What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Have you had your trial yet? - Something I wrote

This is the part I'm not sure about. Edited-- I see there are more posts on this so I will keep reading.
Look at post #33 🙂

And this...
James 1:2 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;
James 1:3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.
James 1:4 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

Look at post #33 🙂

And this...
James 1:2 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;
James 1:3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.
James 1:4 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.
I've just came out of 2 big ones and as usual, the Lord has surprised me with the left field way he has answered my prayer and got me out of it

I would agree that my statement of "close to God" was incorrect. That is the problem with putting what we think into words. My point was it is better that we go through trials, explaining just why it is better from the Bible is kind of hard. Selecting "close to God" was not the best way of expressing that it is better for us.

Understood, thanks.

DH and I are saying goodbye to our oldest daughter tomorrow. This has consumed us for the past 3 weeks and has been one of the biggest trials, with some AWESOME confirmation that our prayers for her, have NEVER returned void! All of the prayers of those in Him never return void!

She was estranged from us for over 15 years, mostly because we had adopted her oldest daughter. We adopted her and to keep her away from drugs and all of the evil that comes with it, distanced ourselves but never stopped praying for her! And out of the blue, just after we were visited by a detective that told us she had died, was a woman, God sent, who lead a Friday night teaching for addicts that our daughter had gone to twice before she died. The last Friday she had been, she testified about her life and what she’d done to her family, her children and more, rededicating her life to Jesus. We also learned that she had been fighting skin cancer for the past five years, as well as addiction.

She had been baptized years before and God, He heard every prayer, and we know, that she’s with Him and that she’s not suffering any longer! We will see her again and God, willing soon! Please pray for us, tomorrow will be a hard day, but all the glory will go to Him! This same woman who told us about her testimony will be coming to tell everyone about our daughter’s testimony and maybe she can reach those family members who will be there and are unbelievers. I halfway expected them to beg out, but they don’t know about this, so perhaps her testimony can reach them, God willing!

I don’t know about all of you, my sisters and brothers, but I groan inwardly, I long to be with Him, to see Him face-to-face! This world has NOTHING for me, I ache to be with my Savior, but until then, I will continue as He commanded! Even so, Lord Jesus, come quickly!

Back