What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Russell Brand: ‘The More I Pray, the More Coincidences Happen’

I didn't start with anyone famous.

I started with the adults in my family, especially my Maternal Grandmother, and my Sunday School teachers and Children's Church Pastors. I came to saving faith at 3 in Molly's Sunday School classroom :)

As a teen, I first learned about pre-Trib eschatology by reading Hal Lindsey's Late Great Planet Earth :)

:bouncies:

:thankyou: GOD!!! :thankyou:

:pray: :pray: in Jesus' Name :amen: :amen:

This article is from 3 months ago, after Russell Brands baptism.
Only God knows the heart. 🙏

Excerpt from article:

On Sunday, April 28, 2024, Russell Brand was baptized into the Roman Catholic Church.

One of the biggest issues is that he is still promoting New Age ideas across his social media, and on April 29, he promoted what practically all Christians would define as witchcraft. April 29 is the day after his baptism and he posted a video on his social media involving tarot cards. In the video, he shares the specific meaning of the tarot card he was holding in his hand and that certain symbols can serve as “tools for reflection and personal analysis.” Ending the video, he asks viewers their view on synchronizing other spiritual practices with Christianity and jokingly asks if it is ok to “meddle in the occult arts.”

Some in the Christian world are defending the video, stating that he is “just a baby Christian” and needs discipleship. Then there are others like me who believe that Brand did not convert to Christianity but rather is just adopting certain principles and beliefs into his New Age belief system. As he talked about baptism in another of his Instagram videos, he referenced the idea of “new birth” and becoming an enlightened individual.

However, these terms are also present in other religions. They mean something entirely different from the same words within a Christian worldview. Apart from the context of the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ, these words may be the same but mean something entirely different.

Sadly, it seems that Brand does not understand that this is what it means to be a Christian and a follower of Jesus. When listening to his recent videos, it feels like he is adopting some added beliefs that fit him for his current season of life. This is what New Age spirituality often entails. It has a “cafeteria” feel to it.

Complete Article:

I was delivered from Tarot Cards and I had a bought a book on Horoscopes, never turned to them and the like again, praise God. 🙂

When I first got saved, without any sound teaching (even in the churches) my first wife and I got involved with all sorts of hyper-pentecostal characters, following first this weird doctrine and then another. When Andrea first got saved, with no source of good teaching, she first listened to Joel Osteen. It didn't take her long to realize he wasn't right, so then she began listening to Joyce Meyers. That, too, wore thin for her after a bit and she wound up with Charles Stanley. She knew Stanley's doctrine was good, but his stern manner put her off and she finally found Jimmy Evans, who opened up Scripture to her, along with the pastor of the church she began attending. My point is that many people --myself included-- may get involved in some erroneous teachings in the beginning, but if they are honest and humble the Holy Spirit will lead them into the truth.
I started with Andy Stanley the first couple of years I was saved.

I'm fortunate that I turned to the Bible immediately after getting saved. While I was attracted to pentecostalism and the charismatic movement, via the Spirit I was able to see both the good and the not good in those things. I did not throw out the baby with the bath water.

Back