What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The burden of Damascus

There was an interesting take I'd never heard in a Terry James article this AM on RR:

"The cities‭ of Aroer‭ ‭are‭ forsaken‭‭: they shall be for flocks‭, which shall lie down‭‭, and none shall make ‭them‭ afraid‭‭."

Suggests it's not a nuclear strike, but perhaps occurs during God's repulsion of the armies of E38 on the mountains when He brings a great earthquake, rains down sulpher and all. Apparently that plain of Hauran before Damascus is full of dormant volcanoes.
I was about to post this, but like Andy said on another thread, you've beaten me to it🤣🤣🤣.

This was definitely an interesting take

There was an interesting take I'd never heard in a Terry James article this AM on RR:

"The cities‭ of Aroer‭ ‭are‭ forsaken‭‭: they shall be for flocks‭, which shall lie down‭‭, and none shall make ‭them‭ afraid‭‭."

Suggests it's not a nuclear strike, but perhaps occurs during God's repulsion of the armies of E38 on the mountains when He brings a great earthquake, rains down sulpher and all. Apparently that plain of Hauran before Damascus is full of dormant volcanoes.

This article pointed out several things that really seem to connect Is. 17 and Ezekiel 38 and 39! The dormant volcanoes in this Plain of Hauran is something I've never heard about. And it does make sense that flocks would still be able to graze there (Is. 17:2) since it wouldnt have nuclear fallout.
Very interesting to also consider that Is. 17 is explaining the effects of Ezekiel 38 on southern Syria and northern Israel since the Ezekiel 38 attack is supposed to come from the north. And a volcanic eruption triggered by the Ezekiel 38:19, 20 earthquake when Gog and all the nations attack would explain Ezekiel 38:22 when God pours down sulfur.
And both Is. 17 and Ezekiel 38 describe the same result of causing people to recognize it is God (Is. 17:7 and Ezekiel 38:16).

I'm giving this article's perspective serious thought!! @pixelpusher , thank you for linking this!

This article pointed out several things that really seem to connect Is. 17 and Ezekiel 38 and 39! The dormant volcanoes in this Plain of Hauran is something I've never heard about. And it does make sense that flocks would still be able to graze there (Is. 17:2) since it wouldnt have nuclear fallout.
Very interesting to also consider that Is. 17 is explaining the effects of Ezekiel 38 on southern Syria and northern Israel since the Ezekiel 38 attack is supposed to come from the north. And a volcanic eruption triggered by the Ezekiel 38:19, 20 earthquake when Gog and all the nations attack would explain Ezekiel 38:22 when God pours down sulfur.
And both Is. 17 and Ezekiel 38 describe the same result of causing people to recognize it is God (Is. 17:7 and Ezekiel 38:16).

I'm giving this article's perspective serious thought!! @pixelpusher , thank you for linking this!
It deserves a T shirt too. Pretty thought provoking. I like that it postpones Is 17:1 till the event itself. No waring. I love it. Even if not accurate it deserves an award of some sort in tracking with possibilities our great God might be about, amen. :)

Back