What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Russian ships, submarine pass coast of Florida. Why, and what is the US doing about it?

Three Russian Navy ships and a nuclear-powered submarine seem to be passing the Florida coast Tuesday, June 11, on the way to Cuba for a military exercise, according to open-source intelligence analysts on social media. A tweet on X, formerly known as Twitter, said that the US Coast Guard Cutter Stone may be shadowing the Russian flotilla off the east coast of Florida abeam of Cape Canaveral.

On Wednesday, June 5, a U.S. official told the media that Russia planned to conduct naval exercises with combat vessels in the Caribbean region. The United States did not see the expected arrival of the flotilla to the Western Hemisphere to be threatening, but the official told Reuters the U.S. Navy will monitor the exercises. The officials spoke on the condition of anonymity to provide details that had not been made public yet.

Cuba said in a release last week the ships carried no nuclear weapons and did not represent a threat.

"This visit corresponds to the historical friendly relations between Cuba and the Russian Federation and strictly adheres to the international regulations," Cuba's foreign ministry said in a statement.

More

Wiley Coyote Acme rockets LOL

Short round . . . explodes . . . Wiley sustains enough injuries to kill him 10 times over, and all his fur and teeth fall out, yet miraculously lives and is redrawn in perfect condition to chase Roadrunner another day . . . and another . . . and another . . .

Meanwhile . . . Roadrunner Interceptors :big grin; :lol:

**Update

Developing:​

US attack sub, Canada navy patrol ship arrive in Cuba on heels of Russian warships​

HAVANA (Reuters) -A Canadian navy patrol ship sailed into Havana early on Friday, just hours after the United States announced a fast-attack submarine had docked at its Guantanamo naval base in Cuba, both vessels on the heels of Russian warships that arrived on the island earlier this week.

The confluence of Russian, Canadian and U.S. vessels in Cuba - a Communist-run island nation just 145 km (90 miles) south of Florida - was a reminder of old Cold War tensions and fraught ties between Russia and Western nations over the Ukraine war.
However, both the U.S. and Cuba have said the Russian warships pose no threat to the region. Russia has also characterized the arrival of its warships in allied Cuba as routine.

The Admiral Gorshkov frigate and the nuclear-powered submarine Kazan, half submerged with its crew on deck, sailed into Havana harbor on Wednesday after conducting "high-precision missile weapons" training in the Atlantic Ocean, Russia's defence ministry said.

More

(tugging urgently on God,s robe) Dear God, there are at least ten Christians in each State and Province, and if not, then at least ten in Canada and the United States . . . please remember your children!

32 And he said, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak yet but this once: Peradventure ten shall be found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for ten's sake.
Genesis 18:32, KJV

:pray: :pray: :amen: :amen: :thankyou: :thankyou:

**Update

Developing:​

US attack sub, Canada navy patrol ship arrive in Cuba on heels of Russian warships​

HAVANA (Reuters) -A Canadian navy patrol ship sailed into Havana early on Friday, just hours after the United States announced a fast-attack submarine had docked at its Guantanamo naval base in Cuba, both vessels on the heels of Russian warships that arrived on the island earlier this week.

The confluence of Russian, Canadian and U.S. vessels in Cuba - a Communist-run island nation just 145 km (90 miles) south of Florida - was a reminder of old Cold War tensions and fraught ties between Russia and Western nations over the Ukraine war.
However, both the U.S. and Cuba have said the Russian warships pose no threat to the region. Russia has also characterized the arrival of its warships in allied Cuba as routine.

The Admiral Gorshkov frigate and the nuclear-powered submarine Kazan, half submerged with its crew on deck, sailed into Havana harbor on Wednesday after conducting "high-precision missile weapons" training in the Atlantic Ocean, Russia's defence ministry said.

More

Oh this sounds like a comedy act if it wasn't so serious. We sent our entire fleet in one vessel (canuck joke. Our navy along with everything else is severely underfunded)

it must be serious if Trudeau is siding with America against Russia. Usually he's Russia's little fanboy, but since they invaded Ukraine he's been woebegone that his former heroes of the Revolution could do that to Ukraine. Maybe he's there to protect his beloved Cuba. From what we can't be sure. Trudeau's thought processes are a bit opaque. More hair than wit as the old Victorian saying went.

Mind you I think he really likes Biden. So this show of force from Canada should encourage Americans everywhere. We are on your side! At your side! With all of our navy right there with you. Shhh, if you play things right we might send our submarine, but it's been misbehaving lately so don't hold yer breath. We got it on a fire sale (literally) from the UK when their subs of that design were prone to fires. It's been a smokin' hot deal ever since. I think it has to come thru the Panama as it's usually parked on the Left Coast.

I don't think Trudeau is oblivious to the big, looooooooooooooooooooooong northern border that faces USSR, Canada's massive resources, and logistical realities of defense. @Tall Timbers difficult sojourn illustrated all too well for us the massive impact one small incident can have on a vast geographical area. Imagine the catastrophic results another insignificant incident east of there at about the same time would have caused.

Last I knew, Canada's villages don't have walls (like the U.S.)
and we still don't know where USSR's professional Soldiers are.

10 Thus saith the Lord God; It shall also come to pass, that at the same time shall things come into thy mind, and thou shalt think an evil thought:
11 And thou shalt say, I will go up to the land of unwalled villages; I will go to them that are at rest, that dwell safely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having neither bars nor gates,
12 To take a spoil, and to take a prey; to turn thine hand upon the desolate places that are now inhabited, and upon the people that are gathered out of the nations, which have gotten cattle and goods, that dwell in the midst of the land.
13 Sheba, and Dedan, and the merchants of Tarshish, with all the young lions thereof, shall say unto thee, Art thou come to take a spoil? hast thou gathered thy company to take a prey? to carry away silver and gold, to take away cattle and goods, to take a great spoil?
Ezekiel 38:10-13, KJV

6 And I will send a fire on Magog, and among them that dwell carelessly in the isles: and they shall know that I am the Lord.
Ezekiel 39:6, KJV

(tugging urgently on God,s robe) Dear God, there are at least ten Christians in each State and Province, and if not, then at least ten in Canada and the United States . . . please remember your children!

32 And he said, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak yet but this once: Peradventure ten shall be found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for ten's sake.
Genesis 18:32, KJV

I trust the Lord in all of this. He is allowing the stage to be set, the furniture in place before that curtain goes up.

Like the audience before the play begins we hear the orchestra tuning their instruments, the furniture behind the curtain being moved around. People are getting excited to see the curtain go up. We are the curtain, when we go up, the play can start. Till then God moves thru the action of the Holy Spirit in us to restrain evil.

How close we are, God knows. And I'm looking forward to the Rapture! These are just indicators like the speedometer on the car, going faster and faster. The destination is coming up soon.

Meanwhile I trust the Lord to restrain evil till it's time.

Maybe tonight! I hope so. But if it's still awhile and things get rough and bumpy, He will get us thru, just as He did during Covid and all the other rough and bumpy periods of history.

I was just in 2 Chronicles 20:15 recently and this verse comes to mind:

15 And he said, “Listen, all you of Judah and you inhabitants of Jerusalem, and you, King Jehoshaphat! Thus says the Lord to you: ‘Do not be afraid nor dismayed because of this great multitude, for the battle is not yours, but God’s.

They were fearful of death, of the army that came against them but they prayed and asked God and He delivered them.

This was how it went the next day:

22 Now when they began to sing and to praise, the Lord set ambushes against the people of Ammon, Moab, and Mount Seir, who had come against Judah; and they were defeated. 23 For the people of Ammon and Moab stood up against the inhabitants of Mount Seir to utterly kill and destroy them. And when they had made an end of the inhabitants of Seir, they helped to destroy one another.

24 So when Judah came to a place overlooking the wilderness, they looked toward the multitude; and there were their dead bodies, fallen on the earth. No one had escaped.

God delivers His own. He will care for us no matter what we face. Whether thru the trials or delivered up and out of them, God is faithful and He cares for us.

Back