What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tucker Carlson's Massive Interview with Putin in Russia

Tucker got him a few times though and made him look awkward. Good for him to do that. Although yes, it was pretty much all propaganda that I think many ignorant Americans are going to unfortunately eat up like a delicacy.
When you can't trust what comes out of your own evil govmint, some might be enticed to believe someone leading a different evil govmint.

Maybe That'll work to the antichrist's advantage. The population of the world will be so tired of the lies that they'll be desperate to be able to trust someone who promises to make things better.

If this was not a huge propaganda win for Putin, then can someone explain why not?

Im not about to fact check any claims made by Putin, but from what I do know, clearly he was lying most of the times his lips were moving. He is very good at manipulating all. KGB trained. Killer, liar, and the possible leader of the EZ 38 invaders.

Maybe That'll work to the antichrist's advantage. The population of the world will be so tired of the lies that they'll be desperate to be able to trust someone who promises to make things better.
Agree:100percent:

"We do not want another committee, we have too many already. What we want is a man of sufficient stature to hold the allegiance of all people, and to lift us out of the economic morass into which we are sinking.
Send us such a man, and be he god or devil, we will receive him
."

Paul-Henri Spaak (1899 - 1972), one of the principal architects of what has now become the EU.

Well idk but I think most people find the majority of things he talked about to be fairly boring. 🥱
True. But IMO, his sole purpose was to put on a well rehearsed “speech” and try and show he is human, not a monster. As others have said, many will buy into what he said because how easily he composed himself, and talked with authority.

He can put on a front, but again, his evil actions over the last 24 years cannot be undone by a false front.

Well idk but I think most people find the majority of things he talked about to be fairly boring. 🥱
I don't think there is much interest in the USA with regards to the history of the territories in question.

I wonder how much exposure this interview will see... what's the size of Tucker Carlson's audience? The vast majority of people will probably never see nor hear a word of it... and if they do it'll be from a spin angle of the lamestream media.

... and try and show he is human, not a monster...
That's just the thing, isn't it? We all want to portray the other side as inhuman monsters when the truth is more insidious. They're monsters because they're human. I actually respect Putin. He is intelligent, and seems to be trying to do what he thinks is best for his country.

Make no mistake, I wouldn't trust him any further than I could throw him, and honestly, those qualities describe some of the most evil men in history. But Putin is a man, just like any other, that will have to stand before God and answer for his actions, and he is also a man that Jesus was willing to die for.

That's just the thing, isn't it? We all want to portray the other side as inhuman monsters when the truth is more insidious. They're monsters because they're human. I actually respect Putin. He is intelligent, and seems to be trying to do what he thinks is best for his country.

Make no mistake, I wouldn't trust him any further than I could throw him, and honestly, those qualities describe some of the most evil men in history. But Putin is a man, just like any other, that will have to stand before God and answer for his actions, and he is also a man that Jesus was willing to die for.
He mostly avoided Tuckers questions about his faith.

I know some on here disagree, and think Putin was forced to defend his borders, as if NATO forced him. Putin does not like his neighbors wanting to join NATO, too bad Vlad. I bet Israel also does not like being surrounded by the enemy.

Okay, enough of me on this thread. Interview is done, was somewhat entertaining but full of lies or half truths.

I dont think any of us here would disagree that Putin doesnt exactly have a "godly" agenda, nor are we fooled by showing himself in the best light possible. I think it's something all humanity does.

Surely Putin wants God to just mind His own business.

BUT, people see that he wants to protect his nation's sovereignty at any cost and that appeals to many people in a way. Sin mars everything though, especially motivations.

It's always good to hear history from another perspective than one's own.
If nothing else, it's interesting and makes one think.
As a child of the Cold War, and 20 years of military service, hearing history from USSR/Warsaw Pact perspective is very interesting to me. As a Christian, looking at history in light of the Bible, is fascinating.
Too bad President Putin probably taught more history in 30 minutes than school kids seem to learn today in 13 years in U.S. public schools :mad:

He mostly avoided Tuckers questions about his faith.

I know some on here disagree, and think Putin was forced to defend his borders, as if NATO forced him. Putin does not like his neighbors wanting to join NATO, too bad Vlad. I bet Israel also does not like being surrounded by the enemy.

Okay, enough of me on this thread. Interview is done, was somewhat entertaining but full of lies or half truths.
I agree. I think that Putin wanted to expand his borders and territories, much like Hitler's "lebensraum". Putin is also a skilled liar, no doubt about that. It's one of the main reasons I chose not to watch the interview. I've got a pretty good handle on what the other side has been saying through Chinese tv. I just think that we need to be careful in "othering" the enemy's humanity.

The problem with America showing weakness is that all the petty dictators that have been held in check by a strong united America are finally seeing their opportunity to act on all their wishes without repercussions. Weakness always leads to either war or capitulation.

Back