What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rapture Delayed

By Terry James

Author’s note: This article was posted originally on Raptureready.com on March 7, 2016. It is re-posted here because some of the same concerns as back then are being expressed through emails and in other ways. My response remains the same because God’s Plan in regard to the Rapture hasn’t changed.
We have looked a number of times in this column at those who mock the end-times message and the Rapture in particular. Because those who scoff have been of the abrasive, unbelieving variety for the most part, there is a standard Bible verse reply I’ve usually employed in response.

The scriptural reply has most often been intended to let those mocking know that they are, in actuality, fulfilling Bible prophecy.

“Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation” (2 Peter 3:3-4).

As of late, however, such a reply doesn’t quite fit that which should compose an appropriate response. That is because the questions are coming weekly from genuine believers in the Pre-Trib Rapture of the Church. These Christians are worried–some very worried.

These look around them, and on every side they see and feel the satanic pressures from this fallen sphere closing in. Issues and events –the very ambience in which they find their lives engulfed–generate thoughts that their circumstance is beginning to look much like the Bible’s description of the Tribulation itself.

Continue Reading:

From the article: "It’s the kind of questioning I’ve heard in my own kids’ anxieties when they were young and felt disappointed for one of my failures or the other to keep a promise. “Dad should never let me down like that” is the tone.

Only this perceived unkept promise isn’t from an imperfect human father. I say “perceived unkept promise” because the promise isn’t unbroken whatsoever. The error is in the question of the imperfect child asking it. His Perfect Father will, as always, be one hundred percent faithful to keep every promise made."

In my opinion, as the bride we are to wait while maintaining a joyful expectation, knowing that He will come, because He has promised, and not fretting that we don’t know when. Keeping faith in our Bridegroom, without giving in to feelings that maybe He has stood us up. Or has decided to take His time for some silly reason. We may see things get much much worse and this should not affect our perception that we are waiting for our Bridegroom.
He loves us.

In my opinion, as the bride we are to wait while maintaining a joyful expectation, knowing that He will come, because He has promised, and not fretting that we don’t know when. Keeping faith in our Bridegroom, without giving in to feelings that maybe He has stood us up. Or has decided to take His time for some silly reason. We may see things get much much worse and this should not affect our perception that we are waiting for our Bridegroom.
He loves us.
:100percent:
That's my opinion, too, sister. And Terry's. As he writes in the article: "God knows exactly the instant He will send His Son to get His Bride, make no mistake. There is no delay.”

He loves us.
I use to worry about when will He come, or are there signs Im missing. Now, I live my life the best I can, and try and help others when I can. I cant truly say Im in a hurry to be called home, as I still have family members I would gladly stick around as long as necessary to see them become saved.

I expect and hope that Jesus will come for me at any moment (imminent return doctrine), but understand that God's timing isn't our timing.
In the meantime, we're to be about God's work He has set out for us to do until that moment.
I hope Jesus finds me about His work when He returns, instead of goofing off, being lazy, sinning . . .

:pray: :pray: :amen: :amen: :thankyou: :thankyou:

:100percent:
That's my opinion, too, sister. And Terry's. As he writes in the article: "God knows exactly the instant He will send His Son to get His Bride, make no mistake. There is no delay.”
Hello Matt. Reminds me of this scripture:

For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come
and will not delay
(Habakkuk 2:3).

God Bless All :)

Back