What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do You think of this answer

Andiamo

Hanging on to the Throne

Questioner asked for the gospel

I agree with you that man has done a good job of making religion seem complicated, but God made it simple. It doesn’t matter which translation of the Bible you read or what language you read it in. They all agree on four basic things.

1. There is a God who created you and will judge you according your behavior (Romans 1:18-20).

2. Knowing you couldn’t possibly survive such a judgment, He sent His Son to save you from the penalty set to be levied against you (Colossians 2:13-14).

3. His Son died in your place and then rose again to prove that His death was sufficient to pay this penalty in full (1 Cor. 15:3-4, Romans 10:9-10).

4. Everyone who believes the Son of God died for them will not perish but will have everlasting life (John 3:16).

Every legitimate translation states these things clearly. To receive salvation all you have to do is believe them and ask in faith to be saved (Romans 10:13). If you do that you’ll inherit eternal life. And that’s not all. God will also send His Holy Spirit to you guarantee this and to help you clear up all the confusion so you can understand His book (John 16:13, 1 Cor. 2:14). That’s the simple Gospel.

The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, but considers them foolishness and cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned (1 Cor. 2:14).

I like this one too, from Andy Woods church website

Now that you have an understanding of what the gospel is and how it saves an individual like yourself, how can you now share the good news with others? There are five essential truths to convey when sharing the gospel with unbelievers.
  1. Bad News #1: You are a sinner before a holy God. Romans 3:23 says, “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.”
  2. Bad News #2: The penalty for your sin is death. Romans 6:23 says, “For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord” (See also Genesis 2:17).
  3. Good News #1: God, in His infinite love, provided Jesus Christ Who died for you and paid your sin penalty. Romans 5:8 illustrates this well. It says, “But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”
  4. Good News #2: You can be saved from hell by trusting in Jesus Christ alone to save you. Romans 4:5 teaches, “But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is credited as righteousness.” Also, in Ephesians 2:8-9 it says, “For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.
  5. Good News #3: God wants you to know for sure that you are saved and have eternal life. John 5:24: Jesus says,“Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life. He also said in John 6:47, “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes has eternal life. 1 John 5:13 says, “These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life.

We are separated from God not because of our behavior but because of not having faith in Christ. Then We are judged at the great white throne judgement for our behavior.
Would this be a more accurate way to say #1?
Jacks point number 1 simply showed nobody is good enough, all are lost with faith in Him.

Yes, unbeliever's are judged at the great white throne and their eternal punishment has already determined. Believers are judged at the BEMA seat, where our eternal fate as already been decided because of our belief.

We are separated from God not because of our behavior but because of not having faith in Christ. Then We are judged at the great white throne judgement for our behavior.
Would this be a more accurate way to say #1?
What you write is very true, but I'm not sure it's more accurate than the original. May I suggest accuracy would be along the lines of: we are separated from God because we are born with a sinful nature. Since sin cannot live in the presence of God; when we die and appear before Him, He must judge us unworthy.

Interesting thread. Makes us think of how to simplify what man has complicated.

nteresting thread. Makes us think of how to simplify what man has complicated.
That’s what I’m trying to do. I want to be able to nail it in just a few sentences.
we are separated from God because we are born with a sinful nature. Since sin cannot live in the presence of God; when we die and appear before Him, He must judge us unworthy
I like this and This is what I used to say. Now I am confused because I’m made to feel something is wrong with simply saying this because of what Ray Comfort says.
Thank you.

That’s what I’m trying to do. I want to be able to nail it in just a few sentences.

I like this and This is what I used to say. Now I am confused because I’m made to feel something is wrong with simply saying this because of what Ray Comfort says.
Thank you.
Remember this, and I'm quoting a quick google search but it states this one truth well: "The Holy Spirit convicts the world of sin, not sins, but sin. He convicts us of only one sin which is unbelief in Jesus. He convicts the believer of righteousness."

Back