What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Iran launches dozens of drones toward Israel

The IDF announced on Saturday night that Iran has launched dozens of drones directly from its territory against Israel, in a radical change from its usual use of proxies.

The military said that it is ready to shoot them down, though air defense is not hermetic.

The IDF's shoot-down capabilities include aircraft, Iron Dome, David's Sling, and the Arrow missile system.

In addition, the military can use GPS scrambling to disable certain kinds of attacking drones.

More

So this isnt over? Iran is testing Israel's defenses as Margery said, so maybe that's why Iran hasn't used their best [yet]?
And Russia said if the U.S. helps Israel, then Russia will help Iran.
Didnt the U.S., Britain, and Jordan just "help" in some way?

And I read that Biden suggested to Netanyahu that Israel not retaliate.

I wonder if there will be a pause before this escalates, and who makes the next move. (A pause doesn't make sense to me but I dont have a strategic mind.)
Iran doesn't want to waste their expensive weapons till they see how Israel responds, maybe if Israel shows a weak spot here or there.

Yes Israel got some help but like the situation with Gaza - it only takes hours before the "allies" start undermining Israel's right to defend herself. I expect more of that to quickly appear.

Biden's "suggestion" will shortly become a threat.

Israel may pause to assess where best to attack, but hopefully she doesn't take a long time because that just gives her enemies at the UN and around the world time to attack via the media and gain world opinion against her, as was done with Gaza.

Amir is something , you can tell when he's irritated 😆

Iran knew that the US would protect it, and try to prevent Israel from attacking back.
That is exactly why they were bold enough to attack to begin with.

Amir Tsarfati

The only reason it didn't cause widespread damage and massive casualties is because Israel and its allies have, for years, invested billions of dollars in developing sophisticated air defense systems against the threat posed by Iran. Most of the missiles and drones were intercepted before they reached Israel's borders because Israel and its allies were prepared for them. But make no mistake: this Iranian attack was meant to rain death and destruction on the people of Israel. If Israel doesn't respond, it will open the door to further and more severe attacks by Iran, which has stated its desire and intention to destroy the Jewish state on numerous occasions. No other country would be asked to put up with that. Neither should Israel.

(Avi Mayer on X)

Iran invented chess. This feels like a chess match. We saw the opening move. Now it's up to Israel to make the first counter move and then Iran gets to choose it's strategy from there. Iran controlled the opening move this way, and they waited till they could reasonably claim they were striking back for the loss of their operatives in Damascus when their "annex" was bombed with pin point precision.

Notice how Iran said that Israel should NOT retaliate, that Iran now feels it's saved face over the loss of their people in Damascus. Iran claims they are finished with their revenge.

Then how quick Biden is to parrot the same line.

Israel is supposed to lie down and take the beating. Iran KNOWS Israel won't let that happen, but it gives Iran a strategic advantage with world opinion. Everyone will think like Biden does. Israel should sit back and take it because Iran said they are finished unless Israel retaliates.

This makes Israel look like the bully.

And everyone else like Biden gets to feel like they are acting as peacemakers while Israel tries to defend herself and gets labelled as the bully.

Iran probably has several hundred combatants in the USA waiting for the go signal.
It's frustrating being retired and listening to the different arabic dialects and accents here ON AMERICAN SOIL [sigh]
even worse understanding implications based on which regions, countries, and sects are represented in said language variables and traditional attire :mad:
The men think they're blending in by adopting Western dress, etc., but their women and girls are walking billboards :lol:

Sometimes I want to get on top of a billboard with a bullhorn and holler . . . "can't you see?"
But it would do no good, because Minnesota Nice [ostrich with head in sand emoji]

All I can do is pray and keep on wearing The Gospel around in the belly of the beast . . .
We can bless them with The Gospel, or God will curse us with sharia
Fortunately, Minnesota (via churches, immigration/refugee organizations, etc.) does a very good job of teaching English to new arrivals, and many already speak and read English to at least some degree when they get here :hyper:

They can do their thing, I'll do mine, and The Holy Ghost can do it all <3 The Word never returns void <3

:pray: :pray: :amen: :amen: :thankyou: :thankyou:

Many analysts didnt think Iran would actually attack Israel for fear of Israel's retaliation against their uranium enrichment sites... that Iran would want to have a nuclear missile before taking such a risk.

Well, they took the risk.
Is it possible Iran does already have a nuke?
If they don't, USSR does :tap: Also China, etc.
and they can be sources of both unprocessed and processed/enriched ore :tap:

Britt Gillette has been warning about the capabilities of drones and drone warfare quite a lot.

Because drones are cheap they can be used to overwhelm sophisticated defence systems in large numbers. As the enemy launches a fleet of drones, only one or two need to get to the target, and the others are used to overwhelm the defences.

The target uses expensive tech to shoot down the drones and eventually bleeds to death financially. Even if no drones get thru, the financial hit is severe and ongoing.

Drones are cheap, the defences to shoot them down are not.
Hopefully, Iron Beam, which doesn't require $b'zillions for expendable munitions, online soon.

In the meantime, maybe every IDF Soldier can get issued a laser pointer, or at least lasers on individual weapons *maisey*
. . . if laser attacks from such can cause airline pilots to have "issues," . . .

and there's always counter-drone drones . . .

Biden speaks of only a diplomatic response.
America is only in Israel for defense purposes.
Iran understands that no U.S.-Israeli joint strike is coming soon.

Israel doesn't need the U.S. to do this.

They have God.

American sources to Fox News: It seems that the Iranian attack has "stopped". According to American officials, the unprecedented attack included 185 submarines, 36 cruise missiles and 110 ballistic missiles. Israel is preparing for a response.

185 drones v.s. submarines?

If Israel doesn't respond, it will open the door to further and more severe attacks by Iran, which has stated its desire and intention to destroy the Jewish state on numerous occasions. No other country would be asked to put up with that. Neither should Israel.

I agree. If Israel doesn't respond with widespread destruction to Iran, Iran will feel it has a green light to attack Israel anytime it wants to. There has to be a cost to Iran that compels Iran to consider repercussions before doing anything like this again.

I also believe that Iran most likely has nukes by now. After being told for years that Iran is 2 weeks away... maybe Iran wants Israel to attack them so they can in their own mind appear to be fully justified when they launch nukes at Israel. I would suggest that they might be launched from a naval vessel in the Med so Israel has a very short time to respond.

I dont think Israel will respond with total destruction, but they will severely attack them and hopefully, decimate their nuke sites.

Here is my 2 cents worth of theories.

Israel will respond, and if an all out attack, Russia could then intervene in a “hooks in the jaw” type scenario. However, at this point I think it's a little premature to expect this.

After attacking Iran in a somewhat measured response, Israel will then refocus and double down on Hamas, and also move on to Hezbollah. The later could possibly pull the Russians in.

If Ezekiel 38-39 is getting closer to becoming a reality, then Israels neighbors will first have to be neutralized because none of them are listed as players in the Gog-Magog alliance.

Lots of possibilities could happen, and I think what actually will take place will depend on the severity of Israels response to last nights attack.

I dont think Israel will respond with total destruction, but they will severely attack them and hopefully, decimate their nuke sites.

Here is my 2 cents worth of theories.

Israel will respond, and if an all out attack, Russia could then intervene in a “hooks in the jaw” type scenario. However, at this point I think it's a little premature to expect this.

After attacking Iran in a somewhat measured response, Israel will then refocus and double down on Hamas, and also move on to Hezbollah. The later could possibly pull the Russians in.

If Ezekiel 38-39 is getting closer to becoming a reality, then Israels neighbors will first have to be neutralized because none of them are listed as players in the Gog-Magog alliance.

Lots of possibilities could happen, and I think what actually will take place will depend on the severity of Israels response to last nights attack.
Any ideas why Israel won’t just drop a nuke on Iran? I’m not well versed on international politics. What would be the biggest threat if they did that? It seems like Israel is already hated by everyone so I’m not sure what would be the worst case outcome for them.

Back