What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rapture and the Tribulation

Goodboy

Just waiting for the Rapture at this point!
I believe there is a relationship between the Rapture and the Tribulation. What is that relationship? There are absolutely no signs as to when the Rapture will happen given to us in scripture. There are however signs as to when the Tribulation will happen though. As we believe that the Rapture will happen before the Tribulation, that gives us signs as to when the Rapture will happen. So I submit that there is a connection between the Rapture and the Tribulation.

Do you think that the Rapture will happen relatively soon? If so why? Is it not based on when the Tribulation will start?

1 Thessalonians 5:1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
1 Thessalonians 5:2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
1 Thessalonians 5:3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
1 Thessalonians 5:4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
1 Thessalonians 5:5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
1 Thessalonians 5:6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.
1 Thessalonians 5:7 For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.
1 Thessalonians 5:8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.
1 Thessalonians 5:9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,
1 Thessalonians 5:10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.
1 Thessalonians 5:11 Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.
Hebrews 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

We are supposed to watch for Jesus return for us as we see the day approaching. If the Tribulation has no connection to the Rapture, then what is it we should be watching for? 🤔 I believe we are to actually watch for the Tribulation and just know Jesus will return for us right before that.

I also believe that we along with the Holy Spirit are restraining what the Antichrist can do, so right after we are Raptured the tribulation will start.

2 Thessalonians 2:6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
2 Thessalonians 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
2 Thessalonians 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

That is what I believe anyway. 🙂

Back