What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Horror of an Iranian Nuclear Weapon

My focus would be on the platform of one side that is so clearly anti Biblical, and how can a person of His support such things? We all know the vile nature of their carrying ons.

What stunned me was how they ignore these vile activities and policies, and focus on a hate for an individual. When asked to support this dislike of the individual, they only spew more hate towards him. (Took a while to get that thought formalized... that is the core of my dilemma... but TT likely addressed it.)

Even Christians come under delusions.

It's hard to watch. My own family (Christian side) eg Born again (for absolute sure) yet who for whatever reason side with the Palestinians, and view Trump as evil even though they are dead against abortion, can see that Biden and Harris are for baby killing.

The way I figured it out is that due to being in a church with a lot of Arab Christians (who generally side against Israel btw) and due to lifelong liberal tendencies this person has fallen into a deluded state by not applying the Word (something she usually does) to her thinking.

I see what you mean now. I didn't know you thought those relatives were Christian/professing Christians.
I know a lot of people who would just say they are Christian because culturally they have no problems with Christians or they heard about Jesus a few times. But being "religious" is "not for them."

My relatives who are in that boat consider themselves Christians, but I'm inclined to see them as religious. They are decent, hard-working people and rarely if ever miss service on Sundays, but if you, in a humble way, share the gospel while in a discussion... rather than getting confirmation you're more likely to hear something about the church (insert religious institution name here) can be trusted because they've been doing this for a long time... :(

My relatives who are in that boat consider themselves Christians, but I'm inclined to see them as religious. They are decent, hard-working people and rarely if ever miss service on Sundays, but if you, in a humble way, share the gospel while in a discussion... rather than getting confirmation you're more likely to hear something about the church (insert religious institution name here) can be trusted because they've been doing this for a long time... :(
Why would they say is the reason they faithfully attend church?

There are so many here, who are real Christians, but the politics and society here are soooooooooooo liberal, especially in the Twin Cities metro, that they have a hard time not voting DFL or third-party. It doesn't help that the majority denomination here by far is extremely liberal, although it does still preach and teach The Gospel, and people are still getting saved in those churches. The presence of this very liberal denomination actually provides the conservative ones a lot more safety, since most people don't know the differences between the different denominations.

In any case, so many of the churches are extremely active in the community, that non-Christians think highly and support social ministries, etc. 32,000 bags of food collected during a drive with a goal of 5000 bags after George Flood: an example of "Minnesota Nice" and the traditional Lutheran social involvement that is part of the secular culture here. Most today don't know where it came from, and just help/contribute/donate because neighbors are used to helping neighbors, in part because of needing to do so through winter/snow every year :)

I think what I'm trying to say is, don't lose hope that politically/socially liberal friends and family aren't saved. They may well be, even if they don't connect faith with other parts of their lives.

I also think there are some people who just take in the propaganda news machine (obama's 'echo chamber') as truth, especially if most of their lives the news had been more balanced and informative.

That these 'journalists' (more like the rumor mills) wouldn't lie, slant or have a bias. Often taken in by the emotionality of the reporting and social pressures as well.

You all, Margery, TT, Ghoti Ichthus, Everlasting Life have described the situation perfectly. They are all lifelong members of a certain non-evangelical denomination, from which my wife and I left for a Bible based gathering 45 years ago. They have done the works of mercy describe above.

TT captured it perfectly:
They consider themselves Christians, primarily, and they've been going to church all of their lives. Tradition tends to stick to the majority of us fairly tightly. And maybe they are Christians...
This:
I think what I'm trying to say is, don't lose hope that politically/socially liberal friends and family aren't saved. They may well be, even if they don't connect faith with other parts of their lives.
and...
Gives a hope!

What had/has me was how can they so easily support taking the life of innocent babies (my sister, and ex religious answer to my question... "well abortion is just one of the issues... the others over rule it..." and supporting what Our Father calls an "abomination..." To me these are non negotiable.

It's hard to watch. My own family (Christian side) eg Born again (for absolute sure) yet who for whatever reason side with the Palestinians, and view Trump as evil even though they are dead against abortion, can see that Biden and Harris are for baby killing.

The way I figured it out is that due to being in a church with a lot of Arab Christians (who generally side against Israel btw) and due to lifelong liberal tendencies this person has fallen into a deluded state by not applying the Word (something she usually does) to her thinking.
Sadly, my father falls into this category.

He's saved but thinks that Trump is a wannabe dictator (Sometimes Trump doesn't communicate his thoughts well and an average Joe could easily miscontrue what he is actuallly trying to say) and that Netanyahu is a war mongeror.

We sometimes have big arguments over this and it's led to me saying i don't want to discuss these matters because i completely disagree with you and i don't believe these one sided yt character assassination videos that you keep tellin me that you watch.

What had/has me was how can they so easily support taking the life of innocent babies (my sister, and ex religious answer to my question... "well abortion is just one of the issues... the others over rule it..." and supporting what Our Father calls an "abomination..." To me these are non negotiable.

A lot of times, it's some combination of:
they would never do it, and they never would or could
they think it's rare, or at least uncommon
they think most of the time,or even all of the time, it's for an understandable reason like life of the mother, rape, or incest, or severe, especially life-threatening, birth defects.
they think it would be unconscionable to force a rape or incest victim to carry a baby to term, especially if in a state where the rapist can claim (and get) parental rights, or the woman is very young, especially pre-teen and even younger
they think it would be wrong to put a baby's life above a woman's
they don't think life begins at conception, rather, perhaps when the heartbeat is first detectable, when the baby first moves, or that somehow a fetus isn't a baby, at least not until it looks like one.
they believe the evolutionary stage model of the fetus that's taught in public schools,meaning the fetus isn't a baby until it finally evolves into one (very late in pregnancy)
they think imposing their religious/personal beliefs on someone else is wrong and/or unConstitutional
they don't know abortion is painful and cruel to the baby, not like euthanizing a suffering pet. IDK if this is true with the abortion pills (pharmaceutical abortions).
they don't know the physical, mental, and emotional aftereffects of abortion to women can be very serious, to include suicide years later
they don't know abortion isn't always successful, and there are almost always very bad physical, mental and emotional aftereffects to the baby, who survives. IDK if this is true of babies, who survive pharmaceutical abortions

:pray: :pray: :amen: :amen: :thankyou: :thankyou:

I just had a conversation about this with a good friend. The people that upset me the most are those that say they are Christian but oppose the Faithful Bible believing ones. They just become dead weight or a useful idiot for Satan. I struggle with having patience for them especially when it becomes apparent as I’m first meeting a new “Christian” client. Another reason I am tired of being a counselor. There is so much nonsense that these Bible illiterate people believe that the amount of rolling my eyes is going to keep my eyes in that permanent state. I just don’t have the patience anymore with what seems like a constant issue.

I just had a conversation about this with a good friend. The people that upset me the most are those that say they are Christian but oppose the Faithful Bible believing ones. They just become dead weight or a useful idiot for Satan. I struggle with having patience for them especially when it becomes apparent as I’m first meeting a new “Christian” client. Another reason I am tired of being a counselor. There is so much nonsense that these Bible illiterate people believe that the amount of rolling my eyes is going to keep my eyes in that permanent state. I just don’t have the patience anymore with what seems like a constant issue.

If you're in a church or Christian counseling practice, do you have tracts, pamphlets, posters, etc. in the waiting room(s)? Copies of the Apostle's Creed, alone, would likely help a lot.

FWIW, my favorite poster for this kind of thing is the one that says "Do You Seriously Think God Can't Use You?" "Noah was a drunk," "Elijah was suicidal," "Rahab was a prostitute," etc., etc., etc.

If in a secular setting, but practicing as a Christian counselor, can you put up posters and have stuff lying around in your office for clients?

:)

If you're in a church or Christian counseling practice, do you have tracts, pamphlets, posters, etc. in the waiting room(s)? Copies of the Apostle's Creed, alone, would likely help a lot.

FWIW, my favorite poster for this kind of thing is the one that says "Do You Seriously Think God Can't Use You?" "Noah was a drunk," "Elijah was suicidal," "Rahab was a prostitute," etc., etc., etc.

If in a secular setting, but practicing as a Christian counselor, can you put up posters and have stuff lying around in your office for clients?

:)
I used to have tracts when I had an office and that became an issue with the other counselors. One complained to the building owner and I was told to remove them. Then I made sure to put the Gospel on my brochures front and center since they couldn’t refuse to let me include pamphlets about my practice 😆 Funny enough, the building owner told me he sympathized with me as he said he was Christian. It bothered me that he took such a weak stance but I was ok since I still had the Gospel somewhere visible.

Now I’m completely remote and see clients via Telehealth. I made the switch once Covid hit and have never looked back. Saving money on rent has been a blessing. My website has scripture and the Gospel since that’s all I have now apart from my direct time with clients.

Hobby Lobby sells press-on Scripture wall decals. They can be purchased from other places too. We have a few on the walls throughout our apartment. Our living room sports Psalm 136:1 in a prominent place, visible to all who enter and who sit there-- "Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, His love endures forever."

Back