What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

US prepares for bird flu pandemic with $176M Moderna vaccine deal

Here we go

The US government will pay Moderna $176 million to develop an mRNA vaccine against a pandemic influenza—an award given as the highly pathogenic bird flu virus H5N1 continues to spread widely among US dairy cattle.

The funding flows through BARDA, the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority, as part of a new Rapid Response Partnership Vehicle (RRPV) Consortium. The program is intended to set up partnerships with industry to help the country better prepare for pandemic threats and develop medical countermeasures, the Department of Health and Human Services said in a press announcement Tuesday.

In its own announcement on Tuesday, Moderna noted that it began a Phase 1/2 trial of a pandemic influenza virus vaccine last year, which included versions targeting H5 and H7 varieties of bird flu viruses. The company said it expects to release the results of that trial this year and that those results will direct the design of a Phase 3 trial, anticipated to begin in 2025.

More

Thought this needs to be said, please take no offense.

Just for the record, and according to my memory (which can be iffy), the majority of members on this forum and RF, did receive at least the first 2 Covid jabs.

Please be careful in casting negatives thoughts to those of us who complied. Hindsight is great.

However, as Israel loves to say “never again”!

Just for the record, and according to my memory (which can be iffy), the majority of members on this forum and RF, did receive at least the first 2 Covid jabs.

Please be careful in casting negatives thoughts to those of us who complied. Hindsight is great.

No one should point any form of negativity towards a brother or sister in the Faith. That would be a most unloving thing to do and would not reflect who we are in Christ.
Much deception was rampant in 2020. It was a major turning point in the world turning completely upside down and in my opinion as some were saying "don't let a crisis go to waste", those words were inspired by the devil and the devil took every opportunity to deceive anyone he could.
It's of no fault of anyone who got those shots other than the ones who imposed them by using a malicious form of coercion with a combination of fear and control giving most little option in choice.
Those who did not comply put themselves in the cross hairs of those in power and many faced consequences by those in power in some of the most unprecedented ways.
It was a very difficult time to be in but Thanks to God that truth was exposed and we all learned from it and sometimes it takes experience to enhance discernment and this is one way we all grow and I would say that what we all went through in that time gave incentive for more to look more closely to the times we live in and latch on to The Lord much more so than many may not have if not for that time of testing, so we can Thank The Lord even for times of testing when they move us closer to The Lord and make us even stronger than ever in our Hope for The return of our Lord Jesus.

Agreed. People really are hung up on it, especially the masks. I was watching an old grunt on YouTube and I've watched him for a bit. A few weeks ago, unprovoked, he just suddenly broke out in the whole "IF YOU EVER WORE A MASK YOU'RE ASLDFKJASLFJASDLKFASDLKFAJ!!!!". I had to unsubscribe. And it didn't matter if we had served or not, or even the specialized training some of us received, he wanted us gone if we even got near a mask. It's like bro, nobody knew what was going on. Everyone was confused, many were scared, the overload of information happened by the moment. Doomer articles were pumped out en masse a lightyear a minute. I did not get the vaccine, but I hold zero ill will for anyone that did. Nor do I think they were or are cowards for doing so.

And they all claim they "knew" what it was all really about, though. It's like, why don't you have that type of transcendent knowledge about anything else? How do you get so much wrong, yet at the drop of a hat, you knew exactly what all of the COVID-19 era was about before it even began. I don't buy it one bit. It's another reason I loathe "knowers". They are some of the most obnoxious people in the online space. And I hold nothing but resentment for that time in space, especially with the previous election iced all over the top of almost literally everything. RF was super hard to be on at that time. Apart from that, we lost friends, family, and more from death or departure because someone took a vaccine or wore a mask. It was just appalling.

And for you to say that speaks volumes. I think they will be very hard pressed to get many people to take this shot.

At my last doctor's appt they asked me if I'd like the latest COVID booster. I told them I don't plan on taking any mRNA shots for the rest of my life. Aside from that, I'm still pro vaccine although I think they've gone way overboard on it, especially with infants.

Agreed. People really are hung up on it, especially the masks. I was watching an old grunt on YouTube and I've watched him for a bit. A few weeks ago, unprovoked, he just suddenly broke out in the whole "IF YOU EVER WORE A MASK YOU'RE ASLDFKJASLFJASDLKFASDLKFAJ!!!!". I had to unsubscribe. And it didn't matter if we had served or not, or even the specialized training some of us received, he wanted us gone if we even got near a mask. It's like bro, nobody knew what was going on. Everyone was confused, many were scared, the overload of information happened by the moment. Doomer articles were pumped out en masse a lightyear a minute. I did not get the vaccine, but I hold zero ill will for anyone that did. Nor do I think they were or are cowards for doing so.

And they all claim they "knew" what it was all really about, though. It's like, why don't you have that type of transcendent knowledge about anything else? How do you get so much wrong, yet at the drop of a hat, you knew exactly what all of the COVID-19 era was about before it even began. I don't buy it one bit. It's another reason I loathe "knowers". They are some of the most obnoxious people in the online space. And I hold nothing but resentment for that time in space, especially with the previous election iced all over the top of almost literally everything. RF was super hard to be on at that time. Apart from that, we lost friends, family, and more from death or departure because someone took a vaccine or wore a mask. It was just appalling.
Excellent post, and it was appalling, and I hope we have all thought about it and grown since then. Wearing or not wearing a mask was connected to walking in faith, which was absolutely 100% wrong and very inconsiderate and hurtful to imply. As said, it was a very confusing time, with disinformation coming from ALL sides. We had not only ourselves to think about, but our family members….many of whom are not saved and for whom we did not need this mask and vaccine issue to become a faith issue. “I am a born again Christian walking in faith, therefore I am not going to wear a mask.” How distracting is that from the truth of the gospel!

I did not take the vaccines but I completely respect the decisions those of us who did. It was an individual, highly personal decision and no one should be made to feel dumb for doing it. We all had our families to consider and wanted to remain on this earth for them. Personally I was mostly against the shots but it wasn’t off the table, and let me tell you when we first got sick my husband and I were very much regretting not getting the shots at the time. I thought I was going to die, truly. Now that we know, hindsight is 20/20 but I can definitely understand why people got the shots.

I got the shots because sole caregiver for my elderly parents and they wanted me to.
The first two seemed like no-brainers, except for the stem cell thing, and I prayed and consulted Pastor first. The third and fourth I got, even knowing about issues, in faith that no harm would occur by obeying God's Commandment to honor/obey my parents.
However, now that they're in Heaven with Jesus, it's my decision.
I'm thankful I had a good doc that told me Pfizer only, that's what the VA was giving, and I'm on Eliquis.
As far as I know, I never got it, but no way of knowing for sure, one way or the other.

My big issue is the mask, as it causes tachycardia and skipped beats, which is a GIANT PROBLEM with afib. Minnesota law provides exemptions for medical issues that preclude wearing the mask safely, but most people didn't know, and violence and threats occurred to many, who couldn't and didn't wear one (or at least not all the time in places where otherwise required). I think this part of the law was deliberately underplayed and not highly publicized because TPTB knew "everyone" would claim the exemption. The VA here refused to honor Minnesota Law in this and I almost ended up in the ER because of it.

I did like the social distancing thing, and still like it. When possible, most people here still stay at least six feet away from people they're not with. Sure beats being coughed or sneezed on, and far fewer fragrance-induced headaches. FWIW, fewer purse snatchings and pick-pocketings, and harder to capture someone else's cc, etc. info. :) Minnesota Nice :)

:thankyou:
JESUS!!!
:thankyou:

Here we go

The US government will pay Moderna $176 million to develop an mRNA vaccine against a pandemic influenza—an award given as the highly pathogenic bird flu virus H5N1 continues to spread widely among US dairy cattle.

The funding flows through BARDA, the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority, as part of a new Rapid Response Partnership Vehicle (RRPV) Consortium. The program is intended to set up partnerships with industry to help the country better prepare for pandemic threats and develop medical countermeasures, the Department of Health and Human Services said in a press announcement Tuesday.

In its own announcement on Tuesday, Moderna noted that it began a Phase 1/2 trial of a pandemic influenza virus vaccine last year, which included versions targeting H5 and H7 varieties of bird flu viruses. The company said it expects to release the results of that trial this year and that those results will direct the design of a Phase 3 trial, anticipated to begin in 2025.

More

we should send this link to brother JD. He would go bananas.

What keeps coming to my mind is I can't put it past "some people " to have created this bird flu in some laboratory playing "Gain of Function" and purposely infected the cattle with it and the way Gain of Function works is the disease is made to jump onto other hosts and that's how a human got infected. This is how a manufactured pandemic is started. I've listened to the virology experts speak on how Gain of Function is done.

So that's double achievement for them -- cause pandemic to kill us off while also killing off our food supply. 😕

So that's double achievement for them -- cause pandemic to kill us off while also killing off our food supply. 😕
Precious sister this is just what the end times is going to be like. We are not appointed to The coming Wrath of The Tribulation, we're going home SOON!
But as we know it will likely get worse as the preparation for the coming Antichrist kingdom continues to unfold.
But where we get our encouragement and hope and strength from God is in His Word.
It's vital that we stay engaged in God's Word to remind us of our Hope inspite of what we see happening in this world that is under the control of the devil.
We all ought to keep our focus on our inheritance with our Lord Jesus. We keep encouraging one another, and be pillars for one another as a Body in Christ and pray for one another as we see the Day approaching.

"not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching"
Hebrews 10:25

All of God's promises in Christ Jesus are Yes and Amen.
1 Corinthians 1:20

"These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”
John 16:33

1 "But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come:
13But evil men and impostors will grow worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived.

14But you must continue in the things which you have learned and been assured of, knowing from whom you have learned them, "
2 Timothy 3:1, 13-14

7 "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind"
2 Timothy 1:7

"Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.”
Deuteronomy 31:6

23 "Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful."
Hebrews 10:23

“For yet a little while,
And He who is coming will come and will not tarry."
Hebrews 10:38

🙏🙏🫂❤️

I don’t have and never had an issue with anyone who took the vaccine or wore masks. I do have some residual anger towards everyone that tried to coerce the rest of us into complying. Nobody on here but those in my personal life, at my husband’s old job, the stores, doctor offices. My old eye doctor gave me the dirtiest look and rolled her eyes when I said I wasn’t vaccinated. The condescension from family too.

At times I just want to bring it up with my brother and just say “hey, remember that time you were talking down to me, our mom, and my husband thinking you were super smart for obeying the media?, yeah I remember too.” That’s definitely the sinful side of me but man it still bugs me when I am reminded of it.

I know people who lost their jobs. I haven’t heard a single apology. Oh well.

Back