What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hacking Group Possibly Stolen EVERY Social Security Number in America and From Billions of People Worldwide

LydiaJoy

Well-known
I like how the article says "possibly".
To me this means it's not certain. I see this as more fear mongering to make people feel less secure and of course the government comes to the rescue to make you feel secure.
In Ronald Reagan's words...

"the nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help."

People should just freeze their credit. Thats what we did over a decade ago when my husband’s insurance had a big breach.

Or son's SSN had been stolen when in highschool (someone was living a whole other life) and after that rigamore we froze our credit as a proactive caution.

Today I went on TransUnion to check on things because we received communication about another hack (pretty big one) and realized that the site must be overwhelmed with people doing just that.

Or son's SSN had been stolen when in highschool (someone was living a whole other life) and after that rigamore we froze our credit as a proactive caution.

Today I went on TransUnion to check on things because we received communication about another hack (pretty big one) and realized that the site must be overwhelmed with people doing just that.
I'm sorry that happened to your son.

SS numbers have been stolen for decades. Doing almost everything online has made stealing our information much easier when people know how to hack into your data.

I'm just skeptical about how this article puts it that billions of SS numbers possibly have been hacked. It could be. A good hacker could do that. But I see a lot of this as a maneuver to get people to submit to going all digital and biometric for verify which is what they want to do and the more people get convinced that their personal information is not secure and verify by digital ID and biometrics is more secure there won't be any resistance to it.

I might just be ignorant but how is going all digital more secure when hackers can breach anything digital and the "deep fake" has gone on the rise where people can impersonate people's image digitally?

Back