What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Veteran Democrat Calls for Biden to Stand Aside, as Poll Shows Harris Now More Popular

Ghoti Ichthus

Genesis 18:32, 2 Chronicles 7:14, Acts 5:29
Articles from Australia, so publication date-time of first article after thread post time :lol:

Veteran Democrat Calls for Biden to Stand Aside, as Poll Shows Harris Now More Popular​

By Farrah Tomazin
July 3, 2024 — 11.44am

"Washington: The White House is resisting calls to release medical reports detailing President Joe Biden’s mental and physical health as the fallout over his devastating debate against Donald Trump continues.
Five days since Biden’s confused and incoherent performance sparked fresh questions over his fitness for office, Democratic state governors were holding crisis talks, and party elders and officials were still scrambling to defend the president."

"Behind the scenes, however, Democrats remained in panic mode, particularly after various reports suggested Biden’s performance during the debate – in which he struggled to complete sentences, forgot details and at one point froze – was “not a one-off”.
Lloyd Doggett is the first Democrat congressman to publicly call on Biden to pull out of the presidential race.Credit: Bloomberg
“There have been 15, 20, occasions in the last year and a half when the president has appeared somewhat as he did in that horror show that we witnessed,” veteran Watergate journalist Carl Bernstein told CNN’s Anderson Cooper on Monday, citing unnamed sources who had witnessed this first hand.
A CNN poll taken after the debate and released on Tuesday provided some good news for the president, showing that the six-point lead Trump held over Biden two months ago had not changed despite last Thursday’s event.
The same poll, however, also showed that most Americans now believe that another candidate would have a better chance of beating Trump than Biden, with Vice President Kamala Harris within striking distance of Trump (45 to 47 per cent)."

More

:pray: :pray: :amen: :amen: :thankyou: :thankyou:

‘Rigor mortis’: Watergate reporter says Biden’s debate behaviour not a one-off​

By Nick Ralston
Updated July 2, 2024 — 4.07pmfirst published at 3.40pm

"Veteran Washington journalist Carl Bernstein says those “very close” to Joe Biden have told him the “horror show” debate performance was not a one-off and that the US president’s cognitive decline has accelerated since the start of the year."

"Bernstein, the former Washington Post investigative reporter who rose to fame for his reporting on the Watergate scandal that eventually led to the resignation of Richard Nixon, says sources close to Biden have told him the president’s debate behaviour was not a rarity.
“These are people, several of them who are very close to President Biden who love him, have supported him and among them are some people who have raised a lot of money for him, and they are adamant that what we saw the other night, the Joe Biden we saw, is not a one-off, that there have been 15 to 20 occasions in the last year-and-a-half when the president has appeared somewhat as he did in that horror show that we witnessed,” Bernstein told CNN’s Anderson Cooper.
“And what’s so significant is the people that this is coming from, and also how many people around the president are aware of such incidents, including some reporters incidentally who have witnessed some of them.”
Bernstein, who did not disclose who he had spoken with, said that “particularly there has been a marked incidence of cognitive decline and physical infirmity”.
He said many of those who have witnessed the behaviour had approached Biden’s former chief of staff, Ron Klain, to tell him “we have a problem”, but they have been “pushed back repeatedly”."

More

:pray: :pray: :amen: :amen: :thankyou: :thankyou:

A brilliant article from a fellow aussie regarding the election voting mentality. PS don't be fooled by the headline he wouldn't vote democrat LOL :

I Will Be Voting Democrat…” :: By Ron Ferguson​

Published on: July 3, 2024 by RR10 Category:General Articles
The reasons –
  1. That is what my group and society does.
  2. Biden lost the debate, but we have always been Democrat.
  3. Democrats have better policies for women.
  4. Trump is a convicted felon with 34 charges.
  5. Trump lied all the way through.

A brilliant article from a fellow aussie regarding the election voting mentality. PS don't be fooled by the headline he wouldn't vote democrat LOL :

The reasons –

I liked the piece he did on kilts years ago :lol:

The reasons –
I read the entire article and it is very clever. I particularly like the way he repeatedly uses the situation in America to bring us to the Bible. Brilliant!

Back