What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Husbands Love Your Wives

Goodboy

Just waiting for the Rapture at this point!
Husbands Love Your Wives

Ephesians 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

What do you do when your wife is not acting correctly? Bottom line is, that all YOU can do for your wife is for YOU (not her) to do what is right in God’s eyes.

What I mean by that is we (including myself) tend to focus on what the other person’s issues are and how WE can fix THEM. Yes there are times when we can fix someone else’s problems especially with children. With adults and especially our wives it is EXTREEMLY hard if not impossible for us to fix any problem they have by focusing on it. What usually happens is that they begin to see us as the enemy.

Should we do nothing? Well funny enough, we should do almost nothing regarding the problem. What we do need to do is to LOVE our wives as the Bible instructs. In doing so we can set an example of what is good and right in God’s eyes. If they are doing something incorrect we should not agree with it, but if it is not something too destructive we should just bear it, assuming we are able. In this way we are setting the example that EVEN when people are not acting correctly or treating you correctly, you can STILL LOVE THEM. This is EXTREEMLY important for our wives to understand.

One thing that most people tend to do is to evaluate what is and is not fair regarding their relationship with their spouse. As an example, the thought of “I said sorry the last five arguments and I was not even wrong, now it’s your turn”. Or “I give 100% to this relationship and you only give 40%, it’s time for you to start holding up your part”. While this may sound logical is does not work that way. We should ALL strive to give all we can. As example, maybe for whatever reason your wife can ONLY give a maximum of 40%, so that is her 100%.

The Bible says we become one flesh with our wives. Think about this for a minute. If your left leg was only giving you 30% when trying to walk, what would you do? You would tell your right leg that it would need to give 70% to make up the difference. Now concerning your left leg, would you now scold your left leg for not doing its part? Or would you attempt to see what the problem with your left leg was in a loving concerned way and then endeavor to help correct the problem?

A friend of mine who has been married for many years ONLY recently started thinking this way after his marriage was starting to go in the wrong direction. He prayed and asked God what to do expecting God to say how he would change his wife.

But unexpectedly God told my friend that he needed to change and JUST LOVE HER! God said that he loved and still loves us in spite of our actions. God said that Jesus loved even those who persecuted and ultimately killed him. God said he understood that things are not fair in this world, but this is Satan’s system. God said that our rewards are waiting for us in Heaven, but even now things will be better if we just use his principles.

Did God really say all that? Well, as God put those thoughts in my friend’s mind that line up with his Word, the answer is YES.

Husbands, love your wives

Goodboy
🙂

Husbands, love your wives
Those four words are always what catch people's attention. They seem to ignore the five word qualifier that finishes the sentence. That qualifier significantly alters the first four words.

You see, in human terms I can love my wife. But it's not enough to merely love my wife, I must love her according to the remaining five words: "as Christ loved the Church.”. Now, that is impressive. And scary for a flawed man such as I.

How can I love like Christ loved? He loved wholeheartedly, at great personal loss and suffering for Himself, with no thought to His own good, but every thought only for the ones He loved... namely every person in the world... even those who harmed Him, rejected Him, scorned Him. abused Him, crucified Him, and then mocked Him while He died for them! And THAT is the love with which I am to live my own wife!!! What a challenge! What a goal!

And it can only be achieved --even to the least degree-- if I daily pick up my cross, continually crucify my flesh through the power of the Holy Spirit, constantly seek to give Christ lordship of my life. O Lord, please help me!

Back