What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ADOPTION (AT THE RAPTURE): THE MOST IMPORTANT UNDER-TAUGHT DOCTRINE IN THE CHURCH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent post and here is why. 👍👍 👍

The Bible is the only truth. Men have taken what is in the Bible and have written, stated or preached what they think the Bible is saying. There is nothing wrong with that and I do that myself at times. However, we all must understand that what any man including me writes, states or preaches could be wrong. So whatever they or I write, state or preach must be consistent with what the Bible says. Too many Christians will take what their favorite Pastor, Christian author or even good friend says as Gospel. When I first got saved over 40 years ago, I fell into the trap of believing everything my Pastor said, including how we had the best church there is! It took me a few years to see that some things that he said were wrong and not in the Bible.

Why is that a problem? Well here is what the Bible says.

Psalms 118:8 - It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.

Psalms 146:3 - Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help.

Jeremiah 17:5 - Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.

Mark 7:5 Then the Pharisees and scribes asked him, Why walk not thy disciples according to the tradition of the elders, but eat bread with unwashen hands?
Mark 7:6 He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.
Mark 7:7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Goodboy :)
Amen. His Word can never be wrong, although often times, some dont have the best discernment to understand the proper meaning of some passages in scripture. Study is a never ending process.

Maybe you don't mean to, but with the statements you made in Bold above you seem to imply that you are more advanced or mature than those who are members of this forum. Why? Because we don't agree with you or your methods of teaching? 🤔

James 4:6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.
I wake up in the morning and if I get a change I look forward to joining in fellowship, and then this happens.

First Goodboy comes in late on the thread and accuses me of trying to pastor you and gets approval for his post. Now, seeing those those who encourage Goodboy in his judgment of me of pride, especially Adrian, I'm gone. In every forum, just like in any church, there are babes on milk and those on meat, those who who are slow and those who are fast, those who are immature and those who are less mature, those who can preach righteousness and those who are still on foundational doctrines. We ought to know that is true.

To suggest that everyone in this forum is on the same level is an immature statement. To judge the heart of pride is something only God can do and we can't.

This thread has disintegrated to the lowest level. So with your judgement on me of trying to pastor and being full of pride when I am trying to share theological papers that don't even originate with me, there is absolutely no place for me in this forum.

When I see those who encourage Goodboy and agree with his judgments, sadly it is time for me to go. I shall leave you to your own judgments.

Goodbye.

Yes, I too am disappointed with this thread. In the beginning I was really interested but it spiraled out of control. Many not reading the posts thoroughly or at all yet so quick to have to get a word in. Admitting to not reading the posts yet joining in the discussion late just to argue. It is a shame when you have the freedom afforded by this forum to discuss ideas and doctrine but it cannot be utilized because things get too argumentative. Oh well. Satan may or may not be cast out of heaven yet but I know he had a hand in this. My question when he makes himself so obvious is always "why?"

I wake up in the morning and if I get a change I look forward to joining in fellowship, and then this happens.

First Goodboy comes in late on the thread and accuses me of trying to pastor you and gets approval for his post. Now, seeing those those who encourage Goodboy in his judgment of me of pride, especially Adrian, I'm gone. In every forum, just like in any church, there are babes on milk and those on meat, those who who are slow and those who are fast, those who are immature and those who are less mature, those who can preach righteousness and those who are still on foundational doctrines. We ought to know that is true.

To suggest that everyone in this forum is on the same level is an immature statement. To judge the heart of pride is something only God can do and we can't.

This thread has disintegrated to the lowest level. So with your judgement on me of trying to pastor and being full of pride when I am trying to share theological papers that don't even originate with me, there is absolutely no place for me in this forum.

When I see those who encourage Goodboy and agree with his judgments, sadly it is time for me to go. I shall leave you to your own judgments.

Goodbye.
@PaidInFull That is most unfortunate, Hugh. Why not take the earlier suggestion to create a private message addressed to all those who have said they would like to hear your teaching? @Matthew6:33 is one. @Greg may be one. And @Margery was another. I know also there were a couple of others. Possible @Kaatje, too. And I would also like to watch your teaching unfold. If you create a private message with people you invite (and check the box so some of them can invite others who they think may be interested), I think you can have a productive Bible study without finding yourself having to deal with latecomers who do not understand the groundwork you have already laid.

We don't forget who we are in Christ.
We don't always know how to speak and we don't always know how to respond, but we have the love of Christ in us, and even with our faults, we continue to love one another, and bear with one another, because we are One Body in Christ, "and if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; or if one member is honored, all the members rejoice with it."
1 Corinthians 12:26

Sometimes we need to overlook the shortcomings of others and be an example by showing love even towards those who we have conflict with.
We won't always agree on everything, but that's no reason to throw away the love Jesus taught us to have for one another.
It takes trusting God to let go of hard feelings and demonstrate we are God's children. Now let's pray 🙏

"Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. 8 He who does not love does not know God, for God is love."
1 John 4:7-8

"And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you"
Ephesians 4:34

"with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love"
Ephesians 4:2

"And above all things have fervent love for one another, for “love will cover a multitude of sins.”
1 Peter 4:8

I was thinking about the Satan getting kicked out of heaven discussion. I believe it is future and has not taken place yet. I think there was a partial removal (residence) that took place at the beginning then a full removal (Rev 12). Job says that Satan was traveling all around the Earth yet we see him in heaven (I think this is how it exists now still). Yet God still has the Restrainer restraining now. I think it makes most logical sense (God is not the author of confusion) that in Rev 12 (future) Satan gets permanently and completely kicked out of heaven, he has no more access at all, the Restrainer has been removed (doesn't restrain Satan anymore), Satan is no longer accusing because he has no access to heaven and he is cast down to Earth. Satan no longer has to ask God for permission anymore as he gets the full freedom to express himself using all of his given power during the trib.

I was thinking about the Satan getting kicked out of heaven discussion. I believe it is future and has not taken place yet. I think there was a partial removal (residence) that took place at the beginning then a full removal (Rev 12). Job says that Satan was traveling all around the Earth yet we see him in heaven (I think this is how it exists now still). Yet God still has the Restrainer restraining now. I think it makes most logical sense (God is not the author of confusion) that in Rev 12 (future) Satan gets permanently and completely kicked out of heaven, he has no more access at all, the Restrainer has been removed (doesn't restrain Satan anymore), Satan is no longer accusing because he has no access to heaven and he is cast down to Earth. Satan no longer has to ask God for permission anymore as he gets the full freedom to express himself using all of his given power during the trib.
Agreed 100%. I think there is also a factor at play here about Jesus' roles as both Priest and King that point to that as well as our ongoing salvation process in the form of sanctification (not works!!!!).

Beyond that, I'm just really biting my tongue on a lot of things, but realize the fingers I would point also point back at me sometimes. But to your previous post which I also agree with, yes, we can see the enemies influence as played out in our natures even here on this site. Not referencing any one person or post, just the way things tend to go on some things in general.

Just to address what Paul referred to in regards to Meat. By context of scripture,
Paul wasn't using that term in reference to lack of knowledge.
Paul was addressing the church in Corinth about their not having grown in their walk with Jesus after all the time he had been teaching them, because many of that church were Still being Carnal, when they should have been renewing their minds and turning their lives around in repentance and their maturity should have been evident by that time by their having gone from carnal to more spiritual.

You are not correct. Meat is for the mature in knowledge. Milk is for those born again but not yet skilled in teaching righteousness. I am having a problem regarding righteousness for I have to keep repeating that we are saved in predestination before the world began, saved when we came to faith and the scripture says we are waiting on our salvation to be revealed because of all that is reserved in heaven for us.. We are redeemed, but we are waiting on the day of redemption.

11Concerning him we have much to say, and it is difficult to explain, since you have become poor listeners.12For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you have need again for someone to teach you the elementary principles of the actual words of God, and you have come to need milk and not solid food.13For everyone who partakes only of milk is unacquainted with the word of righteousness, for he is an infant.14But solid food is for the mature, who because of practice have their senses trained to distinguish between good and evil. Heb.5

Paul, according to the wisdom given him, wrote to you,16as also in all his letters, speaking in them of these things, in which there are some things that are hard to understand, which the untaught and unstable distort, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures. 2Peter3

according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,4to obtain an inheritance which is imperishable, undefiled, and will not fade away, reserved in heaven for you,5who are protected by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. Pet.1

Maybe you don't mean to, but with the statements you made in Bold above you seem to imply that you are more advanced or mature than those who are members of this forum. Why? Because we don't agree with you or your methods of teaching?

James 4:6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

With Adrian and TT agreeing with this, then I don't see any point in trying to continue.

I have never boasted of my credentials, why should I? I have been a pastor, and a speaker are international conventions, but that it doesn't make me better or more saved than anyone here.

This isn't about me. I have never exalted myself over anyone. I am attempting to share what I know and I am getting shot down. If I refer to commentaries so you know this is not some new thinking, then I get thrown back at me that we only need God's Word. That also gets commendations so there is no need to go to Bible College because it is men teaching you and commentaries are important there.

This is chaos.

Please understand, it is not that I am offended. It is when Adrian and TT endorse that I am proud and God resists me that there is no point in swimming against the tide - this isn't the time or place for discussions like this.

What Goodboy posts doesn't offend me because I know his posts. However then the leaders here endorse it, then how can I continue? It is impossible! Not because of offense but because my next post is going to hit another roadblock and I will stand accused again and Adrian will endorse it.

This isn't iron sharpening iron, it's a hampster wheel. When I debate post-tribbers, they bring Scripture to argue with me, but here the Scriptures that are used against me are ones I am in full agreement with so we can move ahead into the HOPE of promises ahead instead of getting stuck in the introduction...

New American Standard Bible
through whom we also have obtained our introduction by faith into this grace in which we stand; and we celebrate in hope of the glory of God. Rom5:2

I do love you all, but this is a struggle that I never expected to have and it is not bearing good fruit. It is bearing bad fruit. A pastor came to me once and asked me for my opinion, did I think he was driving the flock or leading the flock. I feel I am driving the flock here to where many don't want to go and that is not good teaching or pastoring.

And before anyone jumps on me again, I was not here to pastor. Long distance pastoring of people I don't know is a nonsense.

You are not correct. Meat is for the mature in knowledge. Milk is for those born again but not yet skilled in teaching righteousness. I am having a problem regarding righteousness for I have to keep repeating that we are saved in predestination before the world began, saved when we came to faith and the scripture says we are waiting on our salvation to be revealed because of all that is reserved in heaven for us.. We are redeemed, but we are waiting on the day of redemption.

11Concerning him we have much to say, and it is difficult to explain, since you have become poor listeners.12For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you have need again for someone to teach you the elementary principles of the actual words of God, and you have come to need milk and not solid food.13For everyone who partakes only of milk is unacquainted with the word of righteousness, for he is an infant.14But solid food is for the mature, who because of practice have their senses trained to distinguish between good and evil. Heb.5

Paul, according to the wisdom given him, wrote to you,16as also in all his letters, speaking in them of these things, in which there are some things that are hard to understand, which the untaught and unstable distort, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures. 2Peter3

according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,4to obtain an inheritance which is imperishable, undefiled, and will not fade away, reserved in heaven for you,5who are protected by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. Pet.1
I was correct by the scripture verses I quoted, and you are correct by the ones that you quoted.....

To ALL of US, including me,
I think the back and forth of unproductiveness needs to be put to rest.
Every one of US have a portion of responsibility for this thread having gone off track and having gotten where it has. Even if unintentionally.

I just find it unfortunate that some have chosen not to agree with my last post about how we ALL should be conducting ourselves, in love, and forgiveness and remembering who we are in Christ. All of which is not my opinion or thoughts but is out of scripture. And in keeping with Jesus commands.
I can see that last post has been overlooked.
We need to all take a look in the mirror and re examine ourselves.

“You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt loses its flavor, how shall it be seasoned? It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men"
Matthew 5:13

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven"
Matthew 5:16

Maybe you don't mean to, but with the statements you made in Bold above you seem to imply that you are more advanced or mature than those who are members of this forum. Why? Because we don't agree with you or your methods of teaching?

With Adrian and TT agreeing with this, then I don't see any point in trying to continue.

I have never boasted of my credentials, why should I? I have been a pastor, and a speaker are international conventions, but that it doesn't make me better or more saved than anyone here.

This isn't about me. I have never exalted myself over anyone. I am attempting to share what I know and I am getting shot down. If I refer to commentaries so you know this is not some new thinking, then I get thrown back at me that we only need God's Word. That also gets commendations so there is no need to go to Bible College because it is men teaching you and commentaries are important there.

This is chaos.

Please understand, it is not that I am offended. It is when Adrian and TT endorse that I am proud and God resists me that there is no point in swimming against the tide - this isn't the time or place for discussions like this.

What Goodboy posts doesn't offend me because I know his posts. However then the leaders here endorse it, then how can I continue? It is impossible! Not because of offense but because my next post is going to hit another roadblock and I will stand accused again and Adrian will endorse it.

This isn't iron sharpening iron, it's a hampster wheel. When I debate post-tribbers, they bring Scripture to argue with me, but here the Scriptures that are used against me are ones I am in full agreement with so we can move ahead into the HOPE of promises ahead instead of getting stuck in the introduction...

New American Standard Bible
through whom we also have obtained our introduction by faith into this grace in which we stand; and we celebrate in hope of the glory of God. Rom5:2

I do love you all, but this is a struggle that I never expected to have and it is not bearing good fruit. It is bearing bad fruit. A pastor came to me once and asked me for my opinion, did I think he was driving the flock or leading the flock. I feel I am driving the flock here to where many don't want to go and that is not good teaching or pastoring.

And before anyone jumps on me again, I was not here to pastor. Long distance pastoring of people I don't know is a nonsense.
I was afraid you would feel hurt and leave the whole forum. Please don’t leave.
I was hoping that you would stick around so that we can get to know you better. That is half the problem, you know. We don’t really know you. You immediately launched into teaching.

Whenever anyone walks into my church wanting to teach others, before getting to know people and letting us know them first, it always gets me on the defensive. Right or wrong, I think it’s just where we’re at right now in this day and age. More than ever we need to know those who labor amongst us.

I was wondering if you are a missionary in the Philippines or if you just chose to live there.

Why don’t you stick around in the fellowship and let us get to know you? Or must you come into fellowship established as the teacher among us, right from the get-go?

One thing I have learned over the years is that we all have something to learn from each other. And what I mean by that is, God uses even the unsaved to teach me things about myself.

Also, I don’t think people should put too much stock in, or read into, the “reactions” at the bottom of the posts. I am on an iPhone and sometimes I think I touched the thumbs up but I didn’t. Sometimes I don’t hit reactions to save time. Sometimes I give a polite thumbs up to a post even if I totally disagree with it. Just to acknowledge to the person that I am listening and that they are important to me.

And so what if Adrian or TT agrees 100% with a comment? They can just as easily agree 100% with the person on the other side of the issue, because they are both right.

This statement was carefully worded and was not an accusation with words like "Maybe you don't mean to" and "you seem to imply". My point was to help you understand how your message was coming across which others acknowledged. In one of my post I even asked you what you were trying to accomplish, so maybe we could get on board.

Sorry that you took what I said as an accusation and apologize for that.

Paidinfull, I just re-read your welcome thread and what you posted about how you switched back to the pre-trib rapture, and also the times we are in, was super encouraging. Maybe this topic in this thread was too touchy for some of us including me, but you have so much encouragement and wisdom to offer with your viewpoints and maybe some other topics would work out better. I sure hope you will stay here with us.

Regarding what @Andiamo said here https://christiancommunityforum.com...taught-doctrine-in-the-church.5055/post-69559 (I'm not replying to the post to avoid confusion one way or the other in trying to choose which part to snip for readability)...

Anyway, some of us remember PaidInFull from RF and came into this thread with trust established. To some, he's probably completely new, so I completely understand the confusion, uncertainty, and maybe reluctance about intentions. If you look at the people who invited him to join us here, that should go a long way towards dispelling major doubts. Of course, still be a Berean as in all things, because anyone can get something wrong or go off the rails -- none of us should get a free pass on that. That said, of all the people Chris banned for various reasons, he's probably the one whose thoughts on things I missed most -- the financial thread that used to be there was nothing short of excellent, and helped me understand a little what's really going on in the world. And while that's important, it's certainly not the most important thing to talk about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back