What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Pharoah will be comforted in the pit"

Amethyst

† He hath shed his own blood for my soul
Scripture says that Pharaoh is comforted in hell when he sees all his peeps down there with too. No mention of his unhappiness or deep regret of not obeying God. Just consolation that he is not alone to suffer...or something...
In the Lazarus/rich man tale scripture never says that about the rich man either. It doesnt say he was comforted, but nothing about his own personal regret or sorrow of not obeying the Lord. Or begging the Lord to let them change their minds.
This is apparently why it's forever gnashing of teeth. Their hearts are still so hard, they would never change.
Very interesting.

Ezekiel 32:30-31

30b ...they lie uncircumcised with those who are slain by the sword, and bear their shame with those who go down to the pit.

31 “When Pharaoh sees them, he will be comforted for all his multitude, Pharaoh and all his army, slain by the sword, declares the Lord God.

Luke 16:22-25

22 Now it happened that the poor man died and was carried away by the angels to [a]Abraham’s arms; and the rich man also died and was buried.
23 And in Hades he raised his eyes, being in torment, and *saw Abraham far away and Lazarus in his [b]arms.
24 And he cried out and said, ‘Father Abraham, have mercy on me and send Lazarus, so that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool off my tongue, for I am in agony in this flame.’
25 But Abraham said, ‘Child, remember that during your life you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus bad things; but now he is being comforted here, and you are in agony.

As one commentary says, Pharaoh's comfort is "the melancholy satisfaction of not being alone, but of having other kingdoms companions in his downfall. This shall be his only comfort." What a melancholy comfort it is. But remember that this is in Hades, not Hell. Obviously (as we see from Luke 16 quoted above) there is a consciousness of other things in this pit. But once the Great White Thone Judgement occurs, each condemned soul will be cast into the Lake of Fire, in which they will have contact with nobody in that terrible outer darkness. Their torment will be terrible, individual, and in total isolation. Not even God will be present.

Until they're tossed in the lake if fire.
You would think that at the White Throne Judgment they would beg for mercy. But then we see that even after 1k years of being rules directly under Jesus, people still hate Him.

I think God is letting us know that our loved ones who refused Him are not going to be begging and pleading in hell for another chance. Their hatred seems to only grow!

Back