What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hacking Group Possibly Stolen EVERY Social Security Number in America and From Billions of People Worldwide

I think they're speaking of the social security or national identity cards worldwide. And there are billions of those.
I was under the impression they were being specific about Social Security numbers in America as it says, maybe what possibly got hacked with those could be ID's worldwide as you say. I don't know exactly what they mean when referring to "worldwide".

I was under the impression they were being specific about Social Security numbers in America as it says, maybe what possibly got hacked with those could be ID's worldwide as you say. I don't know exactly what they mean when referring to "worldwide".
I reread the original article. The headline says Notorious Global Hacking Group Has Possibly Stolen every Social Security Number in America and From Billions of People Worldwide."

Specifically within the article they speak of the US, Canada, and the UK among others. There are approximately 100 countries that mandate the use of ID cards or issue social security numbers. So I think 2.9 billion people is not outside the realm of possibility.

I reread the original article. The headline says Notorious Global Hacking Group Has Possibly Stolen every Social Security Number in America and From Billions of People Worldwide."

Specifically within the article they speak of the US, Canada, and the UK among others. There are approximately 100 countries that mandate the use of ID cards or the issue social security numbers. So I think 2.9 billion people is not outside the realm of possibility.
I see. So other countries also issue Social Security numbers.

Yes, ma'am. I, in fact, have three of them. My American one is an SSN; my Canadian one is an SIN; and my British one is an NI. Interestingly, each contains 9 characters. The American and Canadian ones have nine digits; the British one has two alphabetical characters followed by six numbers followed by a single alphabetical character.

Yes, ma'am. I, in fact, have three of them. My American one is an SSN; my Canadian one is an SIN; and my British one is an NI. Interestingly, each contains 9 characters. The American and Canadian ones have nine digits; the British one has two alphabetical characters followed by six numbers followed by a single alphabetical character.
Interesting. Here I thought only US had Social Security numbers and because it's associated with employment taxes and retirement entitlements.
I suppose every country must have their version.

**"Additional information on OP. It was more than Social Security numbers....

Massive Data Breach Exposes Billions of Personal Records – Here’s What You Can Do to Prevent Identity Theft
The leaked information could be used by criminals to take over existing accounts, create fake accounts, and cause significant financial and personal harm to affected individuals. While some key pieces of information, such as email addresses and driver’s license or passport photos, appear to be missing from the leaked data, the combination of names, Social Security numbers, dates of birth, and mailing addresses still poses a significant threat.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...ous-global-hacking-group-has-possibly-stolen/

The Los Angeles Times has revealed alarming news on Tuesday that an astonishing amount of sensitive personal information was possibly stolen from up to 2.9 billion people around the world by a notorious global hacking group called USDoD in April.

Free rendering of Shakespeare: Hacked or leaked. That is the question.

(Anything to keep the public fearful, and under control, y'know)

National Public Data Admits Hackers Allegedly Stole Social Security Numbers in Massive Breach of Nearly ALL Americans
National Public Data (NPD), a Coral Springs, Florida-based company, has confirmed that cybercriminals successfully breached its servers, stealing the Social Security numbers and other sensitive information of nearly EVERY American, the New York Post reported.

Jerico Pictures Inc., operating as National Public Data, released a statement last week acknowledging the massive data breach. The company confirmed that the stolen data included names, email addresses, phone numbers, Social Security numbers, and mailing addresses.

The breach, which occurred in late December 2023, is believed to have exposed sensitive data through subsequent leaks in April and the summer of 2024.

More

It seems like the more security is implemented, the more is stolen.

Hard to have one's identity stolen when the clerk uses a cash box, pencil and paper, and the customer pays cash :tap:

Thinking about this, I can still remember the smell of the stores where they still did this, the stores using the cartons stuff came in to box people's groceries, and how friendly everyone was :) Some of those stores still had creaky wooden floors :)

LifeLock's going to be busy.
I’m wondering what the best thing to do is now? I know that my CA issued SSN has been stolen and used for illegal employment. And guess who notified me…? The IRS! So I took their recommended steps…then they [IRS] insisted that they never told me that….🤪. Good thing I’ve kept every SINGLE TAX RETURN AND LETTERS from them!

So, besides freezing your credit what’s everyone else doing?

Back