What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Searches ongoing after Iranian President Raisi's helicopter involved in 'hard landing'

Or, is God's Hand in this?
Genesis 12:3
**Interesting article after what I thought:

'Divine justice?': Rabbis claim helicopter crash is God's punishment for Iran's Raisi​

Following the emergency "hard landing" of Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi's helicopter in foggy conditions in northwestern Iran on Sunday, various Israeli rabbis have publicly reacted with remarks that suggest divine intervention, reflecting deep-seated spiritual and confrontational views.

Rabbi Meir Abutbul starkly referred to Raisi as "the hangman from Tehran" and condemned him in a post on Facebook for his antagonism towards Israel and the Jewish people.

Claiming the helicopter crash is divine punishment
"This dog wanted to hang Jews, so God scattered him to the winds in a helicopter crash, him and his entire Israel-hating crew," Abutbul wrote, suggesting that the crash was a form of divine punishment.

More:

Background

One guess how this could have happened *maisey*

Helicopter carrying Iranian President Raisi crashes, state media says​

By Antoinette Radford, Dakin Andone, Michelle Shen, Steve Almasy, Matt Meyer and Kathleen Magramo, CNN
Updated 10:44 p.m. ET, May 19, 2024

"A helicopter carrying Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi crashed in a northern region of the country Sunday, according to state news agency IRNA. After hours of searching, the crash site has been located, Iranian state news outlets have reported."

More

Who is Ebrahim Raisi

Iran's Ebrahim Raisi: The hardline cleric who became president​

:pray: :pray: :amen: :amen: :thankyou: :thankyou:

One guess how this could have happened *maisey*

Helicopter carrying Iranian President Raisi crashes, state media says​

By Antoinette Radford, Dakin Andone, Michelle Shen, Steve Almasy, Matt Meyer and Kathleen Magramo, CNN
Updated 10:44 p.m. ET, May 19, 2024

"A helicopter carrying Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi crashed in a northern region of the country Sunday, according to state news agency IRNA. After hours of searching, the crash site has been located, Iranian state news outlets have reported."

More

Interesting day!

Israel might not have done it, but the supreme leader will probably blame them. Whether Israel had a hand in it or not I think it might be God slowing things down for a little. The news here was saying they'll have to call elections to replace the president within so many days. So that might refocus them away from nuking Israel for a time.

Mohammed Bin Salman (MBS for short), the Saudi Crown Prince wants friendly relations with Israel for a couple of reasons.

First being protection from Iran which threatens Saudi Arabia because of the Shia Sunni conflict.

Second is he is a bit of a forward thinker and recognizes that eventually (Bible prophecy aside for a moment, that's not his world view) Saudi Arabia's oil market will disappear either because of new inventions less reliant on oil OR oil running out or both. He wants to pivot to the future and create wealth outside of oil while the oil money is there to fund new projects. One of those is NEOM, another is a railway bringing Saudi Oil to Israel's sea port in Haifa. That railway being proposed has gone quiet, and NEOM isn't as hyped anymore, but those were both programs that his friend Jared Kushner was helping him with.

He has had to walk a very fine line between irritating his father (who has plenty of princes to choose from if MBS falls from grace) and not being innovative enough that his father pulls him out of his prime position. His father hates Israel but he likes MBS's vision for the future of Saudi Arabia.

Iranian Red Crescent announced on Monday that authorities have located the wreckage of the helicopter which carried Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi and Foreign Minister Hossein Amir-Abdollahian.

Hopes are fading that Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi and his foreign minister have survived a helicopter crash in mountainous terrain and icy weather, an Iranian official said on Monday after search teams located the wreckage.

“We can see the wreckage and the situation does not look good,” the head of Iran’s Red Crescent, Pirhossein Kolivand, told state TV.

More

TEHRAN, May 21 (MNA) – All the passengers of the helicopter carrying the Iranian president and foreign minister were martyred.

A helicopter carrying President Ebrahim Raeisi and Foreign Minister Hossein Amir-Abdollahian crashed in a dense forest area in East Azarbaijan on Sunday.

On Monday morning, it was announced that all the passengers of the crashed helicopter were martyred.

More

**Confirmed by
The Jerusalem Post

Iranian president dead after helicopter crashes into mountain - report

Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi's death was confirmed on Tuesday morning, according to the Iranian state-run Mehr news agency.

Vice President Mansouri later also confirmed President Raisi's death in a helicopter crash on X, formerly Twitter.

Here are some key facts about Mohammad Mokhber, 68, Iran's first vice president who has become Iran's interim president following the death of Ebrahim Raisi in a helicopter crash.

As interim president, Mokhber is part of a three-person council, along with the speaker of parliament and the head of the judiciary, that will organize a new presidential election within 50 days of the president's death.

Born on Sept. 1, 1955, Mokhber, like Raisi, is seen as close to Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei, who has the last say in all matters of state. Mokhber became first vice president in 2021 when Raisi was elected president.

Mokhber was part of a team of Iranian officials who visited Moscow in October and agreed to supply surface-to-surface missiles and more drones to Russia's military, sources told Reuters at the time. The team also included two senior officials from Iran's Revolutionary Guards and an official from the Supreme National Security Council.

More

Amir just reported on telegram that they are all dead.

Smited, they be . . .

:bouncies:

7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
Galatians 6:7, KJV

2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:
3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.
Genesis 12:2-3,KJV

18 And Abraham said unto God, O that Ishmael might live before thee!
19 And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him.
20 And as for Ishmael, I have heard thee: Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; twelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation.
21 But my covenant will I establish with Isaac, which Sarah shall bear unto thee at this set time in the next year.
Genesis 17:18-21, KJV

:thankyou: GOD!!! (of the Bible) :thankyou:

TEHRAN, May 21 (MNA) – All the passengers of the helicopter carrying the Iranian president and foreign minister were martyred.

A helicopter carrying President Ebrahim Raeisi and Foreign Minister Hossein Amir-Abdollahian crashed in a dense forest area in East Azarbaijan on Sunday.

On Monday morning, it was announced that all the passengers of the crashed helicopter were martyred.

More

Martyred??
A martyr is someone who died for their [religious] beliefs.

How nice of Iran to bestow that high "accolade" on them.

Here are some key facts about Mohammad Mokhber, 68, Iran's first vice president who has become Iran's interim president following the death of Ebrahim Raisi in a helicopter crash.

As interim president, Mokhber is part of a three-person council, along with the speaker of parliament and the head of the judiciary, that will organize a new presidential election within 50 days of the president's death.

Born on Sept. 1, 1955, Mokhber, like Raisi, is seen as close to Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei, who has the last say in all matters of state. Mokhber became first vice president in 2021 when Raisi was elected president.

Mokhber was part of a team of Iranian officials who visited Moscow in October and agreed to supply surface-to-surface missiles and more drones to Russia's military, sources told Reuters at the time. The team also included two senior officials from Iran's Revolutionary Guards and an official from the Supreme National Security Council.

More

So it's pretty much business as usual for Iran

Back