What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Iran launches dozens of drones toward Israel

The IDF announced on Saturday night that Iran has launched dozens of drones directly from its territory against Israel, in a radical change from its usual use of proxies.

The military said that it is ready to shoot them down, though air defense is not hermetic.

The IDF's shoot-down capabilities include aircraft, Iron Dome, David's Sling, and the Arrow missile system.

In addition, the military can use GPS scrambling to disable certain kinds of attacking drones.

More

Many analysts didnt think Iran would actually attack Israel for fear of Israel's retaliation against their uranium enrichment sites... that Iran would want to have a nuclear missile before taking such a risk.

Well, they took the risk.
Is it possible Iran does already have a nuke?
Maybe they are secure in their support and sure that Israel doesn’t have USA support as before.

Britt Gillette has been warning about the capabilities of drones and drone warfare quite a lot.

Because drones are cheap they can be used to overwhelm sophisticated defence systems in large numbers. As the enemy launches a fleet of drones, only one or two need to get to the target, and the others are used to overwhelm the defences.

The target uses expensive tech to shoot down the drones and eventually bleeds to death financially. Even if no drones get thru, the financial hit is severe and ongoing.

Drones are cheap, the defences to shoot them down are not.

I also see these drones as testing Israel's defences. Why waste an expensive nuke on a cruise missile until they test the defences. How does Israel respond? Where are the weak points? How close to target did some of the drones get before being struck down? Who struck them down?

Some of the drones that initially were thought to have come from Yemen were being sent by Iran, out of Iran but towards the Dimona nuclear base.

This is only Iran's opening move and I think it's designed to give them information rather than act as the one and only war strike. I think the Dimona target may have been one of the primary reasons for this move.

Because Iran will want to knock Dimona out (and any other nuclear sites) before launching their nukes to prevent Israel retaliating. Since their end game is a nuclear attack on Israel, it stands to reason that anything they do will be governed by that motive.

If anything this says more than ever that Iran is serious about using her nukes on Israeli targets. Iran will have a short window of opportunity as Israel's defences will also be learning more about Iran's methods.

Iran is not dumb, they didn't launch this in the heat of retaliation like the media and Iran said. This is a calculated ramping up of aggression, to see what windows of opportunity open up to attack Israel while reducing risk to Iran.

Israeli sources to the NYT: Iran launched a total of 331 missiles and UAVs

The Iranian airstrike is over. After a long and tense night, the attack came to an end and as we can see at the moment - it gave the opening signal for an official confrontation between Israel and Iran, in what is yet to escalate and develop into a real war.

Israeli sources to the NYT: Iran launched a total of 331 missiles and UAVs

The Iranian airstrike is over. After a long and tense night, the attack came to an end and as we can see at the moment - it gave the opening signal for an official confrontation between Israel and Iran, in what is yet to escalate and develop into a real war.

🙏🇮🇱

American sources to Fox News: It seems that the Iranian attack has "stopped". According to American officials, the unprecedented attack included 185 submarines, 36 cruise missiles and 110 ballistic missiles. Israel is preparing for a response.

Praying for Israel, thanking God this attack is over. Praying for Israeli leaders for wisdom. While America and Britain helped defend Israel today, they'll do everything they can to stop Israel from dealing with Iran and the long term far bigger nuclear threat. Israel will have to act fast if she can act at all.

I also see these drones as testing Israel's defences. Why waste an expensive nuke on a cruise missile until they test the defences. How does Israel respond? Where are the weak points? How close to target did some of the drones get before being struck down? Who struck them down?

Some of the drones that initially were thought to have come from Yemen were being sent by Iran, out of Iran but towards the Dimona nuclear base.

This is only Iran's opening move and I think it's designed to give them information rather than act as the one and only war strike. I think the Dimona target may have been one of the primary reasons for this move.

Because Iran will want to knock Dimona out (and any other nuclear sites) before launching their nukes to prevent Israel retaliating. Since their end game is a nuclear attack on Israel, it stands to reason that anything they do will be governed by that motive.

If anything this says more than ever that Iran is serious about using her nukes on Israeli targets. Iran will have a short window of opportunity as Israel's defences will also be learning more about Iran's methods.

Iran is not dumb, they didn't launch this in the heat of retaliation like the media and Iran said. This is a calculated ramping up of aggression, to see what windows of opportunity open up to attack Israel while reducing risk to Iran.
I like how you put this. A calculated attempt by Iran that could have been used for preliminary assessments of where the responsive defenses are coming from. I believe that is a good assessment and will be used in more attacks. We all know that God's land will be defended at all costs. So I am on the lookout for the evil axis to solidify in the coming days. Keep preaching Jesus. The world needs to know that He is Savior and Lord, the only hope for all of humanity. Soon enough, in His time we will see Him!

the attack came to an end and as we can see at the moment - it gave the opening signal for an official confrontation between Israel and Iran, in what is yet to escalate and develop into a real war.

So this isnt over? Iran is testing Israel's defenses as Margery said, so maybe that's why Iran hasn't used their best [yet]?
And Russia said if the U.S. helps Israel, then Russia will help Iran.
Didnt the U.S., Britain, and Jordan just "help" in some way?

And I read that Biden suggested to Netanyahu that Israel not retaliate.

I wonder if there will be a pause before this escalates, and who makes the next move. (A pause doesn't make sense to me but I dont have a strategic mind.)

Praying for Israel, thanking God this attack is over. Praying for Israeli leaders for wisdom. While America and Britain helped defend Israel today, they'll do everything they can to stop Israel from dealing with Iran and the long term far bigger nuclear threat. Israel will have to act fast if she can act at all.
I can't get over how there was no involvement from Iran's proxies Hamas and Hezbollah.
It's like Iran wasn't intending on doing a lot of damage to Israel but appeared to be just "flexing their muscles", like this was more of a "test run" for something greater in the future.
Thoughts?

I can't get over how there was no involvement from Iran's proxies Hamas and Hezbollah.
It's like Iran wasn't intending on doing a lot of damage to Israel but appeared to be just "flexing their muscles", like this was more of a "test run" for something greater in the future.
Thoughts?
I agree, it's more of a test run. I thought I saw some news that Hezbollah was launching some rockets out of Lebanon to send their best wishes to Israel, and the IDF sent their regards back in the usual way :lol: but I think it was overshadowed by everything else.

And I can't shake the feeling this was just to test the defences of Israel particularly around the Dimona nuke site in the Negev. At first they thought some drones were coming in from Yemen, because they were aimed at the Negev where Dimona is, but they were from Iran.

BELIEVE IT OR NOT BUT BIDEN DOESN’T WANT US TO RESPOND….

Biden told Netanyahu that he opposes any Israeli attack on Iran and will not take part in it.

Amir Tsarfati

Remember when Biden appears saying “Don’t” to Iran and its proxies, it’s always a “Don’t” for an Israeli action against them!

I agree, it's more of a test run. I thought I saw some news that Hezbollah was launching some rockets out of Lebanon to send their best wishes to Israel, and the IDF sent their regards back in the usual way :lol: but I think it was overshadowed by everything else.

And I can't shake the feeling this was just to test the defences of Israel particularly around the Dimona nuke site in the Negev. At first they thought some drones were coming in from Yemen, because they were aimed at the Negev where Dimona is, but they were from Iran.
Agreed and I think also to see who, as in Nations, would get involved in military support of Israel

Back