What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Open-Eyed Faith :: By Sean Gooding

Andy C

Well-known
John 14:10-11

“Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me? The words I say to you, I do not speak on My own. Instead, it is the Father dwelling in Me, performing His works. 11 Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me— or at least believe on account of the works themselves.”

Psalm 19: 1-3, “The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament shows His handiwork. Day unto day utters speech, and night unto night reveals knowledge. There is no speech nor language where their voice is not heard.”

Romans 1:20, “For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse.”

I saw an interview with a prominent brother in the Lord the other day, and he expressed how he has questions at times about his faith. Did I ask all the right questions? Did I check under every rock? Did I really think this through? Some of us, me included, at times have the same questions. We are never called to have ‘blind faith’ in the Lord. Our faith is evidence-based. The very word believe is an action word, and in particular, it is the idea of taking action. So, I believe the chair can hold me up; therefore, I sit in it; this is the idea of Biblical faith. It is more practical than hypothetical.

I see so many challenges to the Bible and its authenticity; the mere fact that they constantly challenge it like no other ‘religious’ book is, to me, the best evidence of its truth and longevity.

If one were to take the time to look through all the archeological finds that support the scriptures, like the many copies of the Old and New Testament, either in part or whole, artifacts prove the existence of King David. The fragments show Pontius Pilate and other officials of the time.

I heard that they want to bring out the ark of the covenant but there's 45 or so levels that are complicated and unstable to bring it out to the open.

I wonder if the Lord would still act the same way he did towards it like he did in the OT

ie If anyone other than a levite priest touched it they would die instantly

Back