What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is your short story or one sentence, Why Do You love God?

I'm amazed and awed that God loved me so much that He sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to die an agonizing death on the cross to pay the penalty for all my horrible, terrible, miserable, disgusting, and presumptive sins, and that He would have done so, even I had been the only person, who had ever sinned <3

Like all the others I stand amazed that the Lord God of all creation, the Lord of the universe, pure and perfect, high and lifted up, should regard a piece of self-focused, self-willed scum such as myself. Yet He did! And I will love him forever that He Loved me so much that He gave his Son for me that I might live with Him forever. I don't understand it. I certainly in no way deserve it. But I so deeply, deeply, deeply appreciate it. Glory to His Name!!! \o/ \o/ \o/

I cannot even put into words how much love I have for God. For forgiving my sins and allowing me to try again to follow his word the Bible.
And, glory to God, we don't have to try in our own strength as the people of the Old Testament had to. For the gospel of Jesus Christ has given us an incredible gift. As the old rhyme attributed to John Bunyan says:

Run, John, run the law commands​
But gives me neither feet nor hands;​
A better thing the gospel brings,​
It bids me fly and gives me wings.​

Oh! what wonders Christ has worked on our behalf through His sacrificial death and His resurrection! How awesome! What love! And what love we owe Him.

He called me at 4, and 10 years later at 14 my Christian mother died, and my unsaved father became a full blown alcoholic. Dad gave me to an abusive relative a year later. He kept my 11 year old sister till he sent her away too, to live in a boarding house at the age of 14 for strangers to raise. It didn't go well.

I learned to trust God in the middle of the pain. I learned to trust Him even more as He brought me thru many more challenges over the years.

In it all, I've learned to know Christ and to trust Him more and more. The valleys are more precious because I've grown to know and trust God in those hard times. He truly is a very present help in times of trouble. The mountain tops are wonderful but I've gained far more in the valleys.

Philippians 3:10 that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death,

Getting to know Him happens more in those valleys. But there's even more gain in those valleys. A benefit we give to others. The valleys are so worth it.

2 Corinthians 1:3-5

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort,

4 who comforts us in all our affliction so that we will be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

5 For just as the sufferings of Christ are ours in abundance, so also our comfort is abundant through Christ.

I will never understand what God saw in me and in us to send His Only Begotten Son to pay for our trespasses... He alone gave us a hope and a future. We see all around us serving a fallen angel, but our Saviour is pure and righteous, there is none in the universe of universes like Him! Forever grateful!

Back