What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thoughts from my heart

Thank you so much. My husband says my blog is a waste of time.
Betty
We just have to forgive him Betty, and pray for him, it hurts all of us that he says such things about your gift to all of us who read and enjoy your blog. Sometimes people say or do things that cause hurt, hubs is not mindful of his thoughts or words, we'll all pray and keep praying for him to not be so influenced by his friends or what the enemy whispers , and you just keep on listening to the Holy Spirit so we can keep being blessed dear sister :hug:

November 30, 2023

Happy Thursday,

What Would Jesus Think?

Years ago it was popular to wear bracelets with WWJD on them. I think we should be more concerned about what would Jesus thinks about what we say and do.

I used to put a lot of stock in what people thought of me. I often spent hours after a gathering going over in my head about what I had said. Then I gave up being a people-pleaser and thought I would just do my best and not worry.

Now I am beginning to think we are better off if we become Jesus-pleasers. Seeking to say and do what would please Jesus. We should do our best to honor God in all that we say and do. God’s opinion of our lives should be the most important thing in our lives. May we honor God in all that we do and say!

Pray for Israel!

Maranatha,

Betty

Colossians 1:10

so that you will walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, to please Him in all respects, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God;

1 John 3:22 - And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

Romans 12:2 - And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Romans 12:1-2 - I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

Psalms 19:14 - Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Mark 12:33 - And to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.

I appreciate all the encouragement. My husband says that my blog is a waste of time and I do not need to read the Bible anymore because I have already read it. I believe it is his dementia talking, but it still hurts my feelings.
Betty
Betty of all the things that happened over the last few months, the one that hurt the worst was not being able to come in and read what you posted, take it to heart, and really hear the Holy Spirit encourage me thru your faithful words.

There were 4 threads I tried to never miss. Even if I was gone a few days.

Your thread, the earthquake thread, what's for dinner thread and What are you doing today thread. Only the earthquake thread survived. Sadly those 4 were why I enjoyed posting so much. I was among friends. That I trust.

While I missed the fellowship on the dinner and what are you doing today thread, the one that cut the deepest was not being able to read what you wrote. I kept praying for you and your husband (you and a few others are in my permanent nightly prayers) and when fellowship was restored over here, I was thankful but kept praying that you'd find your way over. When you did, and when you started up posting again I was overjoyed.

Your husband doesn't understand. And it IS his dementia talking.

Betty dear heart please know that your writing is incredibly VALUABLE, precious and encouraging and uplifting to the Body of Christ!!! You are doing exactly what Christ wants you to do. Functioning as part of the Body. Till He calls us home.

MUCH MUCH LOVE
Margery

November 30, 2023

Happy Thursday,

What Would Jesus Think?

Years ago it was popular to wear bracelets with WWJD on them. I think we should be more concerned about what would Jesus thinks about what we say and do.

I used to put a lot of stock in what people thought of me. I often spent hours after a gathering going over in my head about what I had said. Then I gave up being a people-pleaser and thought I would just do my best and not worry.

Now I am beginning to think we are better off if we become Jesus-pleasers. Seeking to say and do what would please Jesus. We should do our best to honor God in all that we say and do. God’s opinion of our lives should be the most important thing in our lives. May we honor God in all that we do and say!

Pray for Israel!

Maranatha,

Betty

Colossians 1:10

so that you will walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, to please Him in all respects, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God;

1 John 3:22 - And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

Romans 12:2 - And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Romans 12:1-2 - I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

Psalms 19:14 - Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Mark 12:33 - And to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.
Big Hug sister 🫂
You're a Jewel 💎😇❤️

December 3, 2023

Happy Monday,

We Are Made By God

“Promise #338:

You are fearfully and wonderfully made.

Psalm 139:14 (WEB)

I will give thanks to you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.

Your works are wonderful. My soul knows that very well.”

Saturday we had our family’s Christmas party because my daughter will be visiting her daughter out of state. I had a very nice time at the party, but I missed my deceased son very much.

I have to remind myself that God made me and my son. My son is with God. One day I will join my son in Heaven. For now my job is to please God with my life here on earth. Losing a child can make a person want to give up. Yet I am blessed to still have my daughter and my son’s wife.

This month let us be thankful for the sacrifice God made to purchase our salvation and to trust God even when we do not understand His ways.

Pray for Israel.

Maranatha,

Betty

December 5, 2023

Happy Tuesday,

God Fulfilled His Promise

“Prophecy - “For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace” (Isaiah 9:6).

“The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners” (Isaiah 61:1).

Fulfillment – Christ Himself fulfilled these scriptures.

"The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free” (Luke 4:18).”

God fulfilled His promise to send a Savior in to the world. Surely, we can believe His promise to return for us and take us to Heaven. We need not fear that we will never see our Christian loved ones again.

God’s promises our sure and true. For now our loved ones who are deceased are for from us, but those who had trusted God for salvation, we can know with certainty that they are with our Heavenly Father.

We know that they are experiencing the glories of Heaven and are at peace and their hearts are filled with a Heavenly joy that is beyond our ability to understand. Yet, our hope is as certain and true as we put our complete trust in God and His promises.

Pray for Israel.

Maranatha,

Betty

Betty your morning blessing today reminds me of a beautiful song Andrea and I listen to about the the fact that, in the midst of the pain of loss, we have great comfort knowing our loved one is in heaven. Here's the link--

Here are the lyrics:

I’m not going to lie.
Christmas really hurts this time
Cause you’re not here to celebrate with me.
Tears fill my eyes.
And memories flood my mind,
As I place your ornament upon our tree.
Although this year I have a broken heart,
It gives me hope and joy as I remember where you are.

You’re with the Son of God.
You’re with the Prince of Peace.
You’re with the one we’re celebrating
And that thought amazes me.
Sometimes I still break down,
Grieving that we’re apart,
But the sweetest gift is knowing where you are.

Got your picture in a frame
And a stocking with your name.
Oh God knows it’s been hard letting go.
And I can’t bring you back,
But I’ll see you again.
And oh, that thought is healing to my soul.
I’ll miss making angels with you in the snow.
I guess instead you will be singing with them
All around God’s throne.

And I know the Christmas season
Was your favorite time of year.
You loved to help us decorate our tree.
But now that you’re with Jesus,
I can’t imagine how you feel
Cause He’s the one who bled and died
Upon the tree for you and me.

You’re with the Prince of Peace.
You’re with the one we’re celebrating
And that thought amazes me.
Sometimes I still break down,
Grieving that we’re apart,
But the sweetest gift is knowing where you are.

Thank you so much. I will share this with his wife, too
Betty

December 6, 2023

Happy Tuesday,

The Lord is Our Shepherd

“Promise #340:

As a shepherd carries a lamb, I have carried you close to My heart.

Isaiah 40:11 (WEB)

He will feed his flock like a shepherd.

He will gather the lambs in his arm, and carry them in his bosom.

He will gently lead those who have their young.”

We do not always realize that God is with us. Often we are in too much stress to feel His presence. Our lack of knowledge of our situation does not diminish the presence of God in our lives.

It is faith in God, that allows us to glimpse His presence in times of grief and great storms that seek to overcome us. We cannot always rejoice in our circumstances but we are called to trust God in all circumstances.

Seek the face of God and call out to Him, even when we are in the midst of overwhelming storms. God will make Himself known to us when we do. We may not understand God’s will, but we can trust Him in all things.

Pray for Israel.

Maranatha,

Betty

December 7, 2023

Happy Thursday

What does the Bible say about Without Repentance There Is No Remission?

Without Repentance There Is No Remission Of Sins

Acts 2:38 ESV /

And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Acts 3:19 ESV / 13

Repent therefore, and turn back, that your sins may be blotted out,

Acts 17:30 ESV /

The times of ignorance God overlooked, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent,

Luke 24:47 ESV /

And that repentance for the forgiveness of sins should be proclaimed in his name to all nations, beginning from Jerusalem.

Luke 13:3 ESV /

No, I tell you; but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish.

2 Corinthians 7:10

New International Version

10 Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death.

There is no salvation, without repentance. We must lay aside our pride. We must admit our sins and repent to God. Even as children of God, there are times that we need to repent when we sin. Repentance heals our relationship with God. Let us not be so prideful that we refuse to repent, when we sin.

Pray for Israel.

Maranatha,

Betty

December 8, 2023

Happy Friday,

Giving God Pleasure

Psalm 147:11

New King James Version

11 The Lord takes pleasure in those who fear Him,
In those who hope in His mercy.

How marvelous it is to know we are giving pleasure to our Heavenly Father. God gives everything to us including the breath we breathe. We have infirmities and our daily struggles, yet we know God is always with us.

We are not always as grateful to God as we should be. This is something we need to work on. Let us offer up praises to God daily and seek to do His will.

Pray for America. Pray for Israel. Pray for lost souls.

Maranatha,

Betty

October 9, 2023

Happy Saturday,

Heaven Is Real

Revelations 22

Jesus Testifies to the Churches

12 “And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the [f]Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.”

14 Blessed are those who [g]do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. 15 [h]But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.

16 “I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things in the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star.”

17 And the Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let him who hears say, “Come!” And let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely.

People have many different views of Heaven. Some believe Heaven does not exist. Some people believe all good people go to Heaven. The Bible makes it clear that none of us are good enough for Heaven. It is only those who have been washed in the blood of Jesus that will enter Heaven.

We must lay aside our pride and surrender ourselves to God. There is no sin that is worth missing Heaven, for. There is no sin worth going to hell for. Let us lay aside our stubborn will and be willing to live for the God who made us. Seek forgiveness from God and live in His righteousness.

Romans 3:23

for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Romans 10:9-10

King James Version

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Ephesians 1:7

In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace

Come to Jesus and be saved. Pray for Israel. Pray for lost souls.

Maranatha

Betty

December 10, 2023

Blessed Sunday,

Soon We Will Be With The Lord

1 Thessalonians 4:17

17 Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord.

Soon we will lay aside these bodies of clay and put on our immortal bodies. We will see Jesus face to face. We will be able to thank Him for our marvelous gift of salvation.

The Rapture is not a pipe dream. It is our hope for an eternity with our Heavenly Father. We can not even imagine the glories and the beauties that await us.

For now, we worship who we have not seen, but one day we will worship at the feet of the One who made the ultimate sacrifice to give to us the gift of salvation.

Pray for Israel. Pray for lost souls.

Maranatha,

Betty

1 Angel voices breathing ever,

Songs of praise to God on high,

Thro’ the gates of light and glory,

Call us now from yonder sky.

Refrain:

Come and worship, come and worship,

Worship Christ our Lord and king;

Come and worship, come and worship,

Worship Christ our Lord and king.

2 O’er the lovely realm of nature

By her sparkling fountains clear,

Thro’ the forest and the valley,

Still the earnest call we hear. [Refrain]

3 When the morning in its beauty

Wakes the earth from sleep profound,

In the music of the song bird

We can hear the grateful sound. [Refrain]

4 In the whisper of the twilight,

When the zephyrs murmur low,

In the sighing of the leaflet,

We can hear where’er we go. [Refrain]

5 Come and worship our creator,

Him whose mercy we adore;

Come and worship our Redeemer,

Sing and praise forevermore. [Refrain]

Source: The Cyber Hymnal #8053

December 8, 2023

Happy Friday,

Giving God Pleasure

Psalm 147:11

New King James Version

11 The Lord takes pleasure in those who fear Him,
In those who hope in His mercy.

How marvelous it is to know we are giving pleasure to our Heavenly Father. God gives everything to us including the breath we breathe. We have infirmities and our daily struggles, yet we know God is always with us.

We are not always as grateful to God as we should be. This is something we need to work on. Let us offer up praises to God daily and seek to do His will.

Pray for America. Pray for Israel. Pray for lost souls.

Maranatha,

Betty
That is such an amazing thought that we bring pleasure to God our Father. Thank you as always Betty!

December 12, 2023

Happy Tuesday,

HOPE

This season, of Christmas, renews hope in the hearts of many. Sadly, many have abandoned their faith in Jesus, and even some Churches have gone astray.

I saw a picture of a Christmas tree in a ‘Church’ that had pictures of drag queens on their tree. Celebrating sin, right in the Church. God forbid that true children of God would attend such a Church.

Jesus died to save sinners from sin. He did not die so that Churches could embrace sin. True redemption is seeking forgiveness for our sins and then turning away from sin.

There is hope of Heaven for those who lay aside their sinful ways and live for Jesus. There is no sin that is worth spending eternity in hell.

Pray for Israel. Pray for lost souls.

Maranatha,

Betty

Ephesians 5:9

New King James Version

9 (for the fruit of the [a]Spirit is in all goodness, righteousness, and truth),

Proverbs 4:11

I have directed you in the way of wisdom;

I have led you in upright paths

Proverbs 2:20

So you will walk in the way of good men

And keep to the paths of the righteous.

Psalm 16:11

You will make known to me the path of life;

In Your presence is fullness of joy;

In Your right hand there are pleasures forever.

Acts 2:28

‘You have made known to me the ways of life;

You will make me full of gladness with Your presence.’

Psalm 25:4

Make me know Your ways, O Lord;

Teach me Your paths.

Psalm 119:35

Make me walk in the path of Your commandments,

For I delight I it.

Back