What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Iran launches dozens of drones toward Israel

The IDF announced on Saturday night that Iran has launched dozens of drones directly from its territory against Israel, in a radical change from its usual use of proxies.

The military said that it is ready to shoot them down, though air defense is not hermetic.

The IDF's shoot-down capabilities include aircraft, Iron Dome, David's Sling, and the Arrow missile system.

In addition, the military can use GPS scrambling to disable certain kinds of attacking drones.

More

Any ideas why Israel won’t just drop a nuke on Iran? I’m not well versed on international politics. What would be the biggest threat if they did that? It seems like Israel is already hated by everyone so I’m not sure what would be the worst case outcome for them.
Environmental nightmare unless neutron device, and even then, probable "unforeseen consequences/effects," and not just to Iran
Also far too many innocent civilian casualties.
International retaliation, likely not limited to sanctions, and likely persecution/pogroms against Jewish people world-wide.

Any ideas why Israel won’t just drop a nuke on Iran? I’m not well versed on international politics. What would be the biggest threat if they did that? It seems like Israel is already hated by everyone so I’m not sure what would be the worst case outcome for them.

The next country that uses nukes will likely be condemned by the whole world. But since the whole world already hates Israel I think they hit every Iranian nuclear related site with a nuke.

Regardless of Israel's phenomenal ability to design and build outstanding weapons itself, it still imports a large amount of munitions and materiel from other countries. If they dropped a nuke, that supply would be cut off and they would be completely on their own against a well supplied opponent/opponents.

I am so thankful to God that it probably won’t happen. There are so many Christians there now. The fastest growing church in the world!!!
I also feel for the innocent people of Iran, most of whom despise their government.

Israel will respond, and if an all out attack, Russia could then intervene in a “hooks in the jaw” type scenario. However, at this point I think it's a little premature to expect this.
I agree here. It is still premature to think this is the beginning of Gog/Magog war. I believe what we are seeing is a further solidification of the forces described in EZ 38. Israel will retaliate in some way and then Irans allies will begin to formalize a plan of attack or response to this. What Iran did is not going to stop where it is right now. Remember these Gog/Magog nations and allies are going to physically invade the land. Thats going to take some well-thought plans and may take some time to formalize if they plan to do it strategically.

15 Then you will come from your place out of the far north, you and many peoples with you, all of them riding on horses, a great company and a mighty army. 16 You will come up against My people Israel like a cloud, to cover the land. It will be in the latter days that I will bring you against My land, so that the nations may know Me, when I am hallowed in you, O Gog, before their eyes.”

The New King James Version (Nashville: Thomas Nelson, 1982), Eze 38:15–16.

But what we are seeing, at any rate, should have all of us praying for Israel/Jerusalem and God's guidance and protection of the innocent and all true Christian believers. And it should also draw us closer to Jesus and looking to see Him soon!!

Because of the 2024 elections in the US, while the US is still is disarray, I feel the weakness in Washington will be a further reason for the axis of evil to continue to peck away at God's Land and the Israeli's etc, inhabiting it.

It will be interesting to see how things go, but first and foremost lets keep doing God's work till He comes.

I am so thankful to God that it probably won’t happen. There are so many Christians there now. The fastest growing church in the world!!!
I also feel for the innocent people of Iran, most of whom despise their government.
They will continue to endure oppression and death. Martyrs for the Lord. Some will escape prior to the Rapture, but all will escape the persecution and be swept up into peace when it occurs. I say these things because it is 100% illegal to be a Christian in Iran. Praying for these brothers and sisters as well as all the others under severe persecution around the world.

Countries where Christianity is illegal

From the Link: "What does it mean for Christianity to be illegal? The severity of the laws (and the punishments for breaking them) vary depending upon the specific country. In most cases, it means Christians cannot gather to worship together in churches. Nor can they publicly express their faith or attempt to preach the gospel and attempt to lead others to adopt that faith. It frequently also means that simply owning a Bible or talking about Christianity—even among family members in the privacy of one's own home—can result in imprisonment or death."

Regardless of Israel's phenomenal ability to design and build outstanding weapons itself, it still imports a large amount of munitions and materiel from other countries. If they dropped a nuke, that supply would be cut off and they would be completely on their own against a well supplied opponent/opponents.
Except for God and His angels :)

I assume you are referring to:

Ezekiel 38:10–11 (NKJV): 11 You will say, ‘I will go up against a land of unwalled villages; I will go to a peaceful people, who dwell safely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having neither bars nor gates’—

...and similar passages in that context. It's my thought that for 1900 years Israel was a scattered people that were never really safe and never had a land they could call home. 1948 changed all that as the Lord opened the doors for them to stream back into their own land.

Despite some wars such as 1967 and 1973, they lived in enough safety and freedom to be able to become one of the most prosperous nations in the world. There safety was enhanced because of a strong military, Western alliances, and God's will being worked out among them. Unlike the ancient days, their cities no longer required an encircling wall to give the people security.

On the outside looking in, the enemies of Israel see the land as a small strip that couldn't possibly continue to defend themselves. In the passage they see it as easy prey. That is, with the right offensive plan, they could take the land.

I do not take the security passages to mean they have to be in a utopic state of security before the Gog axis invades. But rather, Israel will be like other nations, that rely on Govt., military, and key pacts with other nations to protect them. I am at peace in the US because we have these same things in place and I have a strong faith in God as my ultimate Rock of safety. But even here the fabric of our nation is breaking down.

The fact that Iran sent 330 missles/drones into Israel and 99% were shot down is a glimpse of God's protection and a strong military with strong alliances protecting them. To God be the glory.

The enemy is blind to the fact that Israel is not easy prey. I think one of the reasons they were attacked yesterday, is they do not believe the US and other nations will really help protect Israel. The time will come when Israel will be invaded based on these presuppositions. When that happens, only God will be their protector. But they will suffer heavy losses according to Zechariah in the days of the coming tribulation.

Amir posted a Jewish physicist's explanation of how the interception of Iran's attack was a huge miracle-- "sharper than the victory of the 6 Day War"!

Quite a military achievement, backed by the King of Israel! Not sure who to believe but some reports indicate this was a true show of force with destruction in mind. Not just a bunch of rockets put in the air to be or not be shot down by Israel etc. Their targets were supposedly major cities/population.

I think Israel will respond but not nuclear. Then things will settle down, some. Some see this conflict as the 'hook in the jaw' that draws in Russia. I still think the 'hook' is Israels oil and gas reserves. Ezekiel mentions coming for plunder. Russia's economy will take a big hit when the EastMed reserves come on line in 2025 I think. That will take Europe out of the Russian oil market, Israel will get stronger and then Russia will be more prominent. Anyway, this recent missile exchange is more 'stage setting', I think. On a different but related issue, I don't think the Psalm 83 issue is a war prophecy. I think that is misleading. I'm not sure about the Isaiah 17 Damascus thing. There are a lot of terrorist groups in Damascus so there is that. I don't think Israel will go nuclear.

Back