What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Third Temple & The Millennial Temple

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Staff member
The Third Temple

God sanctioned the first two Temples built by Solomon and by Zerubbabel. The forth Temple will be built by Jesus Christ. The passage of Isaiah 66:1-6 indicates there is a Temple that God does not sanction, and that would be the third Temple, the one that will be in place by the mid-point of Tribulation.

Thus saith Jehovah, Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: what manner of house will ye build unto me? and what place shall be my rest? For all these things hath my hand made, and so all these things came to be, saith Jehovah: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and that trembleth at my word. He that killeth an ox is as he that slayeth a man; he that sacrificeth a lamb, as he that breaketh a dog’s neck; he that offereth an oblation, as he that offereth swine’s blood; he that burneth frankincense, as he that blesseth an idol. Yea, they have chosen their own ways, and their soul delighteth in their abominations: I also will choose their delusions, and will bring their fears upon them; because when I called, none did answer; when I spake, they did not hear: but they did that which was evil in mine eyes, and chose that wherein I delighted not. Hear the word of Jehovah, ye that tremble at his word: Your brethren that hate you, that cast you out for my name’s sake, have said, Let Jehovah be glorified, that we may see your joy; but it is they that shall be put to shame. A voice of tumult from the city, a voice from the temple, a voice of Jehovah that rendereth recompense to his enemies. Isaiah 66:1-6

So, I know there will be a third Temple and I know that it will be open for business by the mid-point of Tribulation. I get excited when I read about all the planning and preparations that are going on now for the eventual construction of the third Temple. It’s not for the Temple itself that I’m excited, but because it is a sign that we’re living towards the very end of the end times.

The Temple that will be built and then desecrated by the anti-christ will never be a house for God but is more a symbol of Israel continuing in its own ways, apart from God, a people deluded, stumbling about outside of the will of God who chose them to be His people.

Thankfully, in a very short time after the third Temple opens for business Israel will know National repentance and the King of Kings will return and this era will come to an end, and the Millennial Reign will begin.

The Millennial Temple - Ezekiel 40:5-43:27 Taken from Footsteps of the Messiah, by Arnold Fruchtenbaum, pages 450-452

Ezekiel 37:26-28 prophesies that God’s sanctuary will be placed in the midst of Israel:

26 Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them; and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore. 27 My tabernacle also shall be with them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 28 And the nations shall know that I am Jehovah that sanctifies Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore.

There is a great expansion and elaboration of these few verses in Ezekiel 40:5-43:27. The study of this lengthy passage will need to be limited to a survey of the material given by Ezekiel, emphasizing only a few important features. There are eight main sections which discuss the various facets of the Millennial Temple.

The first section, in Ezekiel 40:5-27, concerns the outer court. After the measurement of the outer wall (v. 5), Ezekiel gives a description of the outer court (vv. 6-27), mentioning the eastern gate (vv. 6-16), the thirty chambers and the pavement around the outer court (vv. 17-19), the northern gate (vv. 20-23), and the southern gate (vv. 24-27).

The second section has a description of the inner court, in Ezekiel 40:28-47. Four items are described. The first is the gates of the inner court (vv. 28-37), composed of the southern gate area (vv. 28-31), the eastern gate area (vv. 32-34), and the northern gate area (vv. 35-37); second, the table for the preparing of the sacrifices (vv. 38-43); third, the chambers for the ministering priests (vv. 44-46); and fourth, the altar (v. 47).

The third section describes the Millennial Temple itself, in Ezekiel 40:48-41:26. Included in this description are the porch (vv. 48-49), the posts (v. 1), the holy place with its entrance (v. 2), the Holy of Holies (vv. 3-4), the temple wall and chambers (vv. 5-11), the separate place (vv. 12-14), the interior (vv. 15-20) and the exterior of the temple (vv. 21-26). From all these various measurements, it is obvious that this particular temple will be larger than all previous temples, measuring about one mile square. The area of the present temple compound is not large enough to hold the temple described by Ezekiel and will require some major geographical changes. That is why the new mountain of Jehovah’s house will be necessary.

The fourth section, Ezekiel 42:1-14, describes the chambers of the outer court

The fifth section, Ezekiel 42:15-20, describes the outer wall

The sixth section is Ezekiel 43:1-9. It records the return of the Shechinah glory. Just as the Shechinah authenticated and sanctioned the Solomonic Temple, it will also sanction this temple by its return from the same direction that it left (vv. 1-5). Once the Shechinah returns, it will declare a message promising to never depart from Israel again, but to dwell in her midst forever (vv. 6-9).[58]

The seventh section, Ezekiel 43:10-12, contains a command to the prophet to point out the sinfulness of Israel. In light of the coming holy oblation, how much more should Israel be ashamed of her present sinfulness. The eighth section contains a description of the altar, in Ezekiel 43:13-27. Included in this description are the measurements of the altar (vv. 13-17) and its consecration (vv. 18-23).

This, then, is the Millennial Temple that is to be the center of Jewish and Gentile worship during the millennium.

Note that this 4th Temple. The Millennial Temple is sanctioned by the return of the Shechinah Glory. God never sanctions the 3rd Temple that Israel constructs on its own. God will never dwell in the 3rd Temple.

Sorry to disagree, but there was never a Zerubbabel‘s temple, I’ll have to go back and check, but there has been God-given visions of the temple that could be confused with the actual temples.

The second thing is, IMO, there is no fourth temple in Bible prophecy, temples has been cleansed and redeicated to Yahweh before, cases in point, when strange fire was used to light the incense on the table of incense and when a king of Israel stood in the Holy Place and God put Lebrosy on him and he ran out of the temple.

Jesus will return to reign, not to construct.

I always thought that Ezekiel had a rock solid prophecy of a MK city and temple new build project on an expanded Temple Mount. I've read many authors/pastors interpretation of the future MK temple (and city) and recently greatly enjoyed the YT video from Israel MyChannel. It's hard for me to reconcile that there will be no new MK temple building project after the tribulation period is over and the King of Kings and Lord of Lords returns in triumphant and rule.

This is amazing.

Ariel Ministries had a special guest presenter a few years ago, Dr. Roger Liebe. He gave a week's worth of teaching on this temple, including a computer simulated visual tour.
I just looked to see if there was a YouTube version online, and found this. Roger Liebi : le temple des derniers jours It's in French, I will look for an English version but if you watch on fast forward, without the sound, pausing for the illustrations it might be something to see.

My French is terrible but I was just looking thru it, and halfway thru, he's saying that the size of the Ezekiel Temple, INCLUDES Golgotha!!! I gotta find it in English. He's talking about all kinds of implications in the design of this temple. I want to understand the details he is discussing but my French is not up to the task. No wonder Dr Fruchtenbaum carries the English DVD series here The Messiah in the Temple - DVD

My French is terrible but I was just looking thru it, and halfway thru, he's saying that the size of the Ezekiel Temple, INCLUDES Golgotha!!! I gotta find it in English. He's talking about all kinds of implications in the design of this temple. I want to understand the details he is discussing but my French is not up to the task. No wonder Dr Fruchtenbaum carries the English DVD series here The Messiah in the Temple - DVD
It's worth finding, the dimensions from Ezekiel are amazing, but when Dr. Liebe shows his computer model it is INSPIRING!

As awful as things will get, his presentation gives that element of having a vision that we need. The results of the horrors of the 7-yr trib really are worth putting our hope in.
:hug:

Here is Dr. Roger Liebi (sometimes spelled Liebe) in English giving his testimony (his love of prophecy as an evangelistic tool is riveting) Interview with Roger Liebi: End Times and Current Culture

he explains the humour in a Jewish friend finding Isaiah 53, and exploding in anger that Christians must have slipped it in there, because it fit Jesus of the Christians too completely. His friend accepted Christ as his Messiah later.

another bit, regarding modern archeology and the Exodus finding no hint of Jews in Egypt (because they are about a millennia too late) while the evidence is stacked up on that previous date including the walls of Jericho exploding outwards.

He puts most videos out in German, with some in French and a few in English. He is Swiss. So for any German or French speakers, there is a mother lode of his videos around.

Not the Millennial Temple, but a 4 part teaching in English on the Temple in Jesus time with His disciples- the meanings and significance of various Temple stuff that we don't easily see. Not the one above but a real grounding in the significance of anything that mentions the Temple

The Messiah in the Temple part 1 Dr Roger Liebe teaching on Messiah in the Temple 1
The Messiah in the Temple part 2 Dr Roger Liebi, Messiah in the Temple 2
The Messiah in the Temple part 3 Dr Roger Liebe teaching on Messiah in the Temple 3
The Messiah in the Temple part 4 Dr Roger Liebe teaching on Messiah in the Temple 4

every detail he brings out is amazing.

Merci Beaucoup, Margery! I’ve opened it to look at it later. ☺️

Back