What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Man Injured in Work Accident Gets 3D-Printed Fingers – A Glove That Gives His Life Back

Ghoti Ichthus

Genesis 18:32, 2 Chronicles 7:14, Acts 5:29

Man Injured in Work Accident Gets 3D-Printed Fingers – A Glove That Gives His Life Back​

By Good News Network
Jun 15, 2024

"An amputee who lost his fingers in a work accident is thrilled to be doing everyday tasks again, after being being the first person to receive new 3D-printed fingers.
Michael Altheim who had four fingers on his right hand amputated finally had his independence restored after British company Open Bionics fitted him with their state-of-the-art ‘Hero Gauntlet’.
The 52-year-old is now returning to his beloved hobbies of fishing and cycling, and can grip everyday objects.
“I previously had partial finger solutions, but the weight was really heavy, operation minimal and it wasn’t waterproof,” said the former truck driver. “I could maybe fold a towel but that was it. I’ve never been able to properly hold a screwdriver or hammer, or use it for fishing.”

More

:bouncies:

:thankyou: JESUS!!! :thankyou:

Back