What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FALLING AWAY? A STUDY OF HEBREWS 6

Honestly, what does it matter if Paul moved his fingers? The Holy Spirit wrote it. That's good enough for me. I'm not sure why arguing over the author matters, but maybe I am ignorant and about to learn something. That's certainly not unprecedented.

We are not arguing over who the 'Author' is. The Author is God. We are arguing over who the human writer is, who was inspired by God to write.

The work of God in writing the Bible can be compared to Jesus Christ Himself. Human yet Divine. Both the human and the Divine are equally important.

So, to say it doesn't matter who the human was as God wrote it all, is not good enough to me. We can't know all. But those we can, we should.

Quantrill

So, to say it doesn't matter who the human was as God wrote it all, is not good enough to me. We can't know all. But those we can, we should.
Unfortunately, we cannot know who was the human being whom God used to write Hebrews with any certainty. Paul always began his letters with his name to establish his credibility and to preclude the possibility of forgeries. Hebrews does not begin in that way at all. There are many other arguments against Pauline authorship, that have already been given in this thread.

In any case, the Bible tells me that the wisdom that comes from above does not cause division and argument. There is no purpose in discussing this topic further. You believe what you want to believe. We'll believe what the evidence we have before us tells us. Therefore, since neither side is likely to move, let's end it now and move on to productive topics.

Back