What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tucker Carlson's Massive Interview with Putin in Russia

Watched the first half of it last night. Fascinating.
Had to fast forward through Putin’s Russian thirty-minute history lesson. Too much.
And I won’t don’t even pretend to understand all of this geo-political stuff. But here’s my simple take, from my simple mind.

What we got was like a fruit salad. Pieces of truth—-mixed into quite a bit of propaganda. Some pieces are obvious. Some more hidden. Some…you’re not sure what you are seeing. Everything is mixed together and buried in dressing. But the whole of it: Genuine occurrences, used as justification for his monstrous acts.

Two things that struck me. He clearly says things that, if true, expose the deep state. The CIA is a frequent mention. Even Bill Gates is mentioned. Absolutely jaw dropping. And horrifying.

The other thing is, his “De-Nazification” reasonings. What a load of doo doo that is! But he appears to truly believe it. Not sure if he truly does or just wants us to believe it that he does.

Got me thinking. Is it even possible for Gog to actually use that particular reasoning or excuse at all, when he sends troops or fighters to Israel?

All in all a fascinating look at the man. He is an absolutely brilliant thinker and strategist, using the deep state’s actions to justify his personal advancement. A global chess player. A manipulator extraordinaire. He was almost believable, even likable, so many times, until I reminded myself over and over that he is most likely Gog.

@Tall Timbers Wasn’t sure if this should be a separate thread “Putin Interview analysis” or similar.

All in all a fascinating look at the man. He is an absolutely brilliant thinker and strategist, using the deep state’s actions to justify his personal advancement. A global chess player. A manipulator extraordinaire. He was almost believable, even likable, so many times, until I reminded myself over and over that he is most likely Gog.
Absolutely spot on.

Yes, some things he said, I agreed upon.
Like the NATO expansions being at the root of the present war between Russia and Ukraine.
Also true is the economic boost Russia had despite - or maybe even because of - all the sanctions.
But his assesment of Russia being so benign over all other religions, including Judaism, made me want to gag.
Wat a lot of crock.

Interesting too, was his stance on that journalist, Evan Gershkovich, whom they captured and imprisoned.
This shows on a micro level, how Putin/Russia looks on Ukraine.
"Let's negociate, give us what we want (we determine the price), and then we'll hand over what you want."

For those that don't want to watch, but rather read the transcript, like I did, here it is.

The interview:
I found the below on line. I think Putin achieved what he wanted in trying to get the world to see him in a more positive light. Tucker got what he wanted in scoring an exclusive with Putin. Putin wins IMO.

No matter the words that come out his mouth, Putin is pure evil

Here are the key moments from the interview:

• 00:02:00 – Putin Gives a History of Russia & Ukraine: Putin begins by outlining the historical ties and conflicts between Russia and Ukraine
  • 00:25:04 – NATO Expansion: The conversation shifts to NATO’s eastward expansion post-Cold War
  • 00:30:40 – NATO & Bill Clinton: Putin criticizes former U.S. President Bill Clinton’s role in promoting NATO expansion
  • 00:41:10 – Ukraine: The discussion moves to the specific issues within Ukraine
  • 00:48:30 – What Triggered This Conflict?: Putin provides his perspective on the events that led to the escalation of conflict in Eastern Europe
  • 01:02:37 – A Peaceful Solution?: Carlson probes Putin on potential pathways to a peaceful resolution, where Putin outlines his conditions for negotiations.
  • 01:11:33 – Who Blew Up the Nord Stream Pipelines?: The conversation takes a dramatic turn as Putin addresses the mysterious destruction of the Nord Stream gas pipelines
  • 01:24:13 – Re-establishing Communication with the US
  • 01:36:33 – How Powerful is Zelensky?: The Russian leader assesses Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky’s influence and capabilities within the context of the conflict and international politics.
  • 01:48:36 – Elon Musk & AI: Carlson and Putin explore the topic of artificial intelligence and the role of influential figures like Elon Musk in shaping the future of global technology and security.
  • 01:51:07 – Imprisoned American Journalist Evan Gershkovich: The interview concludes with Putin’s comments on the case of Evan Gershkovich, the American journalist detained in Russia, signaling a complex issue in U.S.-Russia relations.

I won't be watching the video. I've been reading the transcript but probably won't finish it.

Like the NATO expansions being at the root of the present war between Russia and Ukraine.
I agree with this, have believed so from the beginning and I remember watching the west seemingly goading Russia into attacking Ukraine. The west has a purpose for this war, I believe. When I say west I'm thinking of the deep state/globalist cabal that seem to be controlling so much these days.

I agree with Putin that it was a mistake for the USA to use sanctions against countries to influence their behavior. The result is countries minimizing the use of the US dollar and trading in other currencies instead, which has and will severely weaken the influence that the US has had over others.
Putin is pure evil
I put him on a par with most of the world leaders, no less and no more evil than the whole lot. They're all an evil lot, IMO.

I disagree with a lot of what Putin said. His view of China's intentions, for example. I do understand that Putin's world view is going to be a lot different than most of us in the west.

I put him on a par with most of the world leaders, no less and no more evil than the whole lot. They're all an evil lot, IMO.
Agree.

I know a lot of christians like to view him through the eye of "Gog" and the ultimate Israel enemy.....but first, we dont know if Putin will die tomorrow, and wont even be the leader at that time at all who knows :noidea: ....and two -- Israel has SO many enemies, some out in the open and some aren't.
But Putin is an unsaved man as so many others are. All trying to get their piece of the pie.

Agree.

I know a lot of christians like to view him through the eye of "Gog" and the ultimate Israel enemy.....but first, we dont know if Putin will die tomorrow, and wont even be the leader at that time at all who knows :noidea: ....and two -- Israel has SO many enemies, some out in the open and some aren't.
But Putin is an unsaved man as so many others are. All trying to get their piece of the pie.
He is looking a lot like Gog. He has linked arms with Iran, Turkey, and Sudan. Ukraine is practically a beeline to Israel.
We have yet to see.

He is looking a lot like Gog. He has linked arms with Iran, Turkey, and Sudan. Ukraine is practically a beeline to Israel.
We have yet to see.
I would say he's looking a lot like Gog's puppet. The stage just might be getting set for the next puppet who rules Russia. Putin is "only" 71 though so he could conceivably have plenty of life left in him.

In my view it is good to hear, uncut, from both sides. Tucker gave us two hours of uncut, unspun dialog to pray over and analyze. The world is an evil place... did we miss an opportunity when the old USSR crumbled...??? Never heard before that Russia requested to join NATO during bill clinton's time. Interesting facts coming out.

I'd like to see/hear the Russian USSR version of the interview. I'm "sure" both sides will censor/sanitize what is aired publicly.

For those of us, whose Russian is bad or nonexistent, It's possible the Russian Orthodox Church in America (ROCA) or Orthodox Church in America (OCA) will have an English translation of the USSR version on the web at some point. The official USSR government website might also provide an English translation of their version.

The only restriction was that he was not allowed to look into Putin's eyes.
Are you joking, or serious? That would be strange as Putin is strange.
The eyes are the window to the soul.
There are some world leaders, past and present, whose eyes are dark and dull or dead-looking. Some describe them as black or as sucking all the light into them, but not reflecting the light.

22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.
23 But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!
Matthew 6:22-23, KJV

Also, the involuntary reflexes/unconscious movements, body language, and postures one displays when lying (or telling the truth or partial truth) are relatively easy to mask, extinguish, or train away, but eye movements are far more difficult. Tucker Carlson is a trained observer, communicator, and journalist, and would know what to look for and how to use it to advantage.

Thanks, Will watch it soon.
But saw already something interesting:
They sit together at this wee small tiny table.
Whereas Mr. P normally is sat behind a ginormic table.
That must mean something. I wonder. Mmmm 🤔
Harder for electronic evesdropping, lipreading, etc.
FWIW, KGB agents routinely taught lip-reading, and do so in multiple languages.
President Putin was is KGB. The KGB never went away. Never mind what the "official" version is.

A more benign explanation is using a smaller table to make room for audio-visual-recording equipment and operators, teleprompters, security, officials, political officers, aides, clergy (ROC may well insist), assistants, medical equipment and personnel, refreshments, etc.

In my view it is good to hear, uncut, from both sides. Tucker gave us two hours of uncut, unspun dialog to pray over and analyze. The world is an evil place... did we miss an opportunity when the old USSR crumbled...??? Never heard before that Russia requested to join NATO during bill clinton's time. Interesting facts coming out.
It was in the news at the time. Regular, plain ole network news.
There were serious strategic, technical, and tactical implications and ramifications should NATO have been stupid and admitted the fox into the hen house.
Fortunately, many safeguards, to include unanimous approval by all members required before a new member is admitted.

In Tucker Carlson's introduction to the interview, he stated President Putin believes Russia has a historic claim to parts of Western Ukraine.

FWIW, President Putin has stated publicly many times that Crimea and at least part of Ukraine belongs to Russia due to language, religion (Russian Orthodox Church, rather than Ukraine Orthodox Church or Eastern Catholic Church), and ethnicity of the inhabitants and their ancestors.

Note that these are the same excuses Hitler used to annex Austria, invade Sudetenland, led to the Munich Agreement (appeasement), and invasion of Czechoslovakia. Ultimately, Hitler's invasion of Poland and WWII in Europe.

Appeasement never works, except to empower and strengthen the bully :tap:

FWIW, I still believe we're watching Ezekiel 38 and 39 unfold in front of our very eyes :)

Dear God, please hurry up!

20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.
Revelation 22:20, KV

Back