What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thoughts from my heart

When We Do Not Know What To Say

There are times that we are a loss for words. A friend or loved one talks to us about a problem, and we just do not know what to say. Truth, is that is okay. Sometimes people are not looking for answers.

They want someone to love on them. To hold their hand and pray for them. Being there for others is not always about giving our opinion but about us standing in the gap with them and praying for them.
What wisdom in these words!!!

May 17, 2024

Happy Friday,

Hold On To Your Faith, In God

Daily Prayer for May 17
CHRISTOPH FRIEDRICH BLUMHARDT
“Let us, then, hold firmly to the faith we profess. For we have a great High Priest who has gone into the very presence of God - Jesus, the Son of God. Our High Priest is not one who cannot feel sympathy for our weaknesses. On the contrary, we have a High Priest who was tempted in every way that we are, but did not sin. Hebrews 4:14-15, TEV
Dear Father in heaven, we look to Jesus Christ, who is at your right hand, through whom you have promised help for the whole world. Unite us with him so that we may receive authority to help all people according to your will. May your name be kept holy among us, for your children have every reason to rejoice in the Savior you have given them. We thank you for everything you have shown to those who believe in you. We pray to you, hasten the time when your day shall come with glory, the day when you will give the glory to Jesus Christ, when he will reign and triumph over all evil and bring the peace you have always wanted to give the world. We wait and long for this.”Amen

We must choose to stand firm in our faith. God is not going to force us. It must be something we choose to do. When we love God with all our hearts, we will want to please Him.

God does not have Sunday- only children. Nor does God have children who only come to Him during bad times. Either we are all in or we are not His.

Serve the Lord with all your heart and worship Him daily.

Pray for the children of Israel. Pray for lost souls.

Maranatha,

Betty

Revelation 22:20

I Am Coming Quickly

He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming quickly.” Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!

May 18, 2024

Happy Saturday,

“Promise #138:

I will not forget the love you have shown Me by serving others.

Hebrews 6:10 (WEB)

For God is not unrighteous, so as to forget your work and the labor of love

which you showed toward his name, in that you served the saints,

and still do serve them.”

We bless God by serving others. We show God’s love to others by being willing to help them in their time of need. Even us introverted people can text someone a word of encouragement.

Let us worship God, by being a willing vessel for the Kingdom of God. Pray for those who are suffering. Pray for the sick. Pray for the children of Israel. Pray for lost souls.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming quickly.” Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!

May 20, 2024

Happy Monday,

1 Timothy 2:1-7

New King James Version

Pray for All Men

2 Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, 2 for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. 3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, 4 who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, 6 who gave Himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time, 7 for which I was appointed a preacher and an apostle—I am speaking the truth in Christ and not lying—a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth.

We should pray for our leaders. Even those we did not vote for. For it is God’s will that all mankind will come to the realization that they need salvation through His Son, Jesus.

We should not hate one another but pray for a heart to love others. When we love one another we will find it easier to pray for one another. Rejoice when sinners come to salvation and mourn when people leave the truth of the Gospel for earthly rewards.

Pray for the people of Israel. Pray for lost souls.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

May 21, 2024

Happy Tuesday,

Daily Prayer for May 21
CHRISTOPH FRIEDRICH BLUMHARDT
“I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: “The righteous will live by faith.” Romans 1:16-17, NIV
Lord our God, you have revealed your righteousness to us in the gospel, your righteousness that comes to us through faith and continues in faith. Grant that we may understand your righteousness and live by it even in a crooked generation. Then to our joy the gospel will bear fruit. Protect us in the midst of temptation and conflicting opinions so that we are raised above them and remain free, with our thoughts on you and your true and loving righteousness. Your righteousness gives us hope for the many, many people who still need help to realize that their lives are not of passing value but of eternal worth. “Amen

Every Church does not preach the truth anymore. Too many Pastors are more concerned about being politically correct than Biblically correct. We must pray for discernment so that we are not led astray.

The Bible warned us of these days when people would prefer to have their ears tickled rather than be convicted of their sins. We must choose to put God first and worship Him in truth and righteousness.

Staying true to God to the end will have a great reward when we enter the gates of Heaven. Evil will never touch as again. Glory to God in the highest and peace and good will be to all mankind.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

May 23, 2024

Happy Thursday,

Put God First

Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body what ye shall put on. MATTHEW 6:25

God does care that our needs are met. He wants us to put Him first. When we put God first, He will provide for us. When we put our complete trust in our Heavenly Father, we can live without fear.

If we are always second-guessing God then we are not completely trusting in Him. We must lay aside our doubts and fears and trust that God will provide for our needs.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

May 25, 2024,

Happy Saturday,

Christ’s Ambassadors

2 Corinthians 5:20

New International Version

20 We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God.

We are to be Christ’s representatives on earth. We are to live for Him. We are to be an example of God’s love to others. As His children, our desire should be to not embarrass or bring shame to our Heavenly Father.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

May 27, 2024

Happy Monday,

Memorial Day

Today we remember the men and women who died so that our Country could be free. Remember the sacrifice that they made for people that they did not even know. Pray for everyone who lost a family member or a friend in war.

Pray for Israel. Pray for lost souls.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

May 28, 2024

Happy Tuesday,

We Cannot Picture In Our Minds

1 Corinthians 2:9-10

New King James Version

9 But as it is written:

“Eye has not seen, nor ear heard,
Nor have entered into the heart of man
The things which God has prepared for those who love Him.”

10 But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.

We cannot picture in our minds how beautiful Heaven is. We cannot feel with our thoughts the peace that encompasses Heaven. Heaven, it is not a pipe dream. Heaven is as real as our own earth.

One day, we will walk through the gates of Heaven. We will leave behind all troubles, pain, and crime. We will see that every sacrifice we made was far worth the glories of Heaven.

Until then we can rest in the love of God, knowing that He will never abandon us nor forsake us. Through every trial, He walks with us. The more we love Him, the more we learn to trust Him.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

May 30, 2024

Happy Thursday,

Do Not Play With Sin

Romans 6:5-6

New King James Version

5 For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection, 6 knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be [a]done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin.

Jesus paid a terrible price to bring redemption to mankind and to save our souls. Yet, there are times when we are tempted to flirt with sin. It is not only dangerous to play with sin, but it grieves the Holy Spirit when we make such unwise choices.

Ephesians 4:30

And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

We will be so much happier when we choose to walk in righteousness and avoid sin. Lay aside fleshly desires and choose to please our Heavenly Father. Remember sin only brings pleasure for a short time but can bring a lifetime of pain and an eternity in hell.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

June 1, 2024

Happy Saturday,

God Is Not Far Away

“Promise #152:

My love is everlasting and My faithfulness extends to all generations.

Psalm 100:5 (WEB)

For Yahweh is good. His loving kindness endures forever,

his faithfulness to all generations.

Our God and Father is good and His mercy will go on forever and ever. The more that you and I are convinced of the goodness of God, the more we will yield to the extravagant love that He showers on us every day.”

The devil would like us to believe that God is far away. The more we love God, the closer He becomes to us. Let us not be guilty of pushing God away. Let us, instead draw close to Him with our prayers, Worship, and praise.

Manatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

June 2, 2024

Blessed Sunday,

Created For A Purpose

We are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
Ephesians 2:10

We will find joy in life when we seek to fulfill the purpose God created us for. Living for God is an honor. Working for God is a purpose. The more we know God, the more He will make known to us, the purpose He has for us.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

June 4, 2024

Happy Tuesday,

“Promise #155:

When I open My hand, I provide for all that I have created.

Psalm 145:16 (WEB)

You open your hand,

and satisfy the desire of every living thing.”

God promises to provide for our needs. We can trust in Him to do so. We need not fear. His love for us is beyond our ability to measure. We can rejoice in His love for us.

God bless you and your family. Pray for the people of Israel. Pray for lost souls.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

June 5, 2024

Happy Wednesday,

“Christ Loved Me

Anyone who does not love does not know God.

The distinguishing mark of a Christian is his confidence in Christ's love for him and in the offering of his love to Christ. First, faith sets her seal upon the man by enabling the soul to say with the apostle, "Christ loved me and gave himself for me."1 Then love gives the countersign and stamps upon the heart gratitude and love to Jesus in return. "We love because he first loved us."

We will not spend eternity bragging about the celebrities we have met. Nor will we be bragging about knowing powerful people, on earth. In Heaven, no one will care who we were in a relationship with on Earth.

The only relationship that will matter in Heaven is our relationship with God. The only relationship that will determine where we spend our eternity is our relationship with God.

Once we have died, it is too late to form a relationship with God. Today, is the time to accept salvation through Christ. Do not wait until it is too late.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

Revelation 21

New King James Version

All Things Made New

21 Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea. 2 Then I, [a]John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God. 4 And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.”

5 Then He who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” And He said to me, “Write, for these words are true and faithful.”

6 And He said to me, “It[c] is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts. 7 He who overcomes [d]shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son. 8 But the cowardly, [e]unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

June 6, 2024

Happy Thursday,

Make Time For God

“But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.'" (Matthew 6:33, NKJV)

So much going on these days. There are many things that concern us that we have no control over. We need to make time each day to talk to God and seek guidance from Him. Reminding ourselves that He is still in control and that we can trust God in all things.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

June 8, 2024

Happy Saturday,

Trust God in All Things

Today I have a headache associated with dementia. I am a little confused and my brain feels foggy. Yet, even in the state I am, I feel the love of God over me. He has not forsaken me.

All of us have times when we just do not feel like ourselves. It can be disquieting. The devil would like to use these times to sow fear in our hearts. This is when we pray more and seek comfort from God. Praying for others will not only be a blessing to them but to us.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

June 8, 2024

Happy Saturday,

Trust God in All Things

Today I have a headache associated with dementia. I am a little confused and my brain feels foggy. Yet, even in the state I am, I feel the love of God over me. He has not forsaken me.

All of us have times when we just do not feel like ourselves. It can be disquieting. The devil would like to use these times to sew fear in our hearts. This is when we pray more and seek comfort from God. Praying for others will not only be a blessing to them but to us.

Maranatha,

Betty

I Am Coming Quickly

Praying for you Betty! Big hugs!

Psalm 57​

New King James Version​

Prayer for Safety from Enemies​

To the Chief Musician. Set to “Do Not Destroy.” A Michtam of David when he fled from Saul into the cave.​

57:1 Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me!
For my soul trusts in You;
And in the shadow of Your wings I will make my refuge,
Until these calamities have passed by.
2 I will cry out to God Most High,
To God who performs all things for me.
3 He shall send from heaven and save me;
He reproaches the one who would swallow me up. Selah
God shall send forth His mercy and His truth.
4 My soul is among lions;
I lie among the sons of men
Who are set on fire,
Whose teeth are spears and arrows,
And their tongue a sharp sword.
5 Be exalted, O God, above the heavens;
Let Your glory be above all the earth.
6 They have prepared a net for my steps;
My soul is bowed down;
They have dug a pit before me;
Into the midst of it they themselves have fallen. Selah
7 My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast;