, not give up so close to victory.

Pray for Israel.

Maranatha,

Betty

Betty, your blog is NOT a waste of time in any way. It is a great source of encouragement to everybody who reads it. You have no idea how many people have been blessed and helped through the Words you write. They are truly anointed by the Holy Spirit and garrett by God.

Don't allow yourself to be discouraged by Satan's voice speaking through your husband. Your hubby cannot see what we see. He can't help that. We will pray for him.

As far as there being no need for you to read your Bible since you have already read it, my answer would be as follows-- The Bible says that we live by God's Word. It is our daily bread. Having eaten a meal in the past does that mean we never need to eat again? Of course not. The dinner we ate last week or last month will not sustain us today. We need our daily food. So, too, we need our daily "bread". Each day we need the spiritual strength we gain from it, just as we need the physical strength we get from our daily meals. Keep patiently loving your husband, Betty and try not to let his negative words and attitude discourage you or even hurt you. He cannot help it. Keep praying for him...IN FAITH! And we will join you. God will resolve this situation. :pray: :pray:

November 26, 2023

Blessed Sunday,

Give Thanks

“Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” (1 Thessalonians 5:16–17)

Sometimes it is hard to give thanks to God. When we do, we open our hearts to be filled with the peace of God. God never promised a perfect life. He has only promised to never abandon us.

A thankful heart will find joy in the little blessings from God. When we are thankful we will be able to see that we are truly blessed by God.

Pray for Israel.

Maranatha,

Betty

November 27, 2023

Happy Monday,

Rest

Matthew 11:28

New King James Version

28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

We can be physically, or emotionally, or spiritually tired. There are times when we are all three. Jesus tells us to go to Him for rest. There are things we go through that only God knows. There are times when we are so overwhelmed that only God’s love for us keeps us going.

The devil tempts us to lose our faith in God and to give up. God calls us to His side, so that He can shine His love upon us. Keep on trusting God even when it feels like we are losing the race. Surely, my friends, there is victory ahead.

Pray for Israel.

Maranatha,

Betty

November 28, 2023

Happy Tuesday,

Be Mindful of the Times

“Daily Prayer for November 28
CHRISTOPH FRIEDRICH BLUMHARDT
Watch, then, because you do not know when the master of the house is coming – it might be in the evening or at midnight or before dawn or at sunrise. If he comes suddenly, he must not find you asleep. What I say to you, then, I say to all: Watch! Mark 13:35–37, TEV
Lord Jesus, our Savior, we look upward to heaven, for you will come from heaven in the glory of the Father. May we remain true to our calling, watching and praying every day and every hour, waiting for you, who will bring into order everything on earth. Bless us and bless our land. Grant us the joy to see you working through your servants toward the salvation of the peoples. Be with us and bless us. May your living Word work in our hearts so that every Sunday, every festival, and every day from now on may be a day of joy. Protect us. Bless us. May your name be praised in our hearts! Amen.”

We should be mindful of the days that we live in. Seeking more than ever to please our Heavenly Father. Seeking not to please man over God. Worshipping God with our whole hearts and minds. Reminding ourselves that our redemption is coming soon. Trusting in God in good and bad times.

Rejoicing in the goodness of God.

Pray for Israel.

Maranatha,

Betty

Philippians 4:4-9

New King James Version

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!

5 Let your [a]gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.

6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Meditate on These Things

8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things arelovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. 9 The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you.

Back