What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Schools forced to close amid Covid surge

Over a thousand students were impacted as two schools in Alabama and Tennessee were recently forced to temporarily close due to a surge in COVID-19 cases.

According to The Daily Mail, two school facilities were closed in Alabama and Tennessee, forcing students and staff members to temporarily transition to remote learning. Officials reported that a surge in COVID-19 cases had forced them to temporarily close for a “deep clean” just days after the start of the new school year.

The Daily Mail noted that the school closures, which were both in Republican-led states, were implemented despite multiple studies showing that remote teaching has a negative affect on students’ learning, social interactions, and natural immunity.

According to The Daily Mail, Johnson-Abernathy-Graetz High School, which is located in Montgomery, Alabama, was forced to transition to remote learning just four days after the start of school. The school, which has 1,500 students, closed on August 14 and 15 for deep cleaning after 15 teachers contracted COVID-19. After the school re-opened, masks and disinfectant wipes were placed in each classroom; however, masks were not made made mandatory.

More

Imagine Madam President Kamala "Momala" Harris and VP Tim Walz barking covid variants and imposed restrictions at you for years to come. 🤭
Then there's the likelihood of stripped rights (firearms, speech, religion, etc.). Then there's the likelihood of a financial meltdown and terrible depression. Then there's the likelihood of reparations which means the likelihood of a reparations tax. Then there's the likelihood of a green tax. Then there's the likelihood of on and on and on, until they fundamentally transform America........very severe things ahead if Madam Kommie-La gets in.

Imagine Madam President Kamala "Momala" Harris and VP Tim Walz barking covid variants and imposed restrictions at you for years to come. 🤭

I liked what Gov Walz said at the beginning of the pandemic. He said for people to go outside, walk, bike, get exercise and sunshine, don't wear masks outside, and just stay six feet away from other people. Oh, and stay home if sick. There was no talk of closing down schools, businesses, etc., at first.

It was later that the Feds required the State to go along with CDC guidelines, but we still had it a LOT better here than so many other places.

I didn't like Gov Walz not treating churches the same as businesses. Thrilled my denomination was one of the two that sued :lol:
Some of the churches in my denomination didn't even stop using Common Cup, although the vast majority actually went to the pre-packs, so regular individual cups and Pastor serving the bread stopped for awhile :( Everything's back to normal with regard to Holy Communion, although pre-packs are used in some places for people communing in the pews/seats instead of going to the altar rail, or for those communing at home.

There we go again.

In my country new "vaccines" are ready to be rolled out, starting next week.
Also masks are being endorsed. SMH :headbang:

The VA hospital here has signs out saying masks strongly recommended due to high rates of respiratory infections, and required in high risk areas.
The ER is a high risk area with masks required, but they're not enforcing it except for people, who are sick, and some practitioners are wearing them.

At least they're not saying covid. This time of year, there's a lot of bronchitis and other respiratory crud here (some contagious, some not), plus flu season's approaching.

Back