What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dynamic pricing in the grocery store stealing from the consumer!

It was a big deal a few weeks ago locally, Wendy's said they were going to start changing prices at different times of day. There was so much backlash that I believe the entire plan was scrapped.

After perusing this thread yesterday, I did some googling, and saw that both McDonalds and Wendys and possibly Burger King have experimented with this pricing scheme.

When I'm traveling I'd have no idea if I was being charged more than a store's regular price because I wouldn't know what their regular prices are, but locally I know the prices of the things I buy from the businesses I frequent.

I think there's a pretty good chunk of the population that wouldn't even notice. There seem to be so many that really don't pay attention, and I don't think the depth of their pockets is a factor, it's just a human trait for some, I think. The problem for the companies would be the chunk of people that will notice and who might get upset enough that they write that business off forever. It's not a good policy to try things that could lose you your best customers who frequently visit your business.

Back